[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Why still training at lvl 200+ ?

WickedSpiritWickedSpirit
Reactions: 530
edited February 2017 in General Chat
Hey guys!

Ok, there is something I don't understand. Why you guys at lvl so high level like 22X, 23X or even 24X are still training?
I mean, you train for many weeks or even months just to get... what... +5 of stats? Lets say you are a mage, you train for so long just to get +5 INT!
This is useless... all this for +5 INT which is NOTHING and do NOTHING. Under lvl 200 you train to get more powerful, to get your job advancement, to max your skill and all of those things but after 200... well.. you train for what? I see some lvl 23X or 24X grinding like crazy LOLL wtf! Ok after so many times you go from 232 to 233 and so what?? C,mon guys!

And those telling me that they continue to grind to go to 250... well.. thats the biggest fail. Ok, lets say you go to 250, AND WHAT??? Thats it, finish... can't level anymore, can't do nothing so all this for what? Nothing.

So what you think guys?

Comments

• NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited February 2017
    Chu Chu Island is only available at level 210+, and Lachelein (and therefore Lucid) is only available at level 220+. When we get it in 6+ months, Arcana will only be available for level 225+. And with those areas, there's the addition of Arcane Symbols, which is far more than a simple +5 stat. We're also looking at the addition of at least two more areas to Arcane River, as there are two empty Arcane Symbol slots after Arcana. According to the ending animation of Arcana, this may involve Trueffet (the castle of Kritias), as well as an unknown girl whose pupils resemble the symbol of light (common speculation is her being related to Aurora, or her being Aonia, Transcendent of Light in Grandis).
    Additionally, every few levels unlocks a new slot in the V-Matrix system.
    MorningAfterSeven
  • WickedSpiritWickedSpirit
    edited February 2017
    You got some points I didn't even think about it. Then I understand why to continue training at very high levels!
    However, I think nexon should then make it more easier for those like 230+ to level up. Even if you go to lachelein at 225, the amount of exp that the monsters there are giving versus the billions of exp you need to level up is HORRIBLE. Why not make some maps with good monsters spawn (like arcane maps or even lachelein maps) but with monsters giving millions of exp. They could have billions of hp thats not the problem, it will be just more fun to try to kill them. However, when you finally kill them you should get something that worth it.
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited February 2017
    You got some points I didn't even think about it. Then I understand why to continue training at very high levels!
    However, I think nexon should then make it more easier for those like 230+ to level up. Even if you go to lachelein at 225, the amount of exp that the monsters there are giving versus the billions of exp you need to level up is HORRIBLE. Why not make some maps with good monsters spawn (like arcane maps or even lachelein maps) but with monsters giving millions of exp. They could have billions of hp thats not the problem, it will be just more fun to try to kill them. However, when you finally kill them you should get something that worth it.

this is why we are getting new areas in the future for higher levels, area's like Arcana and at least 2 others are coming in the future and will be for higher lvls.
    edited February 2017
    Catooolooo wrote: »

this is why we are getting new areas in the future for higher levels, area's like Arcana and at least 2 others are coming in the future and will be for higher lvls.
    Euh.. I just saw some video on youtube about Arcana in KMS and each monsters were giving 465k exp and I think some were giving 510k! SERIOUSLY?? Monsters in lachelein are giving like 300k exp... You call that an area for high level when it gives just 200k more exp? With tons of billions exp that we need at like 230+, 500k exp is NOTHING! 500k... omg.. why not giving 2-3mil exp! They should remove the cap level of 250 and just make it easier to level like it was in levels pre-200. Getting 465-500k exp is garbage seriously...
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017

Because they don't want everybody reaching 250 in a month.
    Then they'd have to raise the level cap again because everybody's reached it and people are complaining of "nothing to do".
  • ZambookiiZambookii
    Reactions: 815
    edited February 2017
    Dude if u don't want to level, don't, Noone is forcing u. People train for alot of reasons and the exp at chuchu and lachln is amazing. Have u ever played before these zones were added? It was a lot harder to level.
    KerBansot
    edited February 2017
    The problem is that since its so long to level up in those 230+ levels if you only play from time to time, when you FINALLY level up after these weeks/months, there is nothing worth it. They should either make it easier to level (without any level cap or like 500) OR to make it worth it.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    If hyper stats, node slots, and arcane symbols all feel like "nothing worth it", then don't bother leveling up.
    It's an open-ended MMO, there has to be something to grind forever for, otherwise people will quit.
    KerBansotTorippi
    edited February 2017
    Hyper stats? When you level up you don' have enough points, its only after many levels that you have enough points
    Node slots? Same thing, you have more slots after few levels, not at each levels..
    Arcane symbol ? Drop rate is so ridiculous, even after 1 level you don't have enough symbols to level them..

So, lets say I'm at lvl 231... I train for many weeks/months and then I FINALLY go to 232... What more I have? Nothing.. :)
  • FennekinFennekin
    Reactions: 2,941
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    So, lets say I'm at lvl 231... I train for many weeks/months and then I FINALLY go to 232... What more I have? Nothing.. :)
    But you're 4 levels closer to the next node slot. 3 levels closer to dealing full damage on Lucid. However many hyper stat points closer to upgrading your next skill.

You don't have to get a major power boost with every level lol. If it helps with motivation, you can just consider every milestone to be a "level". 220 is a "level" cuz it unlocks Lachelein, 224 is your next "level" cuz it unlocks the next node slot, then 225 cuz Beyond (though it hasn't come out yet), 230 for node slot, etc. etc.
    Torippi
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    Again, if you don't consider it motivating enough, don't train. Imagine you're already 250. You don't need to level up anymore.
    Happy Mapling!
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited February 2017
    Leveling honestly doesn't take that long unless you're on 1x, which lets be realistic who constantly trains on 1x?
    edited February 2017
    bumbertyr wrote: »
    Leveling honestly doesn't take that long unless you're on 1x, which lets be realistic who constantly trains on 1x?
    I'm not gonna pay to get 2x coupon
    And even if you train at 4x exp, if you play 1h per day your not gonna level so fast lol!
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited February 2017
    bumbertyr wrote: »
    I'm not gonna pay to get 2x coupon
    And even if you train at 4x exp, if you play 1h per day your not gonna level so fast lol!

4x exp for 1 hour in the arcane river is a good 15-20% for me, and I cant even do lachelein efficiently yet. And you don't have to buy a 2x exp coupon, they've been giving out a plentiful amount of 2x useable and there are already existing buffs + a 2x exp coupon from the reward points shop.

IvangoldTorippi
    edited February 2017
    15-20% an hour?? How the hell you do lol! I know some friends who hacks and even at 4x exp they make around 12% an hour in arcane lolll
  • IvangoldIvangold
    Reactions: 2,985
    edited February 2017
    15-20% an hour?? How the hell you do lol! I know some friends who hacks and even at 4x exp they make around 12% an hour in arcane lolll
    Man at what level are you refering to? He didn't say level so it's very easy to speculate, but i get around 10%exp with 2exp at lv216/217(considering the shoco buff, merc link and 100%burn from map, so it's 3,65x exp), so it's very possible for him to get 15%~~20% with 4x exp.
    You problably didn't even get yourself to lv200 to see the 5job content in the game, nor the lv200+area, you also need a ton of damage to level up fast in certain levels(specially lv210+), and also arcane force make a BIG diference for anyone who don't have much damage, it really helped me train until i got some more eqps, and even still make a big diference.

I'm honestly really suprised to see someone complaining to level up, you seen the type of people who already complain to level up pass lv170+(when it's already easyer and will be even easyer to level up), there are a ton more stuff to do over lv200, and every 6months there will be more(in KMS there's new area, new skills).
    KerBansot
    edited February 2017
    I'm lvl 230
  • StéphyStéphy
    Reactions: 1,440
    edited March 2017
    I'm lvl 230

If i understand it right u where first asking why to bypass level 200 as it's pointless in your eyes. Makes me feel like when you posted this topic you where around level 200, wondering to level more or not.
    Then 2 days later you post that you are lvl230? You got some serieus skills mate.

The fact that you refer above about your hacker friends says alot aswell.
    1+1=2

edited March 2017
    Simply because I have 1 character lvl 200 AND one lvl 230.... :)
  • TorippiTorippi
    Reactions: 1,540
    edited March 2017
    Honestly, the suggestions you made about making it easier to level up so people can feel more motivated to level will just make the game a Private Server. That's what private servers do: Give insane EXP rewards and BAM, 250 in 2 days.

The new maps that were added themselves already give plenty of motivation and goal to grind. Plus, with the frequently x2 EXP, it's really not that bad even if you're at a high level. Personally, I only have one character that's 200+. When I get tired of grinding them because "my exp is growing so slowly", I just hop on another character and level them up. I can make a goal to make all my Link Skill characters level 210 for their Lv.3 skills. lol It's fun~