[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts
Closed

BFF event exp is unfair

ShippouShippou
Reactions: 1,570
Member, Private Tester
edited March 2017 in General Chat
The exp from the monster park section of this event should be considerably nerfed. It is unfair.
People are abusing this event to gain levels far too quickly.
The damage has already been done, though. Short of a rollback, there's no way to fix it.
It's Mr. Lee's Airlines all over again.

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited March 2017
    It's Choco Onslaught all over again too.

"WOW THIS EVENT IS TOO BENEFICIAL TO PLAYERS!!!!1 NERF PLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!111"

hoTbjJ1.png

Can't you people just not piss and moan about stuff for one week?
  • TribalStarTribalStar
    Reactions: 1,015
    edited March 2017
    I can't see this as bad, it means more people will be able to reach 200 quickly :D
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited March 2017
    TribalStar wrote: »
    I can't see this as bad, it means more people will be able to reach 200 quickly :D

NO. IT'S BAD. It's helpful, buT IT'S TOO HELPFUL AND WE CAN'T HAVE THAT
  • ShippouShippou
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    You shouldn't be able to get from 226->230 in less than 24 hours. That's excessive.
  • forumsareannoyingforumsareannoying
    Reactions: 2,815
    edited March 2017
    I will never understand why people complain about things being too good.
    JettLuvsUBladeSusanooBooberpuppylapcanRereXemnKonarixXSkyXxDoughclon987and 1 other.
  • EMS4EVERktnxbyeEMS4EVERktnxbye
    Reactions: 710
    edited March 2017
    selfish and crazy people omg

but you dont complain about botters ? and how they ruin the market ? ohh wait thats oke with you .....
    Dough
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited March 2017
    I will never understand why people complain about things being too good.
    It's because a majority are hypocrites. If they don't part-take in the event or they somehow lose out on not being able to it's somehow "abuse" (and I seriously think people are using the term wrong).

If the Choco thread didn't teach people anything about wishes about nerfs, oh boy.

And again. This is one of the several reasons why we don't have nice things. This is just the tip of the ice berg.
    JettLuvsUBooberpuppyDough
  • StéphyStéphy
    Reactions: 1,440
    edited March 2017
    Haven't been able to log since the patch yesterday as i was busy.
    I'm sure that whenever i will log it will already be nerfed thanks to people who complain about it. While u can just go enjoy it yourself rather then wasting time to complain about it? Lolz

Owell what i still don't get is that If it benefits the players, why is that even bad? Just enjoy that nexon is giving u a chance (intended or not) to get this massive benefits/exp etc.
  • ShippouShippou
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017

but you dont complain about botters ? and how they ruin the market ? ohh wait thats oke with you .....

I made a thread specifically against botting and how it's damaging the game.
    Don't make assumptions.

@Its2Sharp4U:
    How am I being a hypocrite?

@forumsareannoying:
    Ok, then why not have nexon just release an event that automatically levels your character from 1 to 200?
    Oh what's that? That's insane? But it's a "good" thing, why are you complaining?

The long and short of it is that the exp from the event is excessive and allowing players to level far far too quickly than was ever intended. There's something wrong if you're able to get from 226->230 in under 24 hours.

I've lost all faith in this community.
    You're all spoiled and care nothing about balance in the game.
    I truly cannot believe there are so many people like this playing this game.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited March 2017
    Why can't you just let people enjoy a good thing for the whopping 19 days it's going to be around?
    Dough
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited March 2017
    LittleTLK wrote: »
    Ok, then why not have nexon just release an event that automatically levels your character from 1 to 200?

too be fair that is the ultra burning project in a nutshell, allowing characters to level up quicker.

Also If i'm not mistaken the general consensus is that the rankings don't exactly matter anymore, which leads to the idea of what exactly is the problem with people leveling quicker? I see this as an opportunity for people who don't normally get to play that often to get some levels while they can in order to access new content. Lets not forget they released new high level areas over in kms that a lot of us need to level up for, so think of this event as a blessing :)
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited March 2017
    ...Seriously? Like...whats wrong with a good event...
    Dough
  • AglowAglow
    Reactions: 500
    edited March 2017
    The exp is quite excessive when someone lvl 226 is now 230 after less than 8 hours.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited March 2017

I've lost pretty much all my faith in this community too. Because every single little thing causes someone to piss and moan and whine and complain on the forums. None of you are happy with anything anyone does. Nothing anyone does will ever be good enough.
  • forumsareannoyingforumsareannoying
    Reactions: 2,815
    edited March 2017

Don't make assumptions.

@Its2Sharp4U:

@forumsareannoying:
    Oh what's that? That's insane? But it's a "good" thing, why are you complaining?

The long and short of it is that the exp from the event is excessive and allowing players to level far far too quickly than was ever intended. There's something wrong if you're able to get from 226->230 in under 24 hours.
    Who leveled from 226-230 is 24 hours and where's your proof?

Who leveled from 226-230 is 24 hours and where's your proof? Actually don't answer that, it's against the ToS to name ppl. But if you say the rankings, I just want to point out that the rankings do not update in realtime(meaning if i gain 20bil exp today it might take more than a day to update). No one knows how accurate the ranking system. And 226-230 in 24 hrs is do-able under the right conditions. So idk why you're making such a big deal out of it.

This is why you're a hypocrite ~~> http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/comment/25135/#Comment_25135

Also, don't presume to know what my response would be if Nexon released an event that "automatically" levels my character from 1-200. Granted, I already have 40 characters lv 200 or higher. However, I would gladly accept a free lv 200 character without complaining. We have had more than enough issues with Maple to start complaining about Good things. All you're doing is ruining this great opportunity to make up for lost time caused by lag, disconnections, maintenances, updates, and the lack of 2x events.

How could you have lost faith in this community when it seems like you just joined in December? You can't lose something you don't have and you don't know what this community has had to offer in terms of "balance" to Maplestory. If you did, you would have more than 20 posts.

Anyways, I'm getting too sucked into this thread. You seem to be trolling.
    BladeSusanooPetalmagiclapcanXemnKonariVekiloLilyflower
  • ArgentArgent
    Reactions: 3,090
    edited March 2017
    Event is great, no changes please.
    PetalmagiclapcanXemnDoughLilyflower
  • moomoovicmoomoovic
    Reactions: 485
    edited March 2017
    For real nexon NOW people with lv220+ leveling every HALF AN HOUR easy with this event can we please nerf it ASAP or put an entry limit on it? /sarcasm
    Petalmagiclapcan
  • RonRonRonRon
    Reactions: 400
    edited March 2017
    So basically, you're just mad because some people are lvling faster than you used to before the event? Gotcha
  • ShippouShippou
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017

Don't make assumptions.

@Its2Sharp4U:

@forumsareannoying:

Who leveled from 226-230 is 24 hours and where's your proof?

Who leveled from 226-230 is 24 hours and where's your proof? Actually don't answer that, it's against the ToS to name ppl. But if you say the rankings, I just want to point out that the rankings do not update in realtime(meaning if i gain 20bil exp today it might take more than a day to update). No one knows how accurate the ranking system. And 226-230 in 24 hrs is do-able under the right conditions. So idk why you're making such a big deal out of it.

This is why you're a hypocrite ~~> http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/comment/25135/#Comment_25135

Also, don't presume to know what my response would be if Nexon released an event that "automatically" levels my character from 1-200. Granted, I already have 40 characters lv 200 or higher. However, I would gladly accept a free lv 200 character without complaining. We have had more than enough issues with Maple to start complaining about Good things. All you're doing is ruining this great opportunity to make up for lost time caused by lag, disconnections, maintenances, updates, and the lack of 2x events.

How could you have lost faith in this community when it seems like you just joined in December? You can't lose something you don't have and you don't know what this community has had to offer in terms of "balance" to Maplestory. If you did, you would have more than 20 posts.

Anyways, I'm getting too sucked into this thread. You seem to be trolling.

It's a matter of degrees. It is not broken to allow people to work to obtain event coins to buy untradeable expiring slates in quantities greater than 5.
    It is broken to allow people to level every 30 minutes-hour in the 220s and 230s when other sources of exp won't get you anywhere near that amount.
    It's not hypocritical of me because you're comparing apples to oranges.

And I'm not trolling. What is it with you people and accusing anyone with a different opinion of trolling?

I think this event is unbalanced and should be appropriately rebalanced.
    You guys have dog piled on me for daring to question balance issues so long as it's tilted in favor of players, because how dare a player think some things in the game shouldn't be so easy or so fast...

Oh, and I've been around since 2009. I signed up for the forums much later. I don't recall when, but don't bring seniority into this. I've been around long enough to gauge the overall maplestory community.

• FennekinFennekin
    Reactions: 2,941
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    Did they nerf it already or am I doing something wrong or something? I'm only getting like 3% per run, with each run taking like 10 min, which seems pretty fair. Unless EXP buffs work?
This discussion has been closed.