[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts
Closed

Maplehood Watch: 2/4 – 2/17

SaygoSaygo
Reactions: 825
Administrator, Nexon
edited February 2017 in Contests and Events
Saturday, February 4 to Friday, February 17
This event starts and ends at midnight UTC.

Event Schedule:
Saturday - Enhancement Day
February 4 and February 11Tuesday - Gachapon Day
February 7 and February 14Thursday - Beauty Day
February 9 and February 16

Join the Maplehood Watch to protect the neighborhood and earn free Cash items! Hunt monsters that are hanging around nearby and you will be rewarded with a random Gachapon/Surprise Style Box item, hair/face coupon, or enhancing item depending on what day it is. Saturday is Enhancement Day, Tuesday is Gachapon/Avatar Day, and Thursday is Beauty Day!6sahdeg43t.jpg

To begin, accept the quest ‘[Maplehood Watch] Have fun with Maplehood Watch, everyone' from the star event notifier on the left side of the screen. This event is available to players Lv. 33 and above (Zero characters must have completed up to Chapter 2).

Log in during the event days (Saturdays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays) and hunt monsters within your level range to receive the day's reward!
Saturday - Enhancement Day
February 4 and February 11

Saturdays are Enhancement Days! This can be completed 2 times per character per day. Log in and accept the quest ‘[Maplehood Watch] New and Enhanced' from NPC Maple Admin located in the Event Hall. Hunt 200 monsters within your level range (10 levels below and 20 levels above) to receive rewards!

On Saturday you can receive one Platinum Scissors of Karma and one Miracle Circulator (on non-Reboot worlds) and one Red Cube and one Miracle Circulator (on Reboot world only)!
23j5356.jpg

Tuesday - Gachapon Day
February 7 and February 14

Tuesdays are Gachapon days! This can be completed 3 times per character per day. Log in and accept the quest ‘[Maplehood Watch] Gachapon Giveaway' from NPC Cassandra located in the Event Hall. Hunt 200 monsters within your level range (10 levels below and 20 levels above) to receive rewards!

Maplehood Watch Gachapon Coupon

On Tuesday you can receive five Maplehood Watch Gachapon Coupons. Double-click each one to receive one random item including:

Items such as Dominator Pendant, Legendary Potential Scroll 50%, M-day Heart, A-rank Nebulites (Weapon Defense %, Magic Defense %, Max HP, Max MP, Recovery Rate), and Gold and Siler Potential Stamps.
g1maklk5.jpg

Lv. 150 Fafnir set equips/weapons and Lv. 140 Empress set equips/weapons.
g2mak67.jpg

Permanent chairs such as Bubble Bath Chair, Starry Night Chair, Shroom Buddy Chair, Pink Bean's Magic Chair, Mini Shinsoo Chair, and Oh My Empress.g3makl7.jpg

High Quality and Fantastical Androids (male and female available for both).
g4man12.jpg

You can also find Metamorph Potions, trait items, restorative potions, and 3- and 4-Star Enhancement Scrolls.

Maplehood Watch Avatar Box

You can also receive three Maplehood Watch Avatar Boxes. Double-click each one to receive one random permanent cash cover including:

Hula Feather Decoration, Hawaiian Couple (M), Hawaiian Couple (F), Hula Hula Beaded Anklet, Hula Hula Penglyn, Long-awaited Resort,ssb1lsm6k78.jpg

Raging Lotus Aura, Raging Lotus Wig, Raging Lotus Gown, Ill Orchid Wig, Ill Orchid Gown, Ill Orchid IV, Aerial Elven Spirit Band, Bunny Top Hat, Princess of Time Dress, Princess of Time Pocket Watch,ssb2majj576.jpg

Seal Wave Snuggler, Bubbling Shot, Twinkling Rainbow,ssb3mann23.jpg

Crystal Cat Ribbon, Bunny Glasses, Cutie Raincoat, Vacation Denim Pants, Moon Bunny Word Bubble Ring, Quack Quack Label Ring, Strawberry Cake Label Ring, Strawberry Cake Word Bubble Ring, Strawberry Label Ring,ssb4malk90.jpg

Flower Dance, Peach Camellia Kimono, and Sweet Lollipop.ssb5malk2.jpg

Thursday - Beauty Day
February 9 and February 16

Thursdays are Beauty Days! This can be completed 3 times per character per day. Log in and accept the quest ‘[Maplehood Watch] Beautification Bonanza' from NPC Big Headard located in the Event Hall. Hunt monsters within your level range (10 levels below and 20 levels above) and collect Maplehood Watch Coupon Fragments to receive rewards!

Maplehood Watch Hair Coupon

On Thursday you can receive one Maplehood Watch Hair Coupon. Take it to NPC Big Headward in Henesys Hair Salon to receive a new hairstyle!

Check out the Male Hairstyles that are available: Lop Ear Hair, Wolf Tail Hair, Cute Boy Hair, Heavy Metal Hair, Sweet Kitty Hair, and Wild Tangles Hair.

mhlk78.jpg

Check out the Female Hairstyles that are available: Lop Ear Hair, Wolf Tail Hair, Mermaid Hair, Bloom Hair, Olive Hair, and Lovely Tangles Hair.

fh376y5.jpg

Maplehood Watch Face Coupon

You can also receive one Maplehood Watch Face Coupon. Take it to NPC Nurse Pretty in Henesys Plastic Surgery to receive a new face style!

Check out the Male Face Styles that are available: Arrogant Face, Piercing Gaze, Sparkling Face, Distant Gaze, Mysterious Face, and Cartoon Face.

mf06k78.jpg

Check out the Female Face Styles that are available: Wounded Look, Piercing Gaze, Insolent Face, Pure Gaze, Puppy-Eyed Face, and Spica Face.

fflak35.jpg
Neospector

Comments

• TubaTuba
    Reactions: 3,175
    edited February 2017
    I wish you guys would have added in new stuff :/
    Same exact hair and nx as last time, the gacha might be different but kinda disappointing to see the same old same old.
    AppleChancery
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    Tuba wrote: »
    Same exact hair and nx as last time, the gacha might be different but kinda disappointing to see the same old same old.

While it is a bit disappointing, especially for those of us who did the event on several characters last time and got every item multiple times, I still would rather not look a gift horse in the mouth. It's free perm NX and free All-Star styles, and it's nice of Nexon to give them out again for those who missed the event last time or never managed to get the style they wanted.
    JettLuvsU
  • MekMek
    Reactions: 1,170
    edited February 2017
    Are we supposed to go to event hall?
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    Mek wrote: »
    Are we supposed to go to event hall?

No. Thankfully, we can accept and turn in the quests through the Star notifier on the left side of the screen.
  • TubaTuba
    Reactions: 3,175
    edited February 2017
    AKradian wrote: »
    Tuba wrote: »

While it is a bit disappointing, especially for those of us who did the event on several characters last time and got every item multiple times, I still would rather not look a gift horse in the mouth. It's free perm NX and free All-Star styles, and it's nice of Nexon to give them out again for those who missed the event last time or never managed to get the style they wanted.

Ok, and it's nice they are doing this, but that still doesn't change the fact that I still wish they would have updated this round of Maplehood.
  • MakazeKibaMakazeKiba
    Reactions: 1,800
    edited February 2017
    Out of 900 boxes, 511 were x-form/trait potions.
    Also, no Legend pots.
    Dominator Pendant though, so not a complete fail.
  • SammieySammiey
    Reactions: 510
    edited February 2017
    900 boxes??? Wauw...you certainly spammed it alot xD

Would be nice though if this event would follow up with a cash transfer event soon (i know we just had one..) so we could transfer the nice things that we got on other chars to our main char :D
  • TwistedTwisted
    Reactions: 300
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    How come i cant do the quest? i seem to be the only one having this problem but after i accept the "Not in my Neighborhood" quest, a second quest doesnt pop up to count my monster kills, i tried on multiple of my characters, help?
  • ShiroiluShiroilu
    Reactions: 1,000
    edited February 2017
    Twisted wrote: »
    How come i cant do the quest? i seem to be the only one having this problem but after i accept the "Not in my Neighborhood" quest, a second quest doesnt pop up to count my monster kills, i tried on multiple of my characters, help?

I'm having the same problem , the quest did not appear even clicking on Cassandra in the event hall

• VimiVimi
    Reactions: 1,760
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    Twisted wrote: »
    Apparently they changed the server times to UTC instead of PST. So basically it's already Wednesday right now and the Tuesday event is over.
    Pissed me off too when I figured this out, completely missed out a day. Real crappy of them to do this without any clear notification.
  • ShiroiluShiroilu
    edited February 2017
    And how we were supposed to know about the change of time? I don't play every day so i was expecting i could make the events only the assign days.

It's been a pain since they made the transfer with the european servers. It make everything confusing
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited February 2017
    Shiroilu wrote: »
    And how we were supposed to know about the change of time? I don't play every day so i was expecting i could make the events only the assign days.

We do have numerous threads on the time change for various reasons, including the official announcement regarding the time change and the subsequent response. I myself have pointed out that server reset occurs at 4:00 PM Pacific several times. Personally I find it useful because it allows me to catch up if I miss a day (being in California, I can log on both in the morning and at night), but no standardized server time is going to be ideal for every time zone global MS services.
    Generally speaking it's considered to be common knowledge among the community, but even when the game reset in Pacific time we had people wondering what timezone the game was in.

There is still the possibility of changing in-game times to suit players, though.
  • SabbmonsterSabbmonster
    Reactions: 990
    edited February 2017
    The Maplehood Avatar Box doesn't spawn in our bags? When I went into the Cash Shop today it said the Avatar Box has expired and I was confused. It spawns in the cash shop?
  • zzmerlinaazzmerlinaa
    Reactions: 840
    edited February 2017
    great, "today" (2/7) is "tomorrow" (2/8) since its after 7pm EST??? Why the heck does the Event calendar say there is "3hrs" left if the New Years coin shop was removed 5 hours ago??? Isn't "2/8" from 7pm 2/7 thru 7pm 2/8??? Missed out on the "Tuesday" event due to the "time zone" factor but the Event calendar should reflect the same thing. More coins to sit on...
  • EliseElise
    Reactions: 1,750
    edited February 2017
    Ugh, I missed the event because, you know, it ends at 6 PM here. >_<;. I hate this time change. I would have never thought to play an event that is for TODAY YESTERDAY at 6 PM, and thought I, you know, would have TODAY to do it. Like we did.
    I could have sworn times were originally shown in PST, per usual, but then changed.
    Sure, I could have done the event yesterday, but did I know? NO. And today, I had until 6 PM. When I'm doing other things, and other people are doing other things (WORK, SCHOOL, EATING). They should have just told us that American players had to do the event yesterday. But they didn't. They expected us to know UTC maths.
    I'm not happy, obviously.
    I don't know who decided to keep the times UTC, but they obviously didn't have the best interests of all of their players in mind. They should have made it so the US servers had PST, and the European one UTC with events reflecting the times for the servers. This new schedule only benefits the people who can play in the morning (not most of us), and European players. Good for them, but awful for the American players.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    The Maplehood Avatar Box doesn't spawn in our bags? When I went into the Cash Shop today it said the Avatar Box has expired and I was confused. It spawns in the cash shop?

Yes. Cassandra even tells you it's there when you turn in the quest.
    (But who reads quest dialog?)
  • SabbmonsterSabbmonster
    Reactions: 990
    edited February 2017
    AKradian wrote: »

Yes. Cassandra even tells you it's there when you turn in the quest.
    (But who reads quest dialog?)

I see. I must have missed that part when I skimmed it. A loss is a loss. Next time. Thank you for the answer.
  • ShiroiluShiroilu
    edited February 2017
    Neospector wrote: »
    Shiroilu wrote: »

We do have numerous threads on the time change for various reasons, including the official announcement regarding the time change and the subsequent response. I myself have pointed out that server reset occurs at 4:00 PM Pacific several times. Personally I find it useful because it allows me to catch up if I miss a day (being in California, I can log on both in the morning and at night), but no standardized server time is going to be ideal for every time zone global MS services.
    Generally speaking it's considered to be common knowledge among the community, but even when the game reset in Pacific time we had people wondering what timezone the game was in.

There is still the possibility of changing in-game times to suit players, though.

That would be helpfull, because i'm a little lost about the time changes, also i don't live in USA and don't have the possibilities to log in morning and night everyday.

This discussion has been closed.