[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Botting/Hacking Infested Server

MDanieIsMDanieIs
Reactions: 500
edited December 2016 in General Chat
Hello, Luna player here,

So I don't know if i'm the only one noticing but I've recently come back (1 month or so) and the amount of botters/hackers I have encountered its pathetic. Like half the channels in certain maps are all camped by botters, mostly in Leafre.

I don't know if its the same guy running multi clients but nevertheless it's sad they go unpunished, meanwhile I was getting d/c till recently cause my skills were bugged, actually still kinda am, cause lag and random stability issues.

Comments

• LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    edited December 2016
    ur not the only one there's lots of botters and hackers in every server and it's sad for us players to see the current state of the game and nexon doesn't listen it's been like this for years as for luna first time I see this sort of problem.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited December 2016
    Boy...makes you wonder what EMS did right to keep bots at bay :T
    Tropism
  • MomTeresaMomTeresa
    Reactions: 1,585
    edited December 2016
    orly? ems don't have botters?

i wanna know!
  • XionicomadXionicomad
    Reactions: 820
    edited December 2016
    Sorry to say that maplestory has always had a botter problem. They ban them, but two more take their place the moment they do. It is a never ending war.
  • TalonexTalonex
    Reactions: 505
    edited December 2016
    lets face it as long as players are willing to pay real money for Meso and items this will never go away, makes one long for the early days
  • AnimeWatcherAnimeWatcher
    Reactions: 830
    edited December 2016
    if they can just make Node stones un-tradable it would help keep them out of the new level 200 area.
    if they have a GM online to report too....
    if they make it so you don't have to click the hackers name to report them since they are kinda hard to click.....
    if you can report only 10 times a day and there are 20 channels with a lot more then 10 hackers per channel...
    there are a lot of things they can do too like make items untradable till you have meso to unlock it to trade but a lot of other players may not like that.
  • MDanieIsMDanieIs
    Reactions: 500
    edited December 2016
    MomTeresa
    MomTeresa said:

orly? ems don't have botters?

i wanna know!
    EMS did have botters, but for as long as I played it was never like it is now. You would find the recurrent botter in less transited maps and in just one channel. I am not sure if they were getting banned or just botters didn't care about going EMS.

Also, I'm not saying EMS was better, it had many flaws too, but in the botting issue it was surely better than this.
  • The Blue CorsairThe Blue Corsair
    Reactions: 1,915
    edited December 2016
    Historically, EMS has had worse problems with hacking and exploits than any other region has. While it's possibly gotten worse because of the merge, that's just because there are now more North American players playing in Luna, so meso selling companies have sadly taken notice.
  • BIackbeanBIackbean
    Reactions: 3,450
    edited February 2017
    too many haxas, brings the money to haxas
  • DemonluckDemonluck
    Reactions: 615
    edited February 2017
    it will nothing nexon can do about it btw u need to worry about the blaster botting they can make u d/c and lag at the same time so watch out of then
  • CobainCobain
    Reactions: 780
    edited February 2017
    Talonex wrote: »
    lets face it as long as players are willing to pay real money for Meso and items this will never go away, makes one long for the early days

I started playing back in '07 and there have always been hackers. Back then, they were worse then they are now. They should bring back the time limited Instance maps. Then, the hackers could go to them and leave "our" training/grinding/farming maps alone.
    if they can just make Node stones un-tradable it would help keep them out of the new level 200 area.<br />
    if they have a GM online to report too....<br />
    if they make it so you don't have to click the hackers name to report them since they are kinda hard to click.....<br />
    if you can report only 10 times a day and there are 20 channels with a lot more then 10 hackers per channel...<br />
    there are a lot of things they can do too like make items untradable till you have meso to unlock it to trade but a lot of other players may not like that.

The problem is, there are so many things out now, that allow you to hide your IP and MAC address. So if Nexon did IP/MAC ban hackers, they could just spoof their IP/MAC and get right back in the game. Nexon has been on a constant battle with hackers/botters and it will most likely never change. Like I said before your quote, hackers/botters have always been here.
  • BooberpuppyBooberpuppy
    Reactions: 3,415
    edited February 2017
    All behold the grand price of an extremely greedy company. Greed begets greed. You're not gonna ever stop this hacker/botter nonsense 'till Nexon changes their foolish ways. Don't hold your breath.
  • OthidistOthidist
    Reactions: 685
    edited February 2017
    If only they could tie in iss and ss numbers to each user, who can use multiple email accounts [to a certain point] but only one ss/iss number which cannot change. This way it could be different than Korea but just as secure. I am certain it wouldn't backfire with creditcard/ identity theft or embarrassing news heaadlines of lawsuits over divorcing and sharing accounts. If we blame each other, based on divisions of hackers and IP bans... if if if if if if if..