[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Still crashing at Region Select Screen

NarpsNarps
Reactions: 540
edited February 2017 in Tech Support
I haven't been able to login since the "maintenance", no matter how long I wait there is no getting past the Region Select screen.

Help?
Tuba

Comments

• TubaTuba
    Reactions: 3,175
    edited February 2017
    This just started happening to me lol
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    Don't wait on region select. That always makes me crash, too.

What works for me is:
    1. Use GameLauncher.exe
    2. Let Wizet/Nexon logos play
    3. Click to skip the video (some people say to watch Task Manager and make sure Maplestory.exe is using over 300mb memory before clicking. But definitely don't wait too long or you'll crash later)
    4. Select a region as soon as the screen shows up
    5. Wait at least a minute or two on the login screen (if using Task Manager: Maplestory.exe should be above 700mb before proceeding). Waiting longer is fine.
    6. Log in and play normally.

I assume that if you use Nexon or Steam Launcher, you won't get the login screen, so you need to wait on the world-select until the game is done loading.

Good luck.
    OdysseyTwo
  • NarpsNarps
    edited February 2017
    Tuba wrote: »
    This just started happening to me lol

Please let me know if you manage to get through, I've been trying since the maintenance on two different computers, with two different accounts, on two different IPs and still can't get anywhere. Even trying to make a character on Luna is a no-go.

• NarpsNarps
    edited February 2017
    AKradian wrote: »
    Don't wait on region select. That always makes me crash, too.

What works for me is:
    1. Use GameLauncher.exe
    2. Let Wizet/Nexon logos play
    3. Click to skip the video (some people say to watch Task Manager and make sure Maplestory.exe is using over 300mb memory before clicking. But definitely don't wait too long or you'll crash later)
    4. Select a region as soon as the screen shows up
    5. Wait at least a minute or two on the login screen (if using Task Manager: Maplestory.exe should be above 700mb before proceeding). Waiting longer is fine.
    6. Log in and play normally.

I assume that if you use Nexon or Steam Launcher, you won't get the login screen, so you need to wait on the world-select until the game is done loading.

Good luck.

I've done that all and it was going good until I had to put in my ID.. It didn't take my email and I don't remember how long it has been since I had an actual Nexon ID.
    Although now that I try it I get the same error as I did with the Nexon Launcher. Oh well, off to other games until/if they fix this. I appreciate the help, though. Hopefully others can take advantage of this workaround.