[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.234 Destiny: Homecoming Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

So do baccaneers still have the laser skill?

Dark20Dark20
Reactions: 1,060
Posts: 172
Member
edited February 2017 in General Chat
I saw a baucaneer use transformation and a short ranged laser skill, but someone on gamefaqs told me they got rid of transformation or something.

Comments

  • FlogischFlogisch
    Reactions: 430
    Posts: 7
    Member
    edited February 2017
    Yes, they still have the laser :)
    Dark20
  • Dark20Dark20
    Reactions: 1,060
    Posts: 172
    Member
    edited February 2017
    Flogisch wrote: »
    Yes, they still have the laser :)

    Yessssss!!!!! I'm gonna make one tomorrow with my new character slot!!!!!!!!
  • FlogischFlogisch
    Reactions: 430
    Posts: 7
    Member
    edited February 2017
    Well, the transformation is half half. It's now a Mount. But when you shoot the laser, you will get transformed for the short time.


    Dark20
  • Dark20Dark20
    Reactions: 1,060
    Posts: 172
    Member
    edited February 2017
    Flogisch wrote: »
    Well, the transformation is half half. It's now a Mount. But when you shoot the laser, you will get transformed for the short time.



    Oh I see. I remember they said it was a mount now. They should've made it to an on/off skill.
    Flogisch
  • FlogischFlogisch
    Reactions: 430
    Posts: 7
    Member
    edited February 2017
    Dark20 wrote: »
    Flogisch wrote: »
    Well, the transformation is half half. It's now a Mount. But when you shoot the laser, you will get transformed for the short time.



    Oh I see. I remember they said it was a mount now. They should've made it to an on/off skill.

    Yep. They also changed for Corsair the Ship to a Mount and the skill to a spawnable NPC that shoot. This sucks.

  • Dark20Dark20
    Reactions: 1,060
    Posts: 172
    Member
    edited February 2017
    Wait, so can you use baccaneer blast when using the transformation mount?
  • Dark20Dark20
    Reactions: 1,060
    Posts: 172
    Member
    edited February 2017
    Flogisch wrote: »
    Dark20 wrote: »
    Flogisch wrote: »
    Well, the transformation is half half. It's now a Mount. But when you shoot the laser, you will get transformed for the short time.



    Oh I see. I remember they said it was a mount now. They should've made it to an on/off skill.

    Yep. They also changed for Corsair the Ship to a Mount and the skill to a spawnable NPC that shoot. This sucks.

    At least they get to keep baccaneer blast. Mechanics and cannoneers lost their laser skills, which really sucks.
  • Dark20Dark20
    Reactions: 1,060
    Posts: 172
    Member
    edited February 2017
    How do you get the transformation mount?
  • FlogischFlogisch
    Reactions: 430
    Posts: 7
    Member
    edited February 2017
    Dark20 wrote: »
    Wait, so can you use baccaneer blast when using the transformation mount?

    Nope. In the video u can see how he shoots the laser at 2:10 :).

  • Dark20Dark20
    Reactions: 1,060
    Posts: 172
    Member
    edited February 2017
    Flogisch wrote: »
    Dark20 wrote: »
    Wait, so can you use baccaneer blast when using the transformation mount?

    Nope. In the video u can see how he shoots the laser at 2:10 :).

    Oh so it's just like any other mount. But at least you can still briefly transform.
    Flogisch
  • CornutzCornutz
    Reactions: 615
    Posts: 25
    Member
    edited February 2017
    Just get to level 200. You get the transformation for a duration, which you can use your skills while its active.
    Dark20
  • KerBansotKerBansot
    Reactions: 1,635
    Posts: 271
    Member
    edited February 2017
    Bucc here.

    Transformation mount - I forgot how I got it but it's male regardless of your characters gender.
    Laser - still have it. Short when not charged, as long as sharkwave when charged.
    Trans and skills - doable via 5th job "meltdown" skill. It transforms you and you can use laser during said transformation. That or shoot two balls of fire. Looks pretty neat when you use POU while transformed
    Dark20
  • Dark20Dark20
    Reactions: 1,060
    Posts: 172
    Member
    edited February 2017
    KerBansot wrote: »
    Bucc here.

    Transformation mount - I forgot how I got it but it's male regardless of your characters gender.
    Laser - still have it. Short when not charged, as long as sharkwave when charged.
    Trans and skills - doable via 5th job "meltdown" skill. It transforms you and you can use laser during said transformation. That or shoot two balls of fire. Looks pretty neat when you use POU while transformed

    Oh okay thanks! How does the charging thing work? And is there a cooldown to it?
  • Dark20Dark20
    Reactions: 1,060
    Posts: 172
    Member
    edited February 2017
    How do you know if your brawler character is charging?
  • MisterPENGUINMisterPENGUIN
    Reactions: 1,665
    Posts: 132
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    Well to be honest, Buccs & Corsairs are the worst class at the moment. Probably will be for a long time. The skill isn't very maneuverable, short range blast from buccs. Also transformation goes down slowly every time you use a skill, but to be honest. It drains so fast that i barley get to kill anything with it. Also corsairs are just a no. The bomb coming out of the ship isn't very controllable or does it barley kill monsters. Also the fact that Buccs & Corsairs don't have ANY RANGE or maneuverability.

    I feel like we should post a poll and ask the CM's to talk to someone above them to revamp corsair and bucc.
    Dark20
  • Dark20Dark20
    Reactions: 1,060
    Posts: 172
    Member
    edited February 2017
    vTwisted1x wrote: »
    Well to be honest, Buccs & Corsairs are the worst class at the moment. Probably will be for a long time. The skill isn't very maneuverable, short range blast from buccs. Also transformation goes down slowly every time you use a skill, but to be honest. It drains so fast that i barley get to kill anything with it. Also corsairs are just a no. The bomb coming out of the ship isn't very controllable or does it barley kill monsters. Also the fact that Buccs & Corsairs don't have ANY RANGE or maneuverability.

    I feel like we should post a poll and ask the CM's to talk to someone above them to revamp corsair and bucc.

    I agree. They should make it so that bucc's blast is usable again by having a constant wide range laser beam attack instead of a short range one, and also, make it so it doesn't consume energy, just mp. This is like a less effective version of mihile's former 3rd and 4th job laser beam skills. I'm just playing buccs cause they seem pretty cool.

    I don't like crosairs cause you have to use bullets. Jetts are actually the worst class since they're just a reskin of buccs and crosairs with a mix of mercedes. I'm glad they brought kana and hayato to gms over from jms and I'm glad they kept the japanese voices for the two classes in game.
  • Dark20Dark20
    Reactions: 1,060
    Posts: 172
    Member
    edited February 2017
    How do you get the transformation mount btw?
  • FlogischFlogisch
    Reactions: 430
    Posts: 7
    Member
    edited February 2017
    Dark20 wrote: »
    How do you get the transformation mount btw?
    You get it at the 4th job instructor when u get ur 4th Job. When u got ur 4th job u need to talk with with him again to get it

    Dark20
  • Dark20Dark20
    Reactions: 1,060
    Posts: 172
    Member
    edited February 2017
    Flogisch wrote: »
    Dark20 wrote: »
    How do you get the transformation mount btw?
    You get it at the 4th job instructor when u get ur 4th Job. When u got ur 4th job u need to talk with with him again to get it


    Oh I see. Thanks! Also, is it confirmed that familiars are permanent now?