[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

What are your thoughts on exploiters?

NoComparisonNoComparison
Reactions: 1,275
Member, Private Tester
edited March 2017 in General Chat
I personally don't care. I wouldn't do it myself, it kind of defeats the purpose of the game for me. Other than getting it patched up and fixed I don't see the point in taking the risk. With that being said I made a video on this because the Unsc. maintenance got me triggered af.

Comments

• Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited March 2017
    In my opinion, it depends on the degree of exploitation.

If it's built in such as the recent BFF Event or Shining Santa Boxes it's hard to justify a ban due to it being normally accessible. It's as if you're playing as normal but with a broken rate.

An example such as Hunter's Club Exploit where exiting the NPC chat early wouldn't lower your daily count I would say blocking exploiters from part-taking the rest of the event would justify as a punishment. It would be unfair in that sense due to not playing normally by manipulating functions that shouldn't cause the outcome, but it does.

Hacking exploits such as the recent skill exploit, infinite Arcane Symbols, Chu Chu Infinite Mesos exploit, or originally Frenzy Totems/Black Swordsman/Beater items in Reboot. Not only should they be blocked but accounts connected to the exploit should be permanently banned no questions asked.

---

In my opinion, there are three main problems:
    1. Content is not properly tested before release. Refer to Choco Power!, BFF event, Shining Santa Boxes. They need to work on balancing content while it's in the works, not when the events/content becomes live. Because of these errors happening time and time again this causes inconvenience and frustration for both the community and company. If that were to come into play something like the Unscheduled Maintenance and the nerf would have never happened because those "broken ratios" would have never existed in the first place

2. Exploiters are simply not being punished. Pointing back to hacking exploits in particular many of these hackers are getting away by ruining the player structure by "inflating" the standards what a regular player should be and market prices.

3. The real problems with the game are still not being solved or "under the works" in an unreasonable amount of time with little or no explanation. Certain examples such as the Event Hall and Dragon Rider Party Quest have remained bugged within the game for quite some time now. Same applies to suggestions such as Bonus Potential, Nebulites, Reboot progression, Bosses, etc. Technical Support such as Nexon Launcher, starting up the game can also fall into this category. As for what's being done can be any guess. It becomes annoying when many nerfs are being handed out but there are barely any fixes or improvements to overall game for the player.

Of course it's going to be negative. Taking an absolutely broken rate to absolute zero with nothing in return will always result in backlash. The current state of the game shows just how well it's doing, which I will quote from my previous V patch feedback:

It's a disaster.
    JettLuvsUPetalmagicAKradianNyaraNoComparisonArgentLilyflowerBooberpuppyBahamut_X
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited March 2017
    I can agree with a lot of what Sharp said, although hacks should be more dealt with...IP blocks for multiple offenses, or perhaps actually doing something about it. (still waiting for Nexon to want me D: )
    NoComparison
  • NoComparisonNoComparison
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    Gotta love the Report button. It's baned sooooo many botters. lmfao But really though I've reported the same player numerous times in a week and still see them and or others hacking in the same map for hours.

I think they can do something about since they can track down and ban people with the items. So that brings the question to the table, how will the punish and discourage hackers in the future?
    ShippouJettLuvsU
  • forumsareannoyingforumsareannoying
    Reactions: 2,815
    edited March 2017
    @NoComparison Don't care anymore. Doesn't change anything. Hackers and legits will now do it. Nexon will put a small bandaid on said exploit and punish a small portion of the abusers. Next time said event comes around, the exploiters will anticipate that it wasnt properly patched last time and sure enough the cycle repeats. So there's no point in even talking about it.

"I think they can do something about since they can track down and ban people with the items. So that brings the question to the table, how will the punish and discourage hackers in the future?"

They have been able to do that since.... day 1? If they planned to do something about it, they could have and would have a long time ago. I wrote this a few months ago and I think it sorta applies to what you're saying. http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/comment/22885#Comment_22885
    Lilyflower
  • LovelycatLovelycat
    Reactions: 200
    edited March 2017
    You guys never know it, My FM seller was banned for exploit and nexon said it was definite though this is the first ban. And of course, my FM seller didn't even exit Free Market for nearly a week, LMAO what's the exploit I was banned for?
  • LovelycatLovelycat
    edited March 2017
    They do track down, lmao, My mains were chain banned for exploit though I don't even know what exploit I used, maybe I shouldn't be AFK in FM for weeks LMAO
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    Lovelycat wrote: »
    They do track down, lmao, My mains were chain banned for exploit though I don't even know what exploit I used, maybe I shouldn't be AFK in FM for weeks LMAO

I'm always curious to hear the other sides perspective. Thanks for coming to the conversation.
    When you got chain banned were you exploiting on those other characters or did you have all the loot on one dude?
    I'm asking because if they actually tracked your characters down based on IP and properly caught you then I owe Nexon more respect .XP

• LovelycatLovelycat
    edited March 2017
    LMAO, the point is that I have Nothing exploited.
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    Lovelycat wrote: »
    You guys never know it, My FM seller was banned for exploit and nexon said it was definite though this is the first ban. And of course, my FM seller didn't even exit Free Market for nearly a week, LMAO what's the exploit I was banned for?

I totally missed this post. My bad. Man, that's weak af! Meanwhile actual exploiters/botters/macro abusers are roaming all over this game -_-"
  • LovelycatLovelycat
    edited March 2017
    I totally missed this post. My bad. Man, that's weak af! Meanwhile actual exploiters/botters/macro abusers are roaming all over this game -_-"
    Account with damage hack and 99m range were going arround for nearly a month, and nexon did Nothing to it. Please gimme a "massive perm chain ban".