[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Sengoku Event Ending Before Scheduled Date

JinTheHeroJinTheHero
Reactions: 430
edited February 2017 in General Chat
Did anyone else get screwed over by the incorrect date listed on the event list? The event list says there's still over 20 hours left for the event because 3-1 was supposed to be the last day. Anyways, I ended up losing over 9 boxes because i usually get "luckier" by using boxes in bulk rather than using them once a day. I also saved a school day pass for the following day because I wanted to use both with a 2x drop coupon, but the quest wasn't available due to the event ending early. x_x
BunizAngryYoshi

Comments

• AngryYoshiAngryYoshi
    Reactions: 1,010
    edited February 2017
    What's up with the red leaf event? The event list states it should be there for one more day but it's already gone from the event map.
    fusuab.png
  • JettLuvsUJettLuvsU
    Reactions: 2,526
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    TBF the site says it ends on the 28th.
  • AngryYoshiAngryYoshi
    edited February 2017
    Using the event list was the easiest way for me to check the end date. How was I supposed to know that the event list information is false?
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited February 2017
    you generally should use as many sources as you can when dealing with event start and end times, unfortunately for whatever reason the information is often not correct on one of the sources.
  • NigthLordSapienciaNigthLordSapiencia
    Reactions: 200
    edited February 2017
    The Event Map. This bug very laggy since migration I haven't been able to do anything.
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited February 2017
    The Event Map. This bug very laggy since migration I haven't been able to do anything.

They plan on trying to reduce this lag in the upcoming patch tomorrow.
    http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/20968/scheduled-game-update-march-1-2017
    NigthLordSapiencia
  • NigthLordSapienciaNigthLordSapiencia
    Reactions: 200
    edited February 2017
    Neospector wrote: »

Thank you. Sorry I asked for the events. But I appreciate the attention.
  • StriderMaliciousStriderMalicious
    Reactions: 320
    edited February 2017
    I missed getting my badge because the event list mislead me, thought i had another day. I usually look at the event list just because it shows the time remaining and is easier than considering the differing time zones constantly. Oh well aha.
    JettLuvsUAngryYoshi
  • PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
    Reactions: 5,265
    edited February 2017

Unless they fix Maple Admin, Gaga, and Cassandra, then this probably won't do much.
  • BunizBuniz
    Reactions: 480
    edited February 2017
    TOTAL BS .. clearly the event list was wrong , why do we have the event list ? If its just BS ? I too lost out, I freaking HATE nexon and the crap they pull. ... and stop with the crap that I need to go run down every single thing I can about times and events thats udder bs... just stop , they listed it WRONG on the event list, it clearly said you have 1 day and hours last night... i have the damn ss .. I'm sure we wont get it brought back like those who complained about the V coin shop who got it brought back.. I spent 20k on this game today, I feel like a complete idiot having done so , time and time again its some kind of crap like this over and over to deal with...

oh goody we can wait a year for them to bring this school back. Who needs the constant crap with this game! It's an oddity for them to get things actually right with this game. The time issues are because of them, its not our fault they can't sync the times up and get it right, they've got it so screwed up now with the times NO ONE can get it right, least of all they themselves, so how the hell are we supposed to get it right ? .....
  • SooFineSooFine
    Reactions: 400
    edited February 2017
    i missed the badge as well because of the wrong mentioned date in game please NEXON one more day with cash access tickets ! plz
  • xMuramasaxMuramasa
    Reactions: 650
    edited February 2017
    AngryYoshi wrote: »
    Using the event list was the easiest way for me to check the end date. How was I supposed to know that the event list information is false?

Nexon :3
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    edited March 2017
    Buniz wrote: »
    I'm sure we wont get it brought back like those who complained about the V coin shop who got it brought back..

dude, the sengoku high premium dungeon returns all the time, the items from previous times are always in it. unfortunately you just have to wait for it to come back.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    Catooolooo wrote: »
    I'm sure we wont get it brought back like those who complained about the V coin shop who got it brought back..

dude, the sengoku high premium dungeon returns all the time, the items from previous times are always in it. unfortunately you just have to wait for it to come back.

There's a big difference between having it come back a couple of weeks later and having to wait a year.

Nexon keeps messing up their in-game event calendar and the in-game events themselves. For example, the Valentine's events started and ended at 8AM server time - which just happens to be midnight PST. Since when do we have events start or end in the middle of the game-day, unless it's patch day? They really need to go back to running the servers by PST and also make sure the notes on the website, the in-game event calendar, and the in-game event data, all agree.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited March 2017
    AKradian wrote: »
    Catooolooo wrote: »

There's a big difference between having it come back a couple of weeks later and having to wait a year.

Nexon keeps messing up their in-game event calendar and the in-game events themselves. For example, the Valentine's events started and ended at 8AM server time - which just happens to be midnight PST. Since when do we have events start or end in the middle of the game-day, unless it's patch day? They really need to go back to running the servers by PST and also make sure the notes on the website, the in-game event calendar, and the in-game event data, all agree.

Agreed...it gets really confusing at times.
  • AngryYoshiAngryYoshi
    edited March 2017
    Thank you all for the comments and feedback on your own personal experience with this issue. I agree. I should have checked the other sources because I know Nexon does this a lot. Sometimes I feel so fed up with Nexon. But the game is awesome so yeah... Either way I don't think we should have a timer on the event list if it's not correct. It's better to give no information that false information.
  • LinksMissingLinksMissing
    Reactions: 735
    edited March 2017
    I noticed the difference between what the site said and what the in game event window said a few days ago. I chatted with a GM through support and they had no idea when it was going to end. The website said it would end at MIDNIGHT 2/28, so it would NOT be available on the 28th as MIDNIGHT is the start of the day. The event window showed the event running until 3/1 11:59pm UTC. The GM told me they were not sure, but it would probably end 2/28 11:59pm UTC which is 23 hours and 59 min AFTER midnight 2/28. When I pointed out the event window in game showed the event running longer, the GM told me I could go by what the event window says. They literally have no idea how their own game is going to work. This UTC stuff is a giant mess. Personally I like the server being on UTC but ******EVERYTHING****** should be set on it or they should just stick to PST like they have been for years already.
  • LinksMissingLinksMissing
    Reactions: 735
    edited March 2017
    PirateIzzy wrote: »

Unless they fix Maple Admin, Gaga, and Cassandra, then this probably won't do much.

Hopefully they are removing all the unused scripts from these NPCs, that might actually fix the issue.
  • AngryYoshiAngryYoshi
    edited March 2017
    I noticed the difference between what the site said and what the in game event window said a few days ago. I chatted with a GM through support and they had no idea when it was going to end. The website said it would end at MIDNIGHT 2/28, so it would NOT be available on the 28th as MIDNIGHT is the start of the day. The event window showed the event running until 3/1 11:59pm UTC. The GM told me they were not sure, but it would probably end 2/28 11:59pm UTC which is 23 hours and 59 min AFTER midnight 2/28. When I pointed out the event window in game showed the event running longer, the GM told me I could go by what the event window says. They literally have no idea how their own game is going to work. This UTC stuff is a giant mess. Personally I like the server being on UTC but ******EVERYTHING****** should be set on it or they should just stick to PST like they have been for years already.

I don't know if I should laugh or cry about this... Thanks for the information though :)
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    edited March 2017
    AKradian wrote: »

I know but even before when the servers were PST this issue still persisted with either the event ending at 12 am on the day listed as the last day or 12 AM the day after the day listed and so I just stick with a general rule of "it ends on whatever source has the earliest day" and try to get everything done before that date, now I just have the added challenge of figuring out the timezone that they have programed and so now I try to get things done 2 days before the listed end date.