[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Explorer Classes Need flashy skills too!

xXMakuXxxXMakuXx
Reactions: 200
edited September 2016 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
compared to most other classes outside of explorers, skill animations for a lot of explorer classes aren't nearly as flashy as others are, especially the warrior branch of explorers early on IMO. I feel that all explorer classes could use a bit of razzle dazzle, to compete with all these other classes.

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2016
    Unfortunately, their drab look matches their low power.
    Explorers are generally more of a pain to level up to 4th job than most other classes.
    xXMakuXx
  • xXMakuXxxXMakuXx
    edited September 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

Unfortunately, their drab look matches their low power.
    Explorers are generally more of a pain to level up to 4th job than most other classes.
    Perhaps a revamp is in order? a long overdue one ;]
  • TheGodOfFireTheGodOfFire
    Reactions: 890
    edited September 2016
    As a fire / poison mage i hope that my skills would be less flashy... sometimes i turn off most of my supportive skills in bosses so i could even see something. Luckily i heard there's gonna be option in future to turn your skills invisible.
    xXMakuXxBahamut_X
  • gamechangergamechanger
    Reactions: 3,460
    edited September 2016
    I like them being less flashy, I hate all the flashyness in the game right now.
    AKradianIvangoldxXMakuXxCaughtByLoveBahamut_X
  • xXMakuXxxXMakuXx
    edited October 2016
    gamechanger

all I'm saying is the explorer skills feel/look a bit dull in terms of skill animations, in comparison to the other classes. I'm not saying they need screen overkill animations but a bit of color or new animations would be nice :]
  • xXMakuXxxXMakuXx
    edited October 2016
    TheGodOfFire

As a fire / poison mage i hope that my skills would be less flashy... sometimes i turn off most of my supportive skills in bosses so i could even see something. Luckily i heard there's gonna be option in future to turn your skills invisible.
    what if the devs made a low/med/high setting in the options for skill animations? something more in dept then the quality slider we already have?
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited October 2016
    xXMakuXx
    xXMakuXx said:

TheGodOfFire

what if the devs made a low/med/high setting in the options for skill animations? something more in dept then the quality slider we already have?
    We should be getting a new option in the near future that allows us to adjust the transparency of skills.

F/P mages rejoice! You can finally tone down your obnoxiousness!
    xXMakuXx
  • nenenenenenenenenene
    Reactions: 1,095
    edited October 2016
    Isn't "flashy" part of the NX department ? Hint... Hint... ;)
    xXMakuXxBahamut_X
  • xXMakuXxxXMakuXx
    edited October 2016
    Aggraphine

xXMakuXx
    xXMakuXx said:

TheGodOfFire

We should be getting a new option in the near future that allows us to adjust the transparency of skills.

F/P mages rejoice! You can finally tone down your obnoxiousness!
    well, this is information I didn't now about, thanks for sharing that :]

but what about the other explorers? like warriors? IMO, warriors have the least satisfying skill animations out of all the explorers, they just don't SHOW the power visually. like the crusader skill, Panic? devs can do so much more to that skill to make it look more powerful.
  • xXMakuXxxXMakuXx
    edited October 2016
    nenenenene

Isn't "flashy" part of the NX department ? Hint... Hint... ;)
    you know what? I agree, but I'm talking about the skill animations themselves, for the Explorers. the skill animations just don't seem flashy enough, players should feel like their skills LOOK as powerful as they ARE, and vise versa.
  • xXMakuXxxXMakuXx
    edited October 2016
    gamechanger

which explorers classes do u feel need to be less flashy? I could understand you not liking the flashyness of the other classes, but I'm talking about the explorers :]
  • BIackbeanBIackbean
    Reactions: 3,450
    edited October 2016
    haha! I like this thread! Yes explorers need some love too! Give us flashy skills as well hahaha :D
    xXMakuXx
  • xXMakuXxxXMakuXx
    edited October 2016
    BIackbean
    BIackbean said:

haha! I like this thread! Yes explorers need some love too! Give us flashy skills as well hahaha :D
    so someone agree's with me ;]