[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

i really shouldnt be having a problem at all but..

skrubrekrskrubrekr
Reactions: 845
Member, Private Tester
edited February 2017 in Rants and Raves
i get that most people playing maple dont have beefy computers but i really shouldnt be lagging though?bfhudyj.PNG
i know that nexon probably? has servers from 2006 but is it really so much work to have decent servers/good community managers?
i understand if you guys are pretty busy but at least try to listen to us and maybe open up the test servers for gms?? instead of people testing the game that uses mp potions on a kinesis

the only errors/problems that i get are:
- runtime errors when logging in (nothing pops up at all, its just a dark window)
- random crashes ????
- the horrible lag that no one can escape from (i never lagged in the event hall once but after the new years events im somehow lagging????)
- "you have been disconnected for the HACk reason" ???what???
i barely have problems when bossing (since i can take out most of them in a couple minutes) but mobbing? oh no

i used to use the GameLauncher, but im now using the nexon launcher becuase of this: http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/20725/maplestory-direct-launch-ending-march-23
wheres the rewards, nexon??

this rant here basically says everything: http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/10254/client-and-latency-stability-is-garbage/p1

Comments

• Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited February 2017
    md6Wtp8.png
    I've looked at multiple types of PCs that had various issues with Maple. At the end of the day it's generally the fault of the game and not the computer.

There are some rare scenarios where an installation is corrupted or something is required but we generally don't have a decent customer support to even tackle those issues. I've said once that if they don't take down the smaller issues how will they bother to work on the major ones if it ever arises?

We can report all sorts of problems but at the end of the day Nexon is the only one that can fix the game. They're the ones in charge of maintaining this dinosaur. If a flagship game like this goes down the drain that will hurt their image at a considerable level, but to most with little to no surprise seeing the path that they're taking for the short-term money making greed.

Even several NX spenders are unhappy about the quality of service such as Royals, weekly sales, or even lack of compensation or extension of hired merchant shops because of channel crashes and numerous of unscheduled maintenance or just the "maintained" game in general.

For the better interest of both the community player-base and company I wish there would be more communication and visible action to not only fix the game, but make it better. It's a win-win scenario hands down in the long run. The fact we have hackers rampant getting to Level 250 without anyone stopping them due to the sheer unthinkable numbers and real players legitimately unable to play the game due to a plague of errors isn't that enough proof to say that the game is dying and something needs to be done?

Big things start with small tasks. One by one doesn't equal to success but it becomes one step closer. That's how people don't get overwhelmed by issues and if they do, it can be done by cutting things down one by one.

If Nexon doesn't come down to be transparent and interactive with the community treating us like human beings and getting the work done, how can we the players ever treat them seriously as mature gaming publisher even beforehand, "a worldwide leader in online games", or ,"The Best in Online Games"?
    skrubrekr
  • NarpsNarps
    Reactions: 540
    edited February 2017
    I mean.. i5 6300HQ and 8gb of RAM isn't really that great, but it's also not needed (or you would think) for a game like MapleStory.
    I'm running a 1050TI, 16gb of RAM, and an i5-7600k, still can't get to the bottom of the event hall without 2 FPS, same with Ursus, it's just a poorly optimized game and they clearly have no intentions on fixing it.
  • skrubrekrskrubrekr
    Reactions: 845
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    Narps wrote: »
    I mean.. i5 6300HQ and 8gb of RAM isn't really that great, but it's also not needed (or you would think) for a game like MapleStory.
    I'm running a 1050TI, 16gb of RAM, and an i5-7600k, still can't get to the bottom of the event hall without 2 FPS, same with Ursus, it's just a poorly optimized game and they clearly have no intentions on fixing it.
    i believe you on the poorly optimized game, but i dont see how you can have a great game and not keep up with it?
    are kms's servers/service this bad?
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited February 2017
    skrubrekr wrote: »
    Narps wrote: »
    i believe you on the poorly optimized game, but i dont see how you can have a great game and not keep up with it?
    are kms's servers/service this bad?

I can't answer that truthfully due to the fact I've never played KMS and that certain information about GMS has yet to be officially confirmed.

Based on speculation:

Whatever gets broken gets fixed pretty quickly in KMS is due to the fact they have their own game dev (development) team. Unlike GMS where we possibly might have to rely on the KMS game dev team. Yet since we don't even make 10% of the profits for Nexon as a whole priority goes to Koreans. Whatever bugs come from KMS usually gets fixed later by another patch coming from KMS. But any other surviving bug may take ages and my proof is that there are several legacy bugs out there that have been possibly been here for years if not decades.

Our GM team is most likely outsourced due to the fact most of our problems are usually solved by:
    - Being pointed to a "default resolution" that doesn't truly help out the player.
    - Forwarded to the game team and being asked to "wait until a notice pops up on the front page" which may never happen.
    - The GM team is "informed" or "one is being sent to investigate" but noticing that nothing changes within the course of months or years most of the time.
    - Being pushed towards the Forum Suggestions. Bugs, or Technical Support which are mostly useless. The only people who may check/forward posts with transparency are Volunteer Forum Moderators, or a CM (Community Manager) which the current spot is officially empty for the time being. A new CM should be arriving soon but they will have to go though an interview/training process before going official.

Otherwise most of our concerns are shoved under the rug. As a person who has been through all these systems I can say that most of the time either my problem hasn't been resolved at all, hasn't been resolved within reasonable time, or that I'm dissatisfied with the resolution. The proof is within my times with Customer Support or the many times I posted on the Forums. Many other players will give you a similar response.

Regardless what is true or not about the speculation, the actions from Nexon as a whole is unacceptable. There needs to be change for not only transparency, but changes such as putting suggestions to light, fixing bugs within reasonable time frames, and treating players like actual human beings instead of just another person to make money off of with distasteful rotations or sales.
    skrubrekr
  • FlogischFlogisch
    Reactions: 430
    edited February 2017
    I shouldn't have any issues at all with my PC i guess.

https://gyazo.com/f9932fa6242522bbd1becb3742d0fde2
    https://gyazo.com/b60f5e48b8d88f16cf7b4eb4f26d5c0f
    https://gyazo.com/f9932fa6242522bbd1becb3742d0fde2

I have random freezes. Game Crashes at startup... all that. I want EMS back :(