[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Skills and quests no longer work

Comments

• bhavbhav
    Reactions: 200
    edited February 2017
    Same issue as above. ^ Take game down again and fix this please.
  • LunicoLunico
    Reactions: 300
    edited February 2017
    @Anything
    Oh man, i did that trick on horntail.
    Now im really stuck... -.-
  • AnythingAnything
    Reactions: 1,385
    edited February 2017
    Edit: see page 2. Not sure how it ended up with a duplicated comment.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    Anything wrote: »
    If you are wearing items that 'summons' something beside your character (such as LGR, Sylph Ring, Weather rings etc), try to get to FM and unequip them there.
    If you are in a map that is not a town, you will need to queue yourself out. The only one I know is do a Zakum Queue (try it even if you did the boss already), then talk to the NPC to go to El Nath town. Then you use Quick Move to move to FM. Take off all the items that has a summon effect and keep it unequipped.

You will be freely to move around and do everything.

Edit: Queue also works in Sengoku High Principal's Dojo.

This worked for me. My affected character was indeed wearing a Sylph Ring. As soon as I got it off (by queueing for Zakum and then going to El Nath, as suggested), everything returned to normal.
  • HollyDazeHollyDaze
    Reactions: 400
    edited February 2017

SuesHunter

lvl 210

Wild Hunter

game play

No skills, can't even ride my jaq

Windia

1:10 - 1:20 (about) EST
  • iminnocentiminnocent
    Reactions: 200
    edited February 2017
    my skills are not working as well
  • MaverickRedMaverickRed
    Reactions: 800
    edited February 2017
    Bug type: Game commands are not working

Brief bug summary: Game commands are not responding to my key inputs

More details: Refer to above summary

Steps to reproduce: Tried on a different character and it worked for that character but going back to the affected character it was the same as before

Character name: MavyZ

Character level: 200

Character job: Battle Mage

World name: Windia

Date and time of the incident: 2/16/2017, 2:28 PM EST

• JulyJuly
    Reactions: 2,720
    edited February 2017
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    You all really ought to use the proper format for reporting bugs
    Bug type:

Brief bug summary:

More details:

(anything not included in the other sections of your report)

Steps to reproduce:

(if not covered in the summary)

Character name:

Character level:

Character job:

World name:

Date and time of the incident:

(mention your time zone if you aren't posting Pacific time)

It gives more information on how widespread an issue is than one person going "this isn't working right" and a dozen more chiming in with "yeah me too". And please be sure to give actual information in "more details" and not just "IT DOESN'T WORK FIX IT REEEEEEEE", because that doesn't help anyone accomplish anything.

Your arrogance doesn't help. leave it to moderator or gm to guide other users, they do it better.

And for topic, I'm having the same issue after last maintenance. my character stuck (Scania) and only thing i can do is use the game chat.

I talked with live GM and they aware to this issue.
    I do hope they get a solution asap and go into unscheduled maintenance.

• NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited February 2017
    If you are wearing items that 'summons' something beside your character (such as LGR, Sylph Ring, Weather rings etc), try to get to FM and unequip them there.
    If you are in a map that is not a town, you will need to queue yourself out. The only one I know is do a Zakum Queue (try it even if you did the boss already), then talk to the NPC to go to El Nath town. Then you use Quick Move to move to FM. Take off all the items that has a summon effect and keep it unequipped.

This solution was effective for me.
    July wrote: »
    Your arrogance doesn't help. leave it to moderator or gm to guide other users, they do it better.

They were doing it in my place while I was in class after I have complained in a chat room about the lack of people using the format. Please don't blame them.
  • AnythingAnything
    Reactions: 1,385
    edited February 2017
    AKradian wrote: »

This worked for me. My affected character was indeed wearing a Sylph Ring. As soon as I got it off (by queueing for Zakum and then going to El Nath, as suggested), everything returned to normal.

Nice!

And people don't accidently click Ardentmill instead of FM in the Quick Move. It may happen if you got used to it by always going to that place...you will be perma stuck till the fix.
  • JulyJuly
    Reactions: 2,720
    edited February 2017

I wish i could try it out but my character in a map that can't queue or teleport =/ (The map that leads to fight with Damien)
  • MrPPKMrPPK
    Reactions: 1,070
    edited February 2017
    lil neon wings also bugs
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    Interestingly, this bug relates to this suggestion: http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/500/allow-hiding-sylph-ring-effect

I noticed that on my affected character, the Sylph never showed up. Normally it just takes a second or two to materialize, and you can't use skills only for that little time. Now that the summons just don't show up at all, the characters never recover.
    Maybe it's time to change that logic, so characters can function normally while the summon is getting itself together?
  • FreedomFreedom
    Reactions: 515
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    AKradian wrote: »

Nice!

And people don't accidently click Ardentmill instead of FM in the Quick Move. It may happen if you got used to it by always going to that place...you will be perma stuck till the fix.

Lol I got in the adent mill and now i want to destroy my computer