[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts
Closed

Upcoming forced usage of Nexon launcher annoyance

Comments

• NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited February 2017
    Dark20 wrote: »
    @Neospector There's a difference between facts and insults. The fact is, nexon is doing a very bad job at fixing issues. But if you insist, I'll be as formal as possible. But they will be criticism.

Besides, why are you backing nexon when they're not doing a good job? Just curious.

Calling Nexon "retarded" is an insult, not a fact.
    genji123 wrote: »
    Because Neospector is one of the biggest Nexon apologists in these forums and on r/Maplestory. He has a point that mindlessly just bashing Nexon isn't helpful. But it's to the point that he's delusional, because he thinks it's the horrible community's fault, despite Nexon NA having the same problems for not just Maplestory, for over a decade.

The ex-CM, KTHXBAINAO would probably just say it's the challenge of being a publisher and not a developer, and the politics with Korea Nexon. But truthfully, Nexon NA is just simply incompetent.

You were warned of this too; personal insults are not tolerated.

If you cannot keep this thread on track without devolving into mindless insults, then it will be locked, I have absolutely no qualms about doing that at this point, but because of the nature of the issue I would like to avoid doing so.
    The moderators of this forum have kept close tabs on what people think of the Nexon launcher and have noted ways of improving it. I've also tried personally providing technical support to make the transition as smooth as possible. It's hard to do this when posts consist of insults and rude remarks parading around as "criticism".
  • MomTeresaMomTeresa
    Reactions: 1,585
    edited February 2017
    not quitting but getting pushed out =(
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    @Neospector , among the improvements you've "noted", did you include switching accounts without having to relaunch the game?

• NeospectorNeospector
    edited February 2017
    AKradian wrote: »
    @Neospector , among the improvements you've "noted", did you include switching accounts without having to relaunch the game?

I've only forwarded two specifics so far; the back button and the ban messages. I've taken note (personally) of switching accounts, but haven't specifically forwarded that particular issue yet.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    Neospector wrote: »
    AKradian wrote: »

I've only forwarded two specifics so far; the back button and the ban messages. I've taken note (personally) of switching accounts, but haven't specifically forwarded that particular issue yet.

Please do.
    This is a major issue for many players, and I believe that it is much harder to incorporate than the back button or ban message. Therefore, the sooner the team starts working on it, the better.

Also, I remind you of:
    - the ability to go back to region selection
    - having the last world used on this account automatically selected when the world select screen appears (so "Enter" will go there, with no need for clicking)
  • YakudleYakudle
    Reactions: 2,085
    edited February 2017
    @Neospector
    I haven't removed a thing in this thread, I merged your thread with this one because we do not need duplicates. Your post is still present.
    I could have deleted it and taken additional action; leading crusades against the game or against Nexon, in fact, against the rules. But I have not, so please be polite and constructive and please follow the rules in the future.

you removed my thread are you also going to deny that? mergin a completely diferent thread for damage control its cheap abuse of your mod status
    my thread its not present anymore soo

but its not a duplication of this thread at all not even the title was the same i just asked this
    "anyone else willing to join this mass leave? " a question its not the same thing unless in your twisted opinion it is

am not leading any crusade i just asked people if they had in mind quiting after the nasty stuff nexon is doing that you also defend i guess?
    dont ask to be polite about things when you do whatever you want in this forum thats hypocrite

also if that change its done me and soo many will be unable to play at all you even know what that means? probably not
  • DorDor
    Reactions: 710
    edited February 2017
    Being forced to restart the launcher twice today due to an update reminded me of another issue which I had forgot to mention in my original comment, being consistently notified of a non existing update to the launcher, forcing me to restart it without any way to start the game, a reinstall of the launcher had not resolved the issue and just caused more issues when the damn thing stopped about a week later, the launcher forgot I had the game installed, I tried to have it locate it at the same location I had it downloaded to, yet it refused to work, it wasn't untill I reinstalled the game that it was finally fixed. Meanwhile during the launcher's unusable state, I had no issues with GameLauncher.exe.

Besides the above, there's also the inefficient use of resources by the launcher, this launcher is very basic, nowhere close in any scale to Steam or even Origin and Uplay, yet it runs with multiple processes (4 at the time of writing, 1 active, 3 in the background) using 300MBs of RAM (which is critical on lower end machines, laptops especially) for literally nothing.

The forced use of this launcher will kill the game sooner than the playerbase separation would.
  • XariappaXariappa
    Reactions: 655
    edited February 2017
    I have had enough. I'm quitting! Trying to do my farms and got kicked out (cannot connect to the game server), then on restart kept on telling me that Maplestory stopped working. Sorry, but maintenance of my farms, including XippaFarm and XarroFarm is gonna cease as of now. Won't be able to do it anyway after March 23, using the NL because that would be way too much effort to restart the game for every account I maintain a farm on.
  • forumsareannoyingforumsareannoying
    Reactions: 2,815
    edited February 2017
    http://prnt.sc/e9qji6
    Dark20 wrote: »
    @Neospector There's a difference between facts and insults. The fact is, nexon is doing a very bad job at fixing issues. But if you insist, I'll be as formal as possible. But they will be criticism.

Besides, why are you backing nexon when they're not doing a good job? Just curious.

Calling Nexon "retarded" is an insult, not a fact.

Technically, it's both an insult and a fact. Here's the "fact". http://prnt.sc/e9qkrx

genji123 wrote: »
    Because Neospector is one of the biggest Nexon apologists in these forums and on r/Maplestory. He has a point that mindlessly just bashing Nexon isn't helpful. But it's to the point that he's delusional, because he thinks it's the horrible community's fault, despite Nexon NA having the same problems for not just Maplestory, for over a decade.

The ex-CM, KTHXBAINAO would probably just say it's the challenge of being a publisher and not a developer, and the politics with Korea Nexon. But truthfully, Nexon NA is just simply incompetent.

You were warned of this too; personal insults are not tolerated.

If you cannot keep this thread on track without devolving into mindless insults, then it will be locked, I have absolutely no qualms about doing that at this point, but because of the nature of the issue I would like to avoid doing so.
    The moderators of this forum have kept close tabs on what people think of the Nexon launcher and have noted ways of improving it. I've also tried personally providing technical support to make the transition as smooth as possible. It's hard to do this when posts consist of insults and rude remarks parading around as "criticism".

1. Sounds like he russled your jimmies.
    2. The insults are not mindless, they are harsh truths that apparently you cannot handle. Why? Because it's OBVIOUS that sincere suggestions and warm concerns does not interest Nexon in the slightest. "BUT THERE ARE RUL..."nobody cares about the rules. We care about playing the dam game without so many dam hinderances. Half the time the game is down for maintenances that resolve NOTHING but bring new problems and the other half it's unplayable due to old and new bugs, lag, and who knows what else. If Nexon cannot handle Maplestory then I would like to know RIGHT NOW, from THEM, so that I can quit this game once and for all and never look back. This false hope is getting too heavy.
    3. Locking this thread, whether you're in the right or not, will escalate this tenfold. I kind of wish you would lock this thread(not to be taken as a threat or a challenge) just to start riling up these forums. It just does not seem like anything we do or say can get Nexon to stop hiding behind you and the other mods while you guys "keep the peace" aka put out their fires. Do you really think this game is even in a decent state? Because if you do...

Then I sincerely would like new moderators. Or at least not you as a moderator anymore. I'm not saying you do a bad job, but you can't pretend to care or understand how we feel if you always reject "mindless insults" and glorify all the wrong Nexon does. I would understand if this current behavior recently began and if it was only with a handful of people, but 1) this is NOT new, it has actually been going on for months and 2) It's not a handful of people anymore. WE ARE A COMMUNITY :)

Since you're always defending Nexon, I guess this saying could apply to you: "If you're not part of the solution, then you're part of the problem". What does this mean? Well, a lot of you are probably thinking "hey, he's just a mod, he doesn't have real power, he doesn't NEED to do this, he's helped us with many other things!" Yeah, you're probably right. But sometimes, the things he fixes with his left hand gets ruined by his right hand. Now what does that mean...? It means he enables Nexon to do and get away with things such as this. They know he will keep us under control even if it means closing this thread. They know we will eventually give up or quit. They know. And he knows.

I'm sure there are other people such as @AKRadian who can do a good a job as you(if not better) and without being so biased. I don't even know him, but I get the feeling AKRadian would rather quit being a moderator than subject himself to represent something he does not believe is right. And it seems to me that you believe Nexon is in the right about every wrong thing they do. So that is why I do not want you as my mod anymore. My rant is over. Go ahead and lock this thread or ban me or delete my post idc. Im sick of this.

http://prnt.sc/e9qwnq
  • NeospectorNeospector
    edited February 2017
    -snip-

"Nexon is retarded" is not "fact". I do not know why I have to explain this to anyone, but it is not "fact", even by your insultingly pedantic definition.

You have demonstrated no ability to keep this thread on topic. You have repeatedly insulted people not just from Nexon, you have shown no desire to help the game constructively, and your posts primarily consist of Nexon bashing and threatening to quit (which you never do). Gems such as these:
    Nexon cannot stop lying. They also lie through omission ALL the time.
    Did any GM or whatever monkey works there check their inventory, or skills, or equips, or enter a different map, or enter the cash shop??? Clearly they do not play this game. This is unbelievable. This is like getting spit right in the face and then have to hear an apology for it.
    L>Bumbertyr to defend nexon and help continue to bump this thread until a mod comes and silences it so that Nexon can continue to ignore us and other players continue to be in the dark regarding how bad the situation actually is.
    They. Do not. Care. If they did, they would've have fixed some of the issues that have been around for months.

None of which are constructive nor helpful in the slightest. I would go on with this subject, but to do so I would have to get into language and behavior completely unfitting of this forum at all.

I have tried being polite, I have gone out of my own personal way to smooth things over, and I have been insulted for it by people like you, who continually break the rules on a regular basis despite constant warnings about your behavior and add absolutely nothing beneficial to the topics at hand.

And now you've derailed this topic completely by trying to turn it into a bashing thread against Nexon and against me personally.
    You are not in the right. You have been told to be polite, and you have ignored this. And no amount of reaction images is going to change the fact that you have, again, been a complete and total jerk to pretty much anyone who does not repeatedly bash Nexon or agree with your statements.

I have collected enough feedback from this thread and the Reddit thread I submitted myself to have a general idea of what people want to see before the changes go live, and I'll be submitting this to Nexon. As it stands right now, this thread has been derailed by infighting, Nexon bashing, direct insults against users, and general poor behavior, much of which comes from you, @forumsareannoying.

Information forwarded. Thread locked.
    Nyvor
This discussion has been closed.