[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts
Closed

Upcoming forced usage of Nexon launcher annoyance

Comments

• YakudleYakudle
    Reactions: 2,085
    edited February 2017
    what a terrible thing to do nexon i guess more people will stop playing after this and not because they dont wanna play
    its going to hapend because nexon launcher doesnt even work to begin with at least for me
    am not downloading that garbage of a launcher soo
    farewell everyone
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    A company like Nexon shouldn't be making this many mistakes with the amount people spend.
  • AhriaAhria
    Reactions: 415
    edited February 2017
    To be fair, I haven't had any troubles with the Nexon Launcher. I used the direct launch up until this point for years, but once I switched I really didn't find any issues with the launcher.
  • YakudleYakudle
    edited February 2017
    well this one its just a last attemp to stop them from doing this i mean its ridiculous to force people to install that garbage
    so i will quit the game if they make the gamelauncher unavailable
    anyone else willing to join this mass leave?
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited February 2017
    Yakudle wrote: »
    well this one its just a last attemp to stop them from doing this i mean its ridiculous to force people to install that garbage

Not many, and please don't create duplicate topics on a single subject. Merged.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    Yakudle wrote: »

I doubt many people would boycott over this, but there may be quite a few who end up giving up on getting the Nexon Launcher to work.

It's like I said in another thread: the true addicts will try and try and fight the glitchy program until they manage to get it to work one time out of ten, but anyone who's not as devoted will just go play something that's more cooperative.
  • forumsareannoyingforumsareannoying
    Reactions: 2,815
    edited February 2017
    I don't understand how Nexon can go from completely ignoring the lag problem for months and then drop a bombshell like this. Who the hell makes these stupid decisions? Is this somehow supposed to be a way in which they're gonna fix the lag? Can we please be made aware if it is? Because if so, then I am ok with it. If not, then this game truly is only getting worse.

It's almost as if their solution to the lag problem is to make more and more people quit. Less people= less lag.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    I don't understand how Nexon can go from completely ignoring the lag problem for months and then drop a bombshell like this. Who the hell makes these stupid decisions? Is this somehow supposed to be a way in which they're gonna fix the lag? Can we please be made aware if it is? Because if so, then I am ok with it. If not, then this game truly is only getting worse.

It's almost as if their solution to the lag problem is to make more and more people quit. Less people= less lag.

It has nothing to do with the lag. Regardless of how you launch the game, the client is the same. If anything, using the Nexon Launcher will increase lag on weak computers, because the launcher keeps on running and using up resources while you're playing the game.

But yeah, if enough people can be prevented from playing, I'm sure the server load will be greatly reduced.
    Lilyflower
    edited February 2017
    AKradian wrote: »
    But yeah, if enough people can be prevented from playing, I'm sure the server load will be greatly reduced.

That was what I meant. You know what, I'm happy about this. I hope 80% of the population decide to quit maple. Not just because of this.... but because of everything in general. Maybe then I could play without lag.

• bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited February 2017
    i'm definitely not a fan of the Nexon Launcher, i've had just too many problems with it in the past. I essentially use steam instead for all the games with the exception of combat arms of course.
    edited February 2017
    bumbertyr wrote: »
    i'm definitely not a fan of the Nexon Launcher, i've had just too many problems with it in the past. I essentially use steam instead for all the games with the exception of combat arms of course.

You're usually defending Nexon, what's your opinion regarding this change? Meaning, do you think it's a good/bad idea and why

• XariappaXariappa
    Reactions: 655
    edited February 2017
    Nexon probably will just proceed like they did with the UTC change and ignore all our protests.
    iamflip
    edited February 2017
    Xariappa wrote: »
    Nexon probably will just proceed like they did with the UTC change and ignore all our protests.
    Of course they will. It's what they do with almost everything
  • AznboiEAznboiE
    Reactions: 3,445
    edited February 2017
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    TL;DR: "I don't like change, so I'm going to lash out over it"

The launcher's come a long way. There are still issues, but if they start focusing mostly on it instead of having to worry about people who direct-launch the game, then I see no reason to think they won't have those issues sorted in short order. At least it doesn't download the entire game again if you try to launch the game while the servers are down anymore. And any remaining issues it has at this point aren't so bad that simply restarting it or, rarely, your entire computer won't resolve them.

tfw I have to wait 20 seconds every time I crash on the N-Launcher Client (and crashing is frequent obviously noted)
    tfw sometimes I close the N-Launcher process tree and still get a message saying the "product (maplestory) is currently in use" which will only go away after I reboot my pc.
    tfw I don't play after at least a month and it freezes during a game update and my only option to play the game is to re-download the entire game.
    tfw people take the extra step to avoid using the game launcher because of it's flaws and now Nexon is forcing them to use something that is unnecessary in the first place in order to compete with game developers that have ultimate game libraries such as Aeria Games, NCSoft, and Origin but for Nexon games.
    WQaMu0o.gif

Anything you can do I can do worse
  • PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
    Reactions: 5,265
    edited February 2017
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    Can you find one thing that the community hasn't sat here and complained about?

I can name one: removing the restrictions on Hard Magnus.
  • KitepyroKitepyro
    Reactions: 820
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    The Nexon launcher has it's problems. For some reason, it won't update the news for me every time I log in. One time, it couldn't detect my installed maplestory. So I did some troubleshooting (aka looking up on google). I have to say that one good thing (for me at least) is that it can detect any new updates for the game. Overall, the Nexon Launcher has a lot of problems.
  • PleinairPleinair
    Reactions: 1,320
    edited February 2017
    I managed to switch to Nexon Launcher in the past couple of days following the announcement, in order to see how it will effect my gameplay experience, and I found out the following so far in case anyone is interested and/or have the same symptoms:

The game keeps crushing/disconnecting every time so far I've I launched it with Nexon Launcher. I can't put up a store and leave it in FM because of that since the game so far crushed within a short time span every time if launched from the Nexon Launcher.
    I went back to using the direct launch to compare and my game didn't crush while the store is up in the FM.

Also, I've noticed that through the Nexon Launcher, the game disconnects EVERY TIME I click the switch character option in-game, which means I need to restart the game from the Nexon launcher for each time I want to switch a character in-game (in the same account mind you, NOT in separate accounts).

Do you think any of these issues will be fixed in the future or are they here to stay?
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    Pleinair wrote: »
    I managed to switch to Nexon Launcher in the past couple of days following the announcement, in order to see how it will effect my gameplay experience, and I found out the following so far in case anyone is interested and/or have the same symptoms:

The game keeps crushing/disconnecting every time so far I've I launched it with Nexon Launcher. I can't put up a store and leave it in FM because of that since the game so far crushed within a short time span every time if launched from the Nexon Launcher.
    I went back to using the direct launch to compare and my game didn't crush while the store is up in the FM.

Also, I've noticed that through the Nexon Launcher, the game disconnects EVERY TIME I click the switch character option in-game, which means I need to restart the game from the Nexon launcher for each time I want to switch a character in-game (in the same account mind you, NOT in separate accounts).

Do you think any of these issues will be fixed in the future or are they here to stay?

Oh, they will be fixed, don't worry.
    Just as the need to attempt changing channels over and over until it works was fixed.
    Oh, wait.
  • xNailKaiserxNailKaiser
    Reactions: 2,440
    edited February 2017
    Here's some of the issues I've encountered with the Nexon Launcher:

1. Updating the game client lately redownloaded the entire 9GB game package without any reasoning.

2. Any time the game crashes, I have to open Task Manager to kill the Nexon Launcher and Game Client both.

3. Sometimes updating takes forever to complete, even with a 4 GHz CPU. Not sure why other than a checksum calculation, but often I've hit the 30 minute mark at 100% and still its not finished.

I have NEVER had an issue with GameLauncher.exe at all. To me, why remove a working tool? This don't make any sense!
  • YakudleYakudle
    edited February 2017
    @Neospector
    doesnt matter if you abuse your powers as mod to censor/remove my posts of this orum if people keep getting this forced things they will leave for sure period

@AKradian
    lets be honest maplestory its not THAT adictive as world of warcraft was anyways so i bet a bunch of legit players will leave and maybe new come but when they see the status of this game even new people will try something else
    nexon doesnt care anymore about the veterans or even new players as well
    all they care about its money and convenience for them
    unless people already forgoth the fact that they removed a free skill from the game to later re~release it as a totem for cash
    or changing the server times for the employee convenience not for the players
    or better yet when they released a half~done poor patch called 5th job advancement that will also in the near future be changed into a cash grab
    just like the gambling with cubes even when they baned permanently legit players never saw an pology for that and i was one of those players
    am sick of this behaviour already the class i main since 2007 its garbage after so many "balances" that most of the time come from korean complains
This discussion has been closed.