[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[SEVERAL THINGS] cold week, nexon launcher close..

slickazzshooterslickazzshooter
Reactions: 500
edited February 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
first off, i posted one thread bcuz i dont know if ill get them removed for multi-post, anyways i suggest cold weeks like hot weeks but during winter? makes sense right? and also where are our cold days(like hot days but in winter derp)? also my last suggestion which i bet alot of players wud favor, make a close button next to the play button for maplestory on nexon launcher, so we can close it if it crashes mainly, this would atleast make us less angry when maplestory crashes/fails to load while using the new launcher

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited February 2017
    They do hot weeks in winter too, so while I can see where you're coming from, that's a bit of a moot point.

And as far as closing the game when it takes a dump on you, you have task manager. Killing programs that have either frozen up irreversibly or crashed in a really "oh what the hell now" kind of way is kinda the whole actual point of task manager anyway. Just gotta find and kill the MapleStory process and the Nexon Game Security process. If you're on Windows 8 and up, and you have task manager sorted by name, MapleStory will be under Apps at the top, and NGS will be under Background Processes just below it.

And hey, be glad that they don't use an antihack that hides the game process in task manager. I've played one or two games like that and it is stone-cold retarded when the game takes a dump in a new and interesting way and you have no way to actually kill it.
  • slickazzshooterslickazzshooter
    edited February 2017
    well let me re-phrase that a bit "have a close button that actually detects the client crashing/closing" and allow us to end the client there or at least refresh it maybe? so that we can then click a button to close and/or have it register that it has already closed so we may start the client again. : )
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited February 2017
    well let me re-phrase that a bit "have a close button that actually detects the client crashing/closing" and allow us to end the client there or at least refresh it maybe? so that we can then click a button to close and/or have it register that it has already closed so we may start the client again. : )

It's a simple enough matter to do that all yourself though. I don't think the launcher needs to hold your hand through a client lock-up and/or crash.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    Aggraphine wrote: »

It's a simple enough matter to do that all yourself though. I don't think the launcher needs to hold your hand through a client lock-up and/or crash.

The whole idea of a Launcher is to be a handholder. A wrapper. Otherwise, what use is it at all? Just launch manually, patch manually, and shut down manually, as needed.

If the Launcher increases the amount of manual maintenance you have to do, instead of reducing it, something is very wrong.
    And the Nexon Launcher does, because it, itself, gets stuck and needs restarting. It needs to be tricked into realizing your installation is, in fact, up to date. It's worse than useless, at least for some people.
    Lilyflower
    edited February 2017
    AKradian wrote: »
    Aggraphine wrote: »

The whole idea of a Launcher is to be a handholder. A wrapper. Otherwise, what use is it at all? Just launch manually, patch manually, and shut down manually, as needed.

If the Launcher increases the amount of manual maintenance you have to do, instead of reducing it, something is very wrong.
    And the Nexon Launcher does, because it, itself, gets stuck and needs restarting. It needs to be tricked into realizing your installation is, in fact, up to date. It's worse than useless, at least for some people.

this guy knows exactly wut needs to be done too^. and also some of our fellow maplers dont even know task manager exsist....it can clearly detect when maple is running "currently in-game" so why not simply have it detect its not running? and yea i know its not "simple" fix, but alot of ppl complained about this that they shud atleast consider it...
  • forumsareannoyingforumsareannoying
    Reactions: 2,815
    edited February 2017

this guy knows exactly wut needs to be done too^. and also some of our fellow maplers dont even know task manager exsist....it can clearly detect when maple is running "currently in-game" so why not simply have it detect its not running? and yea i know its not "simple" fix, but alot of ppl complained about this that they shud atleast consider it...

I am pretty sure Nexon knows what they are doing with the launcher. Please give them a chance I am sure all will be ok and we will continue to play Maplestory smoothly once the Direct Launch method is gone. We should all just wait and see for ourselves when the time comes.
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited February 2017

I am pretty sure Nexon knows what they are doing with the launcher. Please give them a chance I am sure all will be ok and we will continue to play Maplestory smoothly once the Direct Launch method is gone. We should all just wait and see for ourselves when the time comes.

just like nexon knows what they are doing when they always put event NPC's in the event hall only, even though they know it's laggy due to Maple Admin, Cassandra and maybe Gaga.
  • Celeste123Celeste123
    Reactions: 840
    edited February 2017
    Catooolooo wrote: »
    just like nexon knows what they are doing when they always put event NPC's in the event hall only, even though they know it's laggy due to Maple Admin, Cassandra and maybe Gaga.

Well they had better know what they are doing this time. If they make their only option to get in to the maplestory game with that launcher of theirs, and it causes too many issues, they'll turn even more people away from the game than they do now!
    edited February 2017
    i still want them "cold days" the same as hot days, not hot week. :\