[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.248 - Strawberry Farm Festival Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Changes I want to see in MapleStory

InvulgoInvulgo
Reactions: 4,620
edited February 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Here is a collection of thoughts I have had when playing MapleStory. I really appreciate many features that have been added to the game, for instance an easier way to assign link skills. Also being able to organize characters before logging into them. I really like that we can save damage skins, hair and face. I adore that some EXP buffs stay even if we crash. There are so many things I really love but rarely bring up. I just wanted to bring that up first.

Here is a collection of thoughts on things I want changed for various of reasons.

Bw8paCU.jpg

I want to be able to move this UI element around at will and let it "remember" where I placed it.

Why: Right now we can move it around, but it always goes back to the same spot.

AD0hAL9.jpg

It would be cool if Lion King Medals would stack higher.

Why: More inventory space

vgWGVuj.jpg

It would be great if Magic Powders would stack higher.

Why: More inventory space

I want to be able to search for items on my entire account.

Why: To save time when I want to find something that i "lost". I organize many things and keep a document to cover it, still sometimes I forget where things are, and it often takes much time to find it.

It would be practical if 2x and drop coupons we get from events (and in general) would stack.

Why: More space, less clutter when training

It would be convenient if Random Beauty coupons stacked. That way they wouldn't clutter our/my inventory.

Why: More space, less clutter when training

I want to be able to hide the android at will without un-equipping it. <<< not super important

Why: Less clutter and easier to do JQ.

I would enjoy crafting more if there were no cooldowns between crafting. And once we reach level 12 it shouldn't drop down at all! It's very difficult to maintain over time.

Why: The current crafting system discourages me to use it. Other than fusing, I love fusing.

I want to be able to use Hyper Teleport Rock in the Von Leon Castle
I want to be able to utilize the Hyper Teleport Rock fully in Kritias

Why: Broader use of the HTR and more consistent.

It would be cool if the Rare Alien Fragment Helmet dropped a bit more.

Why: It would maybe motivate people to do Alien Visitor, and I know plenty of people that "deserve" the drop now based on how many times they have done it.

It would be awesome if we could use Platinum Scissors of karma on Sweetwater items.

Why: I think all/most end game armor and weapons should have the same restrictions.

It would be amazing if we could use Platinum Scissors of karma on Android Hearts.

Why: So old hearts can be used on mules or sold in AH/FM. So the item doesn't go to waste :)

mAdysE7.jpg

It would be neat if we only had one or two item IDs for Power Elixirs. Personally I don't see the point in untradeable Power Elixirs.

Why: Saving inventory space, consistency.

What changes do you desire when it comes to in game features and possible changes? Thoughts? Any points you disagree with and why? Feel free to call me out on anything.

JettLuvsUIvangoldIts2Sharp4ULohdySabbmonsterBooberpuppy

Comments

• NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited February 2017
    They're getting rid of the medals when we get hard-mode Von Leon. You also won't need purification totems to exchange them anymore.
  • InvulgoInvulgo
    Reactions: 4,620
    edited February 2017
    Neospector wrote: »
    They're getting rid of the medals when we get hard-mode Von Leon. You also won't need purification totems to exchange them anymore.

Maybe I should pay more attention to non GMS content and upcoming changes :3
  • IvangoldIvangold
    Reactions: 2,985
    edited February 2017
    Some reward in Tower of Oz if you did a certain amount of times the floor, like doing even 200 could get something, to save time, not realy so much on RNG, like if you went 29f(crystals one) about 100 times it will be always 6 or less crystals, the RNG there is really annoying sometimes, or like 19f Fleta always avoid the longest way to the end of the floor.
    I also thing they could change 2F so you don't get cards numbered as 1 and fix the 43f so people who go further can actually get purple card.

And i also would like a better partyplay while trainning and bossing, for trainning i wanted they removed the exp penalty so it would be really good to go with partys compared to now; and for trainning and bossing they could increase the drop rate(like 5%per party member) so we don't potentiall ylose nodestones while trainning and get more drops in party as well.

Also PLEASE REMOVE the anti-hack system for Damien and Lotus too, it's so annyoing to go with partyes and it procs multiple times in a row, the server is laggy and it's even easyer now, it doesn't stop em at all. It seens to proc frequentely with more people in the party too, so with that it really discourage to get 6 people to go a boss, it's impressive how annyoing can be to get 6 ppl in a boss.
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited February 2017
    I'm amazed how some of these I've glanced over and wished for those changes instead of putting a suggestion about it.

There are many other issues, but step by step on each one moves us a bit closer to a better Maple.

Supported .
  • Bahamut_XBahamut_X
    Reactions: 1,080
    edited February 2017
    Would be nice to see the reduction of the multiple untradable power elixir IDs integrated into the same ID. Much less of a headache for players, though likely developers wouldn't be able to come up the solution without patching that bit of bloat.

Accessory crafting expanded upon. If smithing has cubes, and alchemy with bags, what does that leave the remaining crafting profession? Then we have a situation where the original solution was tossed because "It doesn't fit with our vision." Either bring in crafted flames or try working a free version of the nebulite enhancements like slot upgrades and the ability to modify existing ones. Meister accessory equips are nice, but they seem to be a one trick pony compared to the other crafting professions.
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited February 2017
    I'm amazed how some of these I've glanced over and wished for those changes instead of putting a suggestion about it.

There are many other issues, but step by step on each one moves us a bit closer to a better Maple.

Supported .

I wish the boss queue system would be touched up. Whenever I complete a boss queue, I sometimes get a random stranger into the party. The worst part of this is the party-less person takes my position as the leader. I can think of a million ways that person can screw up the run.

When entering a boss queue in a party, the parties shouldn't be changed unless you queue without party members.

Bahamut_X wrote: »
    Would be nice to see the reduction of the multiple untradable power elixir IDs integrated into the same ID. Much less of a headache for players, though likely developers wouldn't be able to come up the solution without patching that bit of bloat.

Accessory crafting expanded upon. If smithing has cubes, and alchemy with bags, what does that leave the remaining crafting profession? Then we have a situation where the original solution was tossed because "It doesn't fit with our vision." Either bring in crafted flames or try working a free version of the nebulite enhancements like slot upgrades and the ability to modify existing ones. Meister accessory equips are nice, but they seem to be a one trick pony compared to the other crafting professions.

I like the first idea because it more potent, compact and has been used in KMS compared to the second suggestion that we could use in our version. I am not going to elaborate more because I am still afraid of _______ and __________ to tell me to dream on and stop derailing threads.

Its2Sharp4U
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    Whatever happened to the "one suggestion per thread" rule?

Anyway, I agree with all the suggestions in the opening post, and will add some others (probably going to add to this post as I remember more of those annoying little things):

Suggestions:

- Change server time back to PST. If possible, leave Luna on UTC (or change to CET). Reasoning here: http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/9684/change-server-time-back-to-pst

- Remove the "Maple Points" field in the in-game inventory. KMS has it there because their Meso Market allows players to exchange Maple Points and Meso at any time, so they need to be able to keep track of how much of each they have. But for us, Maple Points rarely change, and there's no real need to see them outside of the Cash Shop.
    In its place, you can put the Reward Points that are awaiting "settlement", thus getting rid of that annoying window on the bottom right of the screen.

- Everything needs to stack still higher. Coins, event boxes, monster collection exploration boxes, coupons, dimension glove pieces, everything.

- "%d Honor EXP obtained." messages should be moved to Combat tab.

- Be consistent with party-making feedback. Why does "you have invited X to your party" appear as a dialog box in the middle of the screen, but "X is already in party" is just a chat line?

- Speaking of consistency, make new dialog boxes respond to NPC Chat key.

- Add untradeable items to pet Ignore Item skill.

Give some thought to events to make them fun, not painful. This means:
    - stack the drops
    - don't take up too many inventory slots (with different drops)
    - don't spam chat
    - don't cause lag (from loot or from new UI elements or from announcements)
    - don't break existing game mechanisms (e.g., don't replace elite mobs with event mobs or turn combo exp orbs into stun traps)
    - allow opting out of an event, which means not seeing any of its drops or announcements
    - have a "diligence backstop" for RNG events
    - keep event NPCs out of Event Hall until it's fixed
    - one "filler" item per event box is enough. We shouldn't have to keep 10 Use slots clear just to open a pile of event boxes. And I think we all agree we'd rather get a "this box was empty" message rather than yet another useless equip or expiring chair that we need to drop later (with a confirmation message, at that).

- Allow claiming attendance rewards out of order.
    Why? They all expire, so I'd like to be able to claim just the one I want to use right now (provided I already got the stamp for it, of course) but leave the rest for later. Also, if I want to claim some of the rewards on one character and some on another, I'd rather not have to switch characters more than I absolutely have to.

- Add commas to damage numbers.
    I saw that we're getting them in chat, which is nice. But damage numbers that fly around and quickly fade, and are often barely legible (because decorative skin) or overlap each other, would benefit even more from commas. I often have a hard time telling whether a number is 7, 8, or 9 digits long.

- Speaking of damage numbers, bring back "remote effect" or another option to hide others' damage numbers.

Bugs:
    (there are a lot of them, but here I will list the small ones that are easy to fix)

- Give Sweetwater Axe its correct speed (Fast(5)) rather than Normal(6) which is the 2H axe speed.

- Add NLC back to dimensional mirror.

-- To be continued --
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited February 2017
    NoSkillKid wrote: »

Definitely increase PQ exp again...and Remove the stupid Magnus limits :T
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    Petalmagic wrote: »
    NoSkillKid wrote: »

Definitely increase PQ exp again...and Remove the stupid Magnus limits :T

Haven't the Magnus limits been removed?
  • forumsareannoyingforumsareannoying
    Reactions: 2,815
    edited February 2017
    I'm pretty sure anyone who plays this game will agree with ALL those change. But cmon guys let's be serious, I doubt even half will be implemented or even considered.... this year.

All these suggestions should be compiled into a megethread and sorted by which is more important or has a bigger impact. Perhaps make a poll like Michael did with the V patch when he had a huge poll with all the classes. That way, we the people, could vote on which changes Nexon should work on first.
    JettLuvsU
  • KerBansotKerBansot
    Reactions: 1,635
    edited February 2017
    Magic powders part - make it include crystals too (dex, power, dark, wisdom, luck).

I mean I agree with everything but sometimes you just need to be extra specific for those unfamiliar with the game. . . . . .
  • forumsareannoyingforumsareannoying
    Reactions: 2,815
    edited February 2017
    KerBansot wrote: »
    Magic powders part - make it include crystals too (dex, power, dark, wisdom, luck).

I mean I agree with everything but sometimes you just need to be extra specific for those unfamiliar with the game. . . . . .

It seems like inventory space is the biggest issue. Nexon should just increase the amount you can carry of basically everything with a few exceptions of course. Or even sell specific inventory bags. For example, a 20 slot equip bag. You can put any EQUIP items in said bag. Same applies to USE, ETC, and SET-UP inventories. It would be much better than just having a mineral/herb/scroll/soul bag. I wouldnt mind buying those for like 1k nx or something. It seems worth it in the long run since you can always buy a bag if you're running out of space and also it would help Nexon with additional income that they can use to further better the status of Maplestory.
  • KerBansotKerBansot
    Reactions: 1,635
    edited March 2017
    KerBansot wrote: »

It seems like inventory space is the biggest issue. Nexon should just increase the amount you can carry of basically everything with a few exceptions of course. Or even sell specific inventory bags. For example, a 20 slot equip bag. You can put any EQUIP items in said bag. Same applies to USE, ETC, and SET-UP inventories. It would be much better than just having a mineral/herb/scroll/soul bag. I wouldnt mind buying those for like 1k nx or something. It seems worth it in the long run since you can always buy a bag if you're running out of space and also it would help Nexon with additional income that they can use to further better the status of Maplestory.

I'm fine either way but I'm leaning towards the stacking part since it makes no sense that ALL herbs stack to the thousands and the rest of the mineral except the ones I mentioned do so as well. Yet there they are, joining forces w/ magic powders, attempting to take over all our inventory space. I honestly bought 12-slot mineral bags and put it on a mule just to house all the dex crystals.

• PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited March 2017
    @AKradian Nope...I did HMag back on like...Tuesday...still has the stupid 30 minute limit.
  • StéphyStéphy
    Reactions: 1,440
    edited March 2017
    -nx related > add the ability to buy permanent hyper tele rock and permanent pendant slot. (Been ages ago i have seen this -note i'm an ex ems player not sure how long it's been for gms)

-be able to activate more link skills then we have right now.

-extend the duration in AH to 36hours

-login > be able to when you press by mistake global or europe, you can easily go back to the mainpage without having to reboot the game

-would be nice to see the traits 'items' as coffee etc to give more then just '5'.
    Also would be nice to gain insight/empathy easier like we can get charm/ambition

-add more or delete the 200 fatigue when crafting or hunting flowers/ores... You reach this too fast. Or keep the 200 and just make it goes recover faster then it does right now

-make the husband/wife chat please another colour then that ugly pinkishpurple which u can almost never read in 90% maps.

So much more to add, but those just crossed my mind.