[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts
Closed

Nexon changing Donald

ArlongArlong
Reactions: 4,645
edited February 2017 in General Chat
http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/10458/npc-update#latest

YARHARHARHARHARHARHARHARHAR
C2ilkSt.png

changing the npc won't change the fact that Donald Trump is president and the God Emperor of Kekistan
JettLuvsU

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    You misunderstand.

They are aware He's all that, and that's why they don't want to be taking His name in vain.
  • choozchooz
    Reactions: 1,815
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    Why did they even replace Duey?
  • ArlongArlong
    Reactions: 4,645
    edited February 2017
    Better to be silent than blaspheme the name of the God Emperor I guess.

In the beginning was the wall, and the wall was with Trump, and the wall was Trump. - John 1:1
    JettLuvsULilyflower
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    chooz wrote: »

Because hackers were able to use him for nefarious purposes.
    Lilyflower
  • PhoenixKumoPhoenixKumo
    Reactions: 2,730
    edited February 2017
    AKradian wrote: »
    chooz wrote: »

Because hackers were able to use him for nefarious purposes.

No but why'd they have to replace the NPC? Couldn't they have just changed Duey's functionality to what Donald (the package guy) is doing now?
    Lilyflower
  • genji123genji123
    Reactions: 1,120
    edited February 2017
    Most hilarious change ive seen Nexon do in the last few months. Like literally no one complained like SJWs do with petitions etc that i've seen on forums or r/Maplestory.
  • GeminiaGeminia
    Reactions: 2,370
    edited February 2017
    In any case, that NPC is 99.99999999999999999999999999999999999% useless to anyone. Why bother replacing it when it already serves virtually no purpose?
    Bahamut_XRikoLattégenji123Lilyflower
  • RikNLRikNL
    Reactions: 2,605
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    No community manager but they can do this.

use Zwarte Piet NPC from EMS?
    2z9m7og.png
    JettLuvsUbumbertyrDaisukeHarutoBahamut_XIvangoldgenji123grass
  • LazyKai120LazyKai120
    Reactions: 465
    edited February 2017
    Lmao who here actually complained about a pretty much useless NPC? So what if he looks like Donald Trump? Hes been in the game for YEARS and now all of a sudden hes "controversial"? Get a grip Nexon. This game was never about politics anyway. -_-
    RikoLattégenji123Lilyflower
  • DaisukeHarutoDaisukeHaruto
    Reactions: 1,935
    edited February 2017
    too late to ask but How the [balrog] was Delivery Donald used? I have never seen any sort of event or such to use him.
  • LazyKai120LazyKai120
    Reactions: 465
    edited February 2017
    too late to ask but How the [balrog] was Delivery Donald used? I have never seen any sort of event or such to use him.

He was used to gift items to other accounts you own or other players who weren't online.
  • rizariza
    Reactions: 3,025
    edited February 2017
    HELLO EVERYONE IM RIZA THE BEST THING TO HIT THIS GAME ALSO THE NEWEST STRONGEST BISHOP TO BE. SO ENOUGH OF THE INTRODUCTIONS AND LETS GET DOWN TO BUSINESS I ONCE RELEASED A CONSPIRACY THAT NEXON LOW KEY SUPPORTED TRUMP. TODAY THEY TOOK OFF MY FAVORITE NPC IN THE GAME. DONALD THE MAILMAN. TO US DONALD WAS THAT MAIL MAN THAT NEVER DELIVERED BUT LEFT US A MESSAGE THAT WE CAN DELIVER TO OURSELFS THE GREATNESS OF THIS GAME. NEXON HAS CROSSED THE LINE THIS TIME AND TOOK OFF MY HOMIE DONALD. I AM HERE TO MAKE A PETITION TO BRING DONALD BACK. WE MUST SUPPORT OUR COMMANDER AND CHEIF AND SUPPORT THE USA CAUSE WE ARE THE WORLD. AS A PROUD PATRIOT AND A VETERAN TO MAPLE I WILL DO WAT EVER IT TAKES TO BRING DONALD BACK AND MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN. ALSO I WILL HAVE DONALD MAKE A FIREWALL SO BIG THAT EACH TIME NEXON WHINES IT WILL GET 10FT TALLER.

[flash=]
  • GeminiaGeminia
    Reactions: 2,370
    edited February 2017
    LazyKai120 wrote: »

He was used to gift items to other accounts you own or other players who weren't online.

No, that was Duey and that function hasn't existed in many years. Donald was, roughly, a way for GMs to gift to players, and it has either never been used or the circumstances for its use have been absurdly low. I'm pretty sure the devs don't even know that Donald is different from Duey and has been a complete waste of coding.
    JettLuvsU
  • rizariza
    edited February 2017
    [flash=]
  • rizariza
    edited February 2017
    we must protect our history!!!!!
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited February 2017
    Oh great, you're back.
  • rizariza
    edited February 2017
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    Oh great, you're back.

you kno it ;) the truth is always around the corner and i made this vid a year ago so bam!!!!!!!
    edited February 2017
    Truth? The truth is that having Donald who look much like Trump is a very touchy subject. Given he's no longer just a business man but PotUS, Maple world has to be neutral and so Donald has to be retired. He might return in 4-8 years but for now, it's a trigger. much like if MapleStory had a person named Brock that resembled Obama which would cause the republicans to go off on Nexon. this is just preemptive to keep the peace.
    JettLuvsURikoLattéFleagrass
    edited February 2017
    Geminia wrote: »
    LazyKai120 wrote: »

No, that was Duey and that function hasn't existed in many years. Donald was, roughly, a way for GMs to gift to players, and it has either never been used or the circumstances for its use have been absurdly low. I'm pretty sure the devs don't even know that Donald is different from Duey and has been a complete waste of coding.

Do you think Donald would mind if Gaga, Cassandra and Maple Admin carpool with him on the way out?
    ArlongLilyflowerBahamut_X
  • rizariza
    edited February 2017
    Truth? The truth is that having Donald who look much like Trump is a very touchy subject. Given he's no longer just a business man but PotUS, Maple world has to be neutral and so Donald has to be retired. He might return in 4-8 years but for now, it's a trigger. much like if MapleStory had a person named Brock that resembled Obama which would cause the republicans to go off on Nexon. this is just preemptive to keep the peace.
    nah i exposed it since last year and they saw my video since they seen my facts they like dayum riza knows his stuff better take out the threat early so they did shout out to all my real peoples and skwaaaaaaa

This discussion has been closed.