[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Thought's On Current Events?

MisterPENGUINMisterPENGUIN
Reactions: 2,075
Member, Private Tester
edited February 2017 in General Chat
Hey Nexon Forums. Banned a long time ago for argueing with a GM. I guess he didn't like me.
Anyway's I'm back to help this forum out like i used to. People use to complain about GM's not responding fast enough and i was there for you.
Now nexon has done a whole remake of this forum & its looking good so far. Would love to see future thing's done to this forum.

Now back to topic.

How is the current event's working out for you?
Currently my favorite event's on going has to be hands down, Special Beauty Coupon Event.
Least favorite, Let MapleStory Be Your Valentine! Only because there isn't much details to it.
The best event since 2014, Maplehood Watch. Really mad at the fact they expire in like 1 day.
Now the problem with Beauty Coupon for me is that there isn't much hairstyle's. The last time we had this event it had like 80+ hairstyles.
Now it's more like 15. Also the fact you cant SAVE skin color make's me mad as well.
This is why Choco Valentines Day event is my non favorite out of any event.
In Choco-crazed Nue, you must defeat the boss
Well I've probably went to the town about 45 times. Never ONCE faced a boss. So that mean's that I probably wont ever see these in my inventory.
Golden Choco Tickets, Sweetheart Choco, Reward Points, Selective 4 Slot Coupon, and Choco Syringe Chair.
Also this, Blackheart Day: Singles Army Unite! No clue how to spend the point's or what to do with the point's.
Defeat the monster couple to receive exclusive Blackheart Day drops. Collect ten Lovey-Dovey Rings to exchange for a Singles Army Pendant:
Singles Army Pendant: Untradeable, 30-day duration, Weapon ATT/ Magic ATT: +1.
Collect ten Heartbreaking Necklaces to exchange for a Singles Army Signet:
Singles Army Signet: Untradeable, 30-day duration, STR/DEX/INT/LUK: +1.
Monsters also drop Amorous Communiques which gives you a random amount of Singles Points. If you collect enough Singles Points, you can exchange them for medals or a Single Serving Chocolate Chair!
bhdhj23g45.jpg
ALSO mad at the fact that the vbxhj544.jpg
isn't permanent.
Now I'm not degrading nexon as the fact that these event's are amazing. Just some flaws and errors in them.

GIVE ME YOUR OPINION. How are these event's working out for you? Should nexon listen to forum member's for the next event's or just let them come up with something like usual?

1. Which Event Is Your Favorite.11 votes
    1. Let MapleStory Be Your Valentine!
       0% (0 votes)
    2. MapleHood Watch Event.
       82% (9 votes)
    3. Special Beauty Coupon Event.
       18% (2 votes)

Comments

• NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited February 2017
    Nue definitely spawns, and he's basically Inferno Wolf if the wolf had a large chocolate laser that dealt %damage and a bind. You can tell when he spawns because the Tengu's Trial BGM will start playing, you'll then have about 30 seconds to deal damage to Nue and pick up the chocolates he drops. You've definitely been unlucky so far. Or lucky, depending on how you look at it.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    vTwisted1x wrote: »
    The best event since 2014, Maplehood Watch. Really mad at the fact they expire in like 1 day.

It's free Cash stuff. Generous enough even if they do expire in a day. Don't get so caught up in farming them that you forget to use them.
    The NX clothes are permanent, which is awesome.
    And the event wasn't fixed to be one char per account (as it was described the first time we had it, but ended up not being), which is also very nice of Nexon.

Now the problem with Beauty Coupon for me is that there isn't much hairstyle's. The last time we had this event it had like 80+ hairstyles.
    Now it's more like 15. Also the fact you cant SAVE skin color make's me mad as well.
    It's the exact same selection of hairstyles as ever: all REG and VIP styles.
    As for saving skin color: there are, what, 8 skin colors in all? Not too hard to spam coupons until you get the color you want, and then restore the hair and face from salon.

TBH, a lot of people thought we'd never get this event again after we got the salon. It's really nice of Nexon to still give us this free makeover chance now that we can pick and choose faces and hairstyles.

"In Choco-crazed Nue, you must defeat the boss"
    Well I've probably went to the town about 45 times. Never ONCE faced a boss. So that mean's that I probably wont ever see these in my inventory:
    "Golden Choco Tickets, Sweetheart Choco, Reward Points, Selective 4 Slot Coupon, and Choco Syringe Chair."

Did you even check what those items are given for?
    Golden Choco tickets drop from the giant choco slimes in normal training maps, you don't need any more.
    Reward Points are for going to the town 5 times in one day. Regardless of whether you get the boss or not.
    Choco Syringe Chair is for reaching 250 choco power. No need to defeat anything at all, except maybe the RNG that makes you barf.
    The 4-slot coupon is for defeating 100 of the little monsters in Choco World. Not the boss.
    And Sweetheart Choco is the junk that drops from everything you kill in Maple World. You definitely don't need any more.
    Also this, Blackheart Day: Singles Army Unite! No clue how to spend the point's or what to do with the point's.

You'll get a quest in your star notifier once you have enough points for a reward.

My only major issues with the current events are:
    - the Beauty Coupons and Love Detectors not stacking in inventory
    - the laggy effect and spammy chat message every time I loot a Sweetheart Choco
    Minor issues:
    - chocoholic king slimes replacing all elite mobs, halting Monster Collecting progress
    - picking up "choco ball" combo orbs can trigger "choco frenzy" which causes stun and loot lag (as pet tries to pick up all the spewed chocolates)
  • MisterPENGUINMisterPENGUIN
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    AKradian wrote: »

It's free Cash stuff. Generous enough even if they do expire in a day. Don't get so caught up in farming them that you forget to use them.
    The NX clothes are permanent, which is awesome.
    And the event wasn't fixed to be one char per account (as it was described the first time we had it, but ended up not being), which is also very nice of Nexon.

It's the exact same selection of hairstyles as ever: all REG and VIP styles.
    As for saving skin color: there are, what, 8 skin colors in all? Not too hard to spam coupons until you get the color you want, and then restore the hair and face from salon.

TBH, a lot of people thought we'd never get this event again after we got the salon. It's really nice of Nexon to still give us this free makeover chance now that we can pick and choose faces and hairstyles.

"In Choco-crazed Nue, you must defeat the boss"
    Well I've probably went to the town about 45 times. Never ONCE faced a boss. So that mean's that I probably wont ever see these in my inventory:
    "Golden Choco Tickets, Sweetheart Choco, Reward Points, Selective 4 Slot Coupon, and Choco Syringe Chair."

Did you even check what those items are given for?
    Golden Choco tickets drop from the giant choco slimes in normal training maps, you don't need any more.
    Reward Points are for going to the town 5 times in one day. Regardless of whether you get the boss or not.
    Choco Syringe Chair is for reaching 250 choco power. No need to defeat anything at all, except maybe the RNG that makes you barf.
    The 4-slot coupon is for defeating 100 of the little monsters in Choco World. Not the boss.
    And Sweetheart Choco is the junk that drops from everything you kill in Maple World. You definitely don't need any more.

You'll get a quest in your star notifier once you have enough points for a reward.

- the laggy effect and spammy chat message every time I loot a Sweetheart Choco
    Minor issues:
    - chocoholic king slimes replacing all elite mobs, halting Monster Collecting progress
    - picking up "choco ball" combo orbs can trigger "choco frenzy" which causes stun and loot lag (as pet tries to pick up all the spewed chocolates)

Wasn't trying to farm anything, I have over 20 character's that can easily use these sccisors, but nexon server's are lagging and the fact that everytime i log out and log back in it crashes me trying to change a character, sometimes maple doesn't even open.
    Also have not seen any perm nx clothes. If you can tell me where that would be greatly appreciated. As said above, not many details on what to do and where to go.
    Actually the hair styles are not the same as last time.
    Also saving a skin color really helps. I want every skin color in game to change when i change my hairstyle or eyes. Depending on how it looks. I want to look like Mr T or even the hulk sometimes. you never know the possibilities with saving Skin color.
    Again like i said above. Very nice for them to give us these free events.
    Also yes i did CHECK how these items are gained as i got some of them.
    you do not receive Choco Syringe Chair for getting Lv 250 Choco power. I got something else. so no clue what you mean there.
    Have not received the event notifier for getting a lot of Single Points'

Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    Neospector wrote: »
    Nue definitely spawns, and he's basically Inferno Wolf if the wolf had a large chocolate laser that dealt %damage and a bind. You can tell when he spawns because the Tengu's Trial BGM will start playing, you'll then have about 30 seconds to deal damage to Nue and pick up the chocolates he drops. You've definitely been unlucky so far. Or lucky, depending on how you look at it.
    I must be very unlucky then. Also where would he spawn if so, Choco world? After doing what...

• NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited February 2017
    I must be very unlucky then. Also where would he spawn if so, Choco world? After doing what...

Whenever you use a golden ticket, you'll be sent to one of three minigames; you'll either help Kanetsugu protect Kenshin (who's overdosed on chocolate) by defeating monsters, catch falling chocolates with Starling and Crow (avoiding obstacles), or you'll fight Nue. The selection appears to be random, but no single minigame appears more common than the others.
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited February 2017
    Also have not seen any perm nx clothes. If you can tell me where that would be greatly appreciated. As said above, not many details on what to do and where to go.
    on the same day as the maplehood watch gachapon you also get maplehood watch CS boxes, they appear in your CS inventory and give perm NX clothes (non tradable, non- refundable for stamps)
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited February 2017
    I've always felt the singles army event was poorly done, it never seems to get improved even with how many times we've already had it. It just doesn't have anywhere near enough information as it needs.
  • OdysseyTwoOdysseyTwo
    Reactions: 2,750
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017

THIS.
    As a result, I won't be able to collect Cube Chairs until February is over.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    Wasn't trying to farm anything, I have over 20 character's that can easily use these sccisors, but nexon server's are lagging and the fact that everytime i log out and log back in it crashes me trying to change a character, sometimes maple doesn't even open.
    Also saving a skin color really helps. I want every skin color in game to change when i change my hairstyle or eyes. Depending on how it looks. I want to look like Mr T or even the hulk sometimes. you never know the possibilities with saving Skin color.
    you do not receive Choco Syringe Chair for getting Lv 250 Choco power. I got something else. so no clue what you mean there.

The lag and disconnects are not related to the event. I agree they are annoying.
    The perm NX clothes are on Tuesdays, and in your Cash Shop as Neospector explained.
    What makes you think the hairstyles are not the same? The event description is the same, and when Nexon recycles events they don't put any effort into changing them.
    Of course saving skin colors would be nice. But I don't think not being able to is a reason to get mad, as you said. The entire salon is a generous feature (KMS have a much inferior and more expensive version), and if Nexon wants to continue to make money (when the event isn't running) with skin-care coupons, I don't begrudge them that. At least the cash shop skin color coupons aren't RNG.
    Choco Syringe Chair is the gift for completing the mission "Choco-filled Veins" that requires 250 choco power. There is, in fact, not even one mission that requires facing Nue.
    How many is "a lot" of singles points?
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited February 2017
    The Choco Event was nice for a change since it's pretty fresh and gives a pretty generous buff (if you put some time into it) even though it got nerfed.

In terms of recycled content they really need to re-work it a little. Just putting up the event again is being pretty lazy. There needs to be variety or else people will lose interest and have the mentality of "oh it's this event again". I mean such things as Hunter's Club may need a few tweaks here and there with the RNG having a safety net.

However in general if they don't introduce anything eye-grabbing for a returning event, what's the point for the players who part-took it the first time? I think events need to cater for both new, returning, and active players.

Kind of repetitive as many other comments, but Nexon really needs to work on that, and that's only the surface of problems we have with MapleStory. Condensed patch notes don't help either.
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    Neospector wrote: »

Whenever you use a golden ticket, you'll be sent to one of three minigames; you'll either help Kanetsugu protect Kenshin (who's overdosed on chocolate) by defeating monsters, catch falling chocolates with Starling and Crow (avoiding obstacles), or you'll fight Nue. The selection appears to be random, but no single minigame appears more common than the others.

Well thanks for explaining it further, Also yeah just really unlucky. Had about 15 goldens tickets and no boss lol. Thanks dude appreciated. Also i dont know why people think im bashing nexon. This is amazing.

Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    Catooolooo wrote: »
    on the same day as the maplehood watch gachapon you also get maplehood watch CS boxes, they appear in your CS inventory and give perm NX clothes (non tradable, non- refundable for stamps)
    Ah must have missed this, Thanks though. Also any screenshot;s on what the boxes or even clothes look like? Would really appreciate that.
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    bumbertyr wrote: »
    I've always felt the singles army event was poorly done, it never seems to get improved even with how many times we've already had it. It just doesn't have anywhere near enough information as it needs.
    Yes this exactly. I've seen this event before but never really payed attention. Now that im higher level and wanting some more stuff to collect it's just impossible to do so.
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    OdysseyTwo wrote: »

THIS.
    As a result, I won't be able to collect Cube Chairs until February is over.
    That's true.

Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017

The lag and disconnects are not related to the event. I agree they are annoying.
    The perm NX clothes are on Tuesdays, and in your Cash Shop as Neospector explained.
    What makes you think the hairstyles are not the same? The event description is the same, and when Nexon recycles events they don't put any effort into changing them.
    Of course saving skin colors would be nice. But I don't think not being able to is a reason to get mad, as you said. The entire salon is a generous feature (KMS have a much inferior and more expensive version), and if Nexon wants to continue to make money (when the event isn't running) with skin-care coupons, I don't begrudge them that. At least the cash shop skin color coupons aren't RNG.
    Choco Syringe Chair is the gift for completing the mission "Choco-filled Veins" that requires 250 choco power. There is, in fact, not even one mission that requires facing Nue.
    How many is "a lot" of singles points?
    Yeah was having a very bad day today as my brother's account got banned and my mom blamed me for it, Even though i don't even live with them. LOL. Anyway's sorry i didn't mean to get mad i'm just really wanting this feature added. Also yeah nexon just need's to put a LITTLE more information about these event's out there. Like they do when they updated cash shop or major game updates, Red Update Etc. Yeah that's true cash shop skin color arn't RNG. to be honest man you made me happy and look at different thing's in different perspectives. Also I have not yet to see a chocho chair in my inventory after completing that quest but will look in my chair bag. Also a lot of single points = 38k now.

Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    The Choco Event was nice for a change since it's pretty fresh and gives a pretty generous buff (if you put some time into it) even though it got nerfed.

In terms of recycled content they really need to re-work it a little. Just putting up the event again is being pretty lazy. There needs to be variety or else people will lose interest and have the mentality of "oh it's this event again". I mean such things as Hunter's Club may need a few tweaks here and there with the RNG having a safety net.

However in general if they don't introduce anything eye-grabbing for a returning event, what's the point for the players who part-took it the first time? I think events need to cater for both new, returning, and active players.

Kind of repetitive as many other comments, but Nexon really needs to work on that, and that's only the surface of problems we have with MapleStory. Condensed patch notes don't help either.
    yeah the buff getting nerfed upset me only because i bet people were abusing it, Etc defeating bosses twice as strong as them as 50% is a high dmg buff. Also yeah variety and or more and more details. Like there is more details on the event right now on this forum then there is on the actual website. It's mostly pics and the names of events and items. No details on ways to obtain them or gain them.
    Most of it is explanatory but even inside the game when clicking on progress or the event mission, it just says Choco power hasn't reach choco frenzy yet or something like that. Saying nothing about it.
    I also think they should rename some event;s from old one's and add something to it. Like okay now that we have elite monster's they should add like, KING SLIME Elite Boss Event, where it's like a regular Elite boss but with more and maybe better drops. Chairs on the current event, Chances of more spell traces and maybe boxes to open. Idk something along those lines.
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited February 2017
    Ah must have missed this, Thanks though. Also any screenshot;s on what the boxes or even clothes look like? Would really appreciate that.

have you tried viewing this?
  • BooberpuppyBooberpuppy
    Reactions: 3,415
    edited February 2017

This is my biggest beef with the event. Inventory spam just really gets under my skin. If it weren't for that, I'd give this event consideration for being one of the most kick-ass and generous events Nexon has ever hosted. But as-is, just too much of an annoyance and unnecessary time sink. They really should patch it.
  • TanyaTanya
    Reactions: 1,230
    edited February 2017
    My favourites are definitely the maplehood watch & the beauty coupon event! This is my first year participating in the maplehood watch and I love it so much! I want to collect all the NX outfits :3

I also used the maplehood watch in conjunction with the beauty coupons! I would collect random beauty coupons and use them until I got the hair colour and eyes colour that I want and THEN would use the maplehood watch coupons! I've made some really cute colour themed characters this way and can't wait to do it again this week :D
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017

have you tried viewing this?
    Yeah but it was working yesterday, Wouldn't load all day.