[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

I'm loving the new look

Comments

• MageOfBattlesMageOfBattles
    Reactions: 4,280
    edited September 2016
    Well, one point for the new forums is that it doesn't freak out occasionally when I try to access a new page. Unfortunately it looks like I deleted the screenshots of the glitchfest that it was *shrug* It was bad though.
  • KurtKurt
    Reactions: 1,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2016
    New forums look great! Would love the option to use a custom avatar though.
    Invulgo
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited September 2016
    Kurt
    Kurt said:

New forums look great! Would love the option to use a custom avatar though.
    we'll be seeing that later down the line.
  • KingDragonKingDragon
    Reactions: 2,005
    edited September 2016
    Looks like no more Gif to PNG avatars for me...
  • VerusAstrumVerusAstrum
    Reactions: 2,820
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2016

I do believe Michael mentioned that we just need a high enough post count to gain access to custom avatars again. Hopefully I didn't misinterpret him, but all hope is not lost!
  • SqampSqamp
    Reactions: 1,785
    edited September 2016
    VerusAstrum

I do believe Michael mentioned that we just need a high enough post count to gain access to custom avatars again. Hopefully I didn't misinterpret him, but all hope is not lost!
    I don't think this is correct. Custom avatars haven't been added yet, and I don't think they will restrict them by post count.
    MageOfBattles
  • MageOfBattlesMageOfBattles
    Reactions: 4,280
    edited September 2016
    Sqamp
    Sqamp said:

VerusAstrum

I don't think this is correct. Custom avatars haven't been added yet, and I don't think they will restrict them by post count.
    Gosh I hope not, that'd be awful XD

• bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Nexon
    edited September 2016
    MageOfBattles

Sqamp
    Sqamp said:

VerusAstrum

Gosh I hope not, that'd be awful XD

idk, the idea of a required post amount isn't that bad.
  • VerusAstrumVerusAstrum
    Reactions: 2,820
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2016
    Upon review, I do think I misinterpreted - but it's a common practice on many forums nonetheless. It's a compromise for forums that want to allow custom avatars, but not risk having new accounts do dumb things with them. I digress though.
  • SpectralRyderSpectralRyder
    Reactions: 1,030
    edited September 2016
    so far i love the new forums, they're more streamlined, they have a few more features for posts than the old forum, and then there's private messages...

i just miss some of the old memories from the old forum, but hey, that can be fixed over time.
  • JannaJanna
    Reactions: 640
    edited September 2016
    I love these. So much more pleasant and way less bare than vBulletin (which is an awful software). A lot more inclined to come post now that I don't have to refresh the old forums when they didn't load every other click. =(
  • TheNyanCatTheNyanCat
    Reactions: 1,430
    edited September 2016
    So I take it that maple forums have been separated from all other nexon forums since post counts don't really reset but just don't count here. Kinda disappointing how we only have so many avatars to pick from as well since it's easier to see who's talking by their unique avi.

Aside from that the UI looks very nice.
  • SzeploSzeplo
    Reactions: 450
    edited September 2016
    design looks a lot more streamlined and modern. i like it! :D
  • WillScarletWillScarlet
    Reactions: 1,225
    edited September 2016
    I like them and i like how we have forum tools for pics and stuff...
  • TimeKarmaTimeKarma
    Reactions: 780
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2016
    It's so clean now, I like it.

The font and the feel of it is just so nice.
  • MaryseMaryse
    Reactions: 6,640
    edited September 2016
    There's one thing that I noticed though. I feel like there should be more threads displayed on the page.
    It seems that there aren't many threads per page and I feel like it should have more threads per page. Maybe an extra 10 or so.
    bumbertyr
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Nexon
    edited September 2016
    Maryse
    Maryse said:

There's one thing that I noticed though. I feel like there should be more threads displayed on the page.
    It seems that there aren't many threads per page and I feel like it should have more threads per page. Maybe an extra 10 or so.
    agreed, would also like to be able to rate threads, i know the system wasn't used that much, but it still helped in visually showing a dislike towards a certain topics.
  • ふかせふかせ
    Reactions: 1,475
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2016
    I never really posted in the old forums, but I lurked them almost everyday. This new look will take a while to get used to, but I like it so far. I think I'll start posting more now instead of lurking all the time.
    bumbertyr
  • TheJoeCodeTheJoeCode
    Reactions: 615
    edited September 2016
    about time ,i am liking it a lot .
  • MemeChildMemeChild
    Reactions: 300
    edited September 2016
    forums look lovely