[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[MAP/NPC] Event Hall Lag

Comments

• TheLoneKaiserTheLoneKaiser
    Reactions: 300
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    Think if we message support and ask them if they could give us stuff from the shop and simultaneously take x amount of coins for the requested items ,that they would do it?
  • NarpsNarps
    Reactions: 540
    edited February 2017
    It's broken and they don't have any intentions on fixing it, sorry.
  • Dark20Dark20
    Reactions: 1,060
    edited February 2017
    How about never? This is nexon we're talking about.
  • OlueOlue
    Reactions: 645
    edited February 2017
    If I took a shot for every thread/post that had to do with event hall lag, then I would pass out within the first page of the list of threads. Shows how poor Nexon's communication is with the community, which needs to be fixed. Better communication leads to faster resolution guaranteed.
  • StéphyStéphy
    Reactions: 1,440
    edited February 2017
    Hey roos,
    I have the same issue :s
    Although i found some sorta solution which worked for me (maybe aswell for u as u play in luna also)
    I go to channel 17 around 1-2am, i already put my mouse into the screen where the shops should pop-up.... Then i wall and open the shop via npc chat.
    Then it's about patience getting ur mouse where u need it...
    Make sure it all happend before 4min or the insane lagg and dc will start.
    Also do not try to move by walking out of the hall again. Either cc (which mostly isnt even able) or just restart > then ur back at portal to get out.

It's a very weird and very patience progress above and stuff but it does help me.
    Note that i still lag insane.
  • RereRere
    Reactions: 610
    edited February 2017
    I lag like no other in event hall. It's actually ridiculous and I just wish they never even made the map to begin with. I don't see what's the problem with leaving NPC's in every town.
    Only way it'll be able to cooperate with me if I do "CTRL+ALT+DELETE" and click on "Task Manager" and click on MapleStory again. You get a few seconds of lag free time to get what you need and go out. I repeat this process like 7 times and it takes me at least 15 minutes to go in - and go out of the Event Hall.
    (I do the same for Bingo and the X&O questions since I also lag there as well).
    Maybe it'll work for you? It just prevents me from lagging too much to the point where I can't move and end up disconnecting.
    ToastMasterJ
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited February 2017
    This is why i never participate in events that deal with event hall, only one was the beefy coins for the pet skills. If theyre not from the star tab, i dont do them
    RikuSama
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    Rere wrote: »
    I lag like no other in event hall. It's actually ridiculous and I just wish they never even made the map to begin with. I don't see what's the problem with leaving NPC's in every town.

The problem was that before the introduction of Event Hall, every town lagged like it does now, at least for some people.
    Rere
  • B0WM4NB0WM4N
    Reactions: 520
    edited February 2017
    So, the events that are coming out are like 100% pointless because like 75% of Maplers can't roam around the Event Hall normally?
    Nexon, fix this stupid crap, stop bringing out new stuff and FIX WHAT NEEDS TO BE FIXED! Eventually, 30% of the game will be left unfixed and broken....
    RikuSama
  • ToastMasterJToastMasterJ
    Reactions: 550
    edited February 2017
    Only way it'll be able to cooperate with me if I do "CTRL+ALT+DELETE" and click on "Task Manager" and click on MapleStory again. You get a few seconds of lag free time to get what you need and go out. I repeat this process like 7 times and it takes me at least 15 minutes to go in - and go out of the Event Hall.
    (I do the same for Bingo and the X&O questions since I also lag there as well).
    Maybe it'll work for you? It just prevents me from lagging too much to the point where I can't move and end up disconnecting.

Like he said, cntrl-alt-del, but I find that clicking switch user and logging back in gives you more lag free time. Enough to get the mouse where it needs to be
    This method is also what I use when the game is lagging so u don't get dced and lose my buffs.
    RereRikuSama
  • DeafnessDeafness
    Reactions: 100
    edited February 2017
    Event Hall lags really bad for me...
    Cant even use these new years coins because of the lag. Anyone else has this problem?
    I've tried turning off my pets and andriod as well as having all my settings on Low.
    The lag is so bad it just freezes...

Also is there another location for the New Years shop besides the Event Hall... PLEASE HELP..
  • Deadb4smileDeadb4smile
    Reactions: 300
    edited February 2017
    Sammmme I even turn down the graphics n it still lags really bad..
  • MonavicMonavic
    Reactions: 410
    edited February 2017
    Yeah its the same as 2016 and 2015 event hall lag....
  • RereRere
    Reactions: 610
    edited February 2017
    AKradian wrote: »

The problem was that before the introduction of Event Hall, every town lagged like it does now, at least for some people.

Hmmm.. Seems like there's no other choice but to struggle then. Maybe a pop up of the NPC on the star events would probably help...? But I doubt it.

• MayetalaMayetala
    Reactions: 1,520
    edited February 2017
    Strangely enough, for me it was never bad until right around when the V update came out. I don't understand why but ever since then, I automatically freeze every time I go in there.

I consider every event that requires going to event hall pointless now.
  • QuotedQuoted
    Reactions: 200
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    yea same wit me but if you're quick and have touch screen features on your device you can manage to buy something lol
  • ChillPhilChillPhil
    Reactions: 710
    edited February 2017
    Same
  • Bumblebee435Bumblebee435
    Reactions: 200
    edited February 2017
    still not not fixed ... even on EU servers ..
  • YonaxYonax
    Reactions: 3,016
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    Lag was so bad, couldn't even use my coins in the shop :-(.
  • MomTeresaMomTeresa
    Reactions: 1,585
    edited February 2017
    so, giving out more new year coins and extending the new year coin shop won't help much since the event hall is still lagging...

how about creating a room in the event hall and putting the lagging NPCs inside until the lag is fixed?

otherwise, please bringing the time-bound NPCs out of the event hall...