[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

so how about that garbage chocolate event?

Comments

• GeminiaGeminia
    Reactions: 2,370
    edited February 2017
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    Have you actually gotten to 250 choco power yet? Because if you had, you'd see that you, in fact, are wrong.

Naw man, doesn't work that way anymore. If you have proof and the other person doesn't and they tell you you're wrong, then obviously you're wrong.
    SynxinZeldaOfHyruleBooberpuppyLilyflowerRiceKrispies
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited February 2017
    Geminia wrote: »
    Have you actually gotten to 250 choco power yet? Because if you had, you'd see that you, in fact, are wrong.

Naw man, doesn't work that way anymore. If you have proof and the other person doesn't and they tell you you're wrong, then obviously you're wrong.

Ah hell, you're right. I forgot I'm living in the US in the era of YOUR RIGHTS END WHERE MY FEELINGS BEING
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited February 2017
    Please keep it civil.

I don't want to take sides in any particular argument, but @chooz: combo orbs should not push you into a choco-frenzy. Now, you might have experienced a bug, or you may have still been below 250 choco-power at the time (I managed to gain combos too fast myself and entered a frenzy), but we have some pretty good user evidence and testimony that combo orbs work fine above 250 choco-power. There's no reason to get upset over it; if it occurs again, feel free to record it and make a bug report.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    Has it occurred to any of you that the chocolate frenzy doesn't always trigger?

I consumed dozens of combo orbs with no ill effects and then suddenly one stunned me for no apparent reason. And I was past 260 choco power, because I had checked my quests and it said 260/250 and wouldn't give me the chair. But that's a different story.
    Anyway, yeah, got choco frenzy from combo orb above 250 choco power.
    Note that this was before the patch, I don't know what, if anything, changed since then.
    LilyflowerCorruptedPhoenix
  • choozchooz
    Reactions: 1,815
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017

Ah hell, you're right. I forgot I'm living in the US in the era of YOUR RIGHTS END WHERE MY FEELINGS BEING
    Hilarious, because you're the one employing their tactics. AKradian agrees. You gonna fight that response too? Gonna call us SJWs or something? You really seem set on denying the facts and putting the blame on me instead of accepting the idea you might actually be wrong.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited February 2017
    chooz wrote: »

Hilarious, because you're the one employing their tactics. AKradian agrees. You gonna fight that response too? Gonna call us SJWs or something? You really seem set on denying the facts and putting the blame on me instead of accepting the idea you might actually be wrong.

Man, why are you so hostile and argumentative about this? Chill.
  • WarameWarame
    Reactions: 675
    edited February 2017
    It is very simple.

Did you test getting combo orbs AFTER having 250 choco power, chooz?
    Because after 250 you are NOT supposed to go on frenzy anymore when collecting choco orbs. That's how it works.
    So if you are 100% sure that you tested this and you are still going on choco frenzy, you may report it as a bug on this forum because that is not how it should properly work.
    But be certain about this before making a post there.

There is nothing else to discuss here.
    /END
  • choozchooz
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    You're "not supposed to", but TWO PEOPLE ARE TELLING YOU THAT YOU ARE WRONG. YOU ARE NOT ACCEPTING OUR EVIDENCE.
  • choozchooz
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    chooz wrote: »

Man, why are you so hostile and argumentative about this? Chill.
    You chill, you're the moron trying to scream "feels before reals" at me like that debunks the ACTUAL, FACTUAL REALITY of what happened.

• WarameWarame
    Reactions: 675
    edited February 2017
    chooz...

If you are 100% sure it happened that means it is a bug. THE END.
    The normal way is to NOT Frenzy anymore when you collect combo orbs with 250+ choco power.

What should you do about it?
    Create a topic on bug report section.
    Easy.

Idk why you are complaining so much here.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    Warame wrote: »
    It is very simple.

Did you test getting combo orbs AFTER having 250 choco power, chooz?
    Because after 250 you are NOT supposed to go on frenzy anymore when collecting choco orbs. That's how it works.
    So if you are 100% sure that you tested this and you are still going on choco frenzy, you may report it as a bug on this forum because that is not how it should properly work.
    But be certain about this before making a post there.

There is nothing else to discuss here.
    /END

And if you do make a bug report, you'll get the answer that it's "working as intended". Because nowhere in the event notes or the in-game text does it say that choco balls won't trigger frenzy above 250 choco power. It's just something players have concluded from experience. Nexon can always say that "it can still happen, just rarely." That is, if they bother to say anything beyond the aforementioned "working as intended."

FWIW, it just happened to me again, at over 300 choco power. Believe it or don't, I don't care.

There's no point in a bug report and no point in this argument that's just a repetitive "it happened to me" "it can't happen" with neither side having any proof.
    LilyflowerchoozCorruptedPhoenixIts2Sharp4U
  • AlbinorockAlbinorock
    Reactions: 2,205
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    I forgot that this game had immature kids still playing it.
    Lilyflower
  • FlareyuFlareyu
    Reactions: 455
    edited February 2017
    You definitely still puke if you are maxed out on choco power.
  • DaisukeHarutoDaisukeHaruto
    Reactions: 1,935
    edited February 2017
    I had it happen once out of 30 Exp Orbs when I was maxed out at 250. it's a bug somehow but I'm not too worried. I just keep playing and gobbling up chocolates. Now wake me when Nexon sends the LaggingYoo Trio out of the Event hall.
  • MomTeresaMomTeresa
    Reactions: 1,585
    edited February 2017
    i am confused
  • GeminiaGeminia
    Reactions: 2,370
    edited February 2017
    Okay, you know what? I am puking after 250 power. HOWEVER, you keep the buff from the last time you used the syringe, even if you log off that character. So the best thing you can do is double click the syringe every time after you've collected a combo orb just for the buff increase until you get to the maximum buff, but don't consume any Choco afterwards, even if you do puke. I will say I'm sorry for thinking that you don't puke after 250, but in my defense, it didn't happen to me at all before the mini patch.
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited February 2017
    Here's video proof of testing if Choco Combo Orb can trigger a frenzy:

In short, a Choco Combo Orb can trigger a frenzy. It happens around 0:40 in the video.

I started at 250 Choco Power.

Each time I did not trigger a frenzy after a Choco Combo Orb, my Choco Power had increased. Before I triggered a frenzy I was at 350 Choco Power.

Whether this is a bug or not is still up for debate.
    AKradianchoozLilyflower
  • LinksMissingLinksMissing
    Reactions: 735
    edited February 2017
    Idk why everyone is arguing over this. All I'm wondering is does the buff get better, or are there any additional benefits to having more than 250 Choco power?
  • JulyJuly
    Reactions: 2,720
    edited February 2017
    Lets talk about the god dam chat spam after picking up Sweetheart Choco... so annoy!
    Why can't they just put it in 'Combat' tab..

And the Special Beauty Coupon spam in use tab? WHATS UP WITH THAT? 2min of training = 50 slots in use tab taken....
    Make-it-stack!
  • OrionTempestOrionTempest
    Reactions: 775
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    I just want the chocolates to NOT drop if the quest hasn't been started. I'm already sick of "Please start the tutorial quest" or whatever it says when training other characters.

(also, I have no use for any of the rewards, and the buff is temporary, so I have zero interest in the event at it is.)