[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Now that we know Nexon doesn't use Nexon Launcher

AKradianAKradian
Reactions: 40,310
Member, Private Tester
edited March 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
(as proven by the fact that their testers okayed the patch while the launcher did not - and still doesn't - work at all for anyone)
I think the idea of removing direct launch needs to be shelved indefinitely.
FennekinBooberpuppysparebladeIvangoldDorPhantomMasterThiefTorippiCatoooloooFringeGMSWhorificand 1 other.

Comments

• FennekinFennekin
    Reactions: 2,941
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    Apparently the Steam Launcher is also broken lmao. So they're removing the only option that's currently working...
  • BooberpuppyBooberpuppy
    Reactions: 3,415
    edited March 2017
    Confirmed, certainly NOT working, and that is after testing on 3 different computers in my house with multiple attempts on each.

NO PROBLEMS with using direct launch on all 3 computers. All my guildies/alliance were discussing this earlier and said the same thing. Dozens of reports, that they all had to use direct launch to get in, because Nexon Launcher was barring them off completely, closing the game at startup, with every single attempt.

The choice is obvious. They're walking in to a real disastrous mess by doing what they are doing.
  • JulyJuly
    Reactions: 2,720
    edited March 2017
    not working... Game close and take me to desktop without error message after choosing region.

Nexon doing a very bad job. for real if you guys can't do it right than stop with events patches and work on game security and servers only which is more important and need more of your attention.
  • NoComparisonNoComparison
    Reactions: 1,275
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    Not working. :/
  • BDanBDan
    Reactions: 885
    edited March 2017
    Works for me...... 1 out of 5 times..... derp.
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    Not for the fact that it just doesn't work , also the fact that it will make the game run like trash where the game launcher works fine at present.
  • PhantomMasterThiefPhantomMasterThief
    Reactions: 3,195
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    So how we would log in and play at the 23rd of march ~ Thinking ~

i mean if the nexon launcher was at least more polished then it would be fine, but everyone at least gets 1 problem or error with it......
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    http://maplestory.nexon.net/news//21093/

Obviously, they're proceeding on schedule. They're going to be removing the only reliable launch method, in two weeks. Probably without implementing any of the improvements Neospector forwarded from the last thread on this http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/10556/upcoming-forced-usage-of-nexon-launcher-annoyance, either.
    PhantomMasterThief
  • BooberpuppyBooberpuppy
    Reactions: 3,415
    edited March 2017
    SMH...Some companies just insist on learning things the hard way.

• AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017

What makes you think they are going to learn?
    They will make us use their flawed launcher, and if people can't play, and complain, who cares?
    I mean, launching in general has been bugged for months, and Nexon's done nothing about it. Players have figured out workarounds that work for some, but not all. Things have gotten worse with this last patch (C++ Runtime Errors), and Nexon is still silent about it while the community tries to figure out how to help those affected.
    So, yeah, I don't think they'll learn.
    And if anyone will have to do things the hard way, it will be those of us who insist on continuing to play GMS.
    BrianSensei
  • BrianSenseiBrianSensei
    Reactions: 610
    edited March 2017
    AKradian wrote: »

What makes you think they are going to learn?
    They will make us use their flawed launcher, and if people can't play, and complain, who cares?
    I mean, launching in general has been bugged for months, and Nexon's done nothing about it. Players have figured out workarounds that work for some, but not all. Things have gotten worse with this last patch (C++ Runtime Errors), and Nexon is still silent about it while the community tries to figure out how to help those affected.
    So, yeah, I don't think they'll learn.
    And if anyone will have to do things the hard way, it will be those of us who insist on continuing to play GMS.

I totally support your oppinion AKradian, it has been always our problem (us users) to solve the whole mess Nexon throws at us, and since we (in the end) do, the made thir job to just find more and more ways of screwing with us, and we're so masochistic that we're still here... So Yeah, if they haven't learnt by now, they will most likely never do, until people stop investing money on their madness. There are some politics of Nexon that just plain suck, sadly as far as i know is Nexon america's fault, apparently (and dont quote me on this) Nexon Korea as saying KMS is way more stable and accesible to players. The fun part is, that we always complay about the same stuff, we always say we're gonna leave and look at us, we always come back, we're like beaten up wives. Sadly that situation can only end in tragedy.

Edit: oh btw i just remembered.

Nexon'd again, naturally. ♪♫
  • FringeGMSFringeGMS
    Reactions: 460
    edited March 2017
    I can't login using the Nexon Launcher, but I can with the direct launcher. I'm not sure how I will login after they remove Direct launch.