[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Congratulations

xMuramasaxMuramasa
Reactions: 650
edited March 2017 in Rants and Raves
Philo book event + Double Miracle Time - what a way to say *We only care about your money*
Agent_Dragonfury

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    They're just giving you a chance to earn Diamond rank quickly.
    MegaScienceInvulgoCatooolooo
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited March 2017
    ee9.png

Is everything that occurs and involves the cash shop viewed as a conspiracy or something?

Not only that, but Violet Cubes are making an appearance alongside DMT. Doesn't everyone spend half the year begging for and speculating on when DMT is coming up anyway?

Never mind that, but you're not being forced to partake in any of this.
    JettLuvsU
  • JosrevJosrev
    Reactions: 1,425
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    thinking on charging 100k nx tomorrow does the vip event will coutn for me if it's nx credit?
  • NoSkillKidNoSkillKid
    Reactions: 1,725
    edited March 2017
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    Is everything that occurs and involves the cash shop viewed as a conspiracy or something?

Yes, Nexon purposely jammed all these NX sales and events before giving out the 100k MP for the World Record winners (which they will be giving out on the 15th). It's Nexon playing strategic, but the player's aren't dumb and can clearly see this.
    Kylehell007Booberpuppy
  • Kylehell007Kylehell007
    Reactions: 1,295
    edited March 2017
    NoSkillKid wrote: »
    Aggraphine wrote: »

Yes, Nexon purposely jammed all these NX sales and events before giving out the 100k MP for the World Record winners (which they will be giving out on the 15th). It's Nexon playing strategic, but the player's aren't dumb and can clearly see this.

John Nash- A Beautiful Mind
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited March 2017
    Josrev wrote: »
    thinking on charging 100k nx tomorrow does the vip event will coutn for me if it's nx credit?
    if you mean MVP, yes it does count :)
  • MegaScienceMegaScience
    Reactions: 3,795
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited March 2017
    While these events and contents are a major draw for the purchasing of NX, I do not see how this indicates as you've said. It has been a reasonable time since the last Miracle Time and Philosopher's Book release, so I'd see it more as a coincidence that their releases overlapped. Just because of this happening in no way indicates internal activity toward the players, improving and adding upon the game has stopped. And as already noted and should be remembered, participation with these is optional.
  • forumsareannoyingforumsareannoying
    Reactions: 2,815
    edited March 2017
    While these events and contents are a major draw for the purchasing of NX, I do not see how this indicates as you've said. It has been a reasonable time since the last Miracle Time and Philosopher's Book release, so I'd see it more as a coincidence that their releases overlapped.

I don't see this as a coincidence at all. It's been about 3 months since the last MT. Correct me if I'm wrong, but back then there would only be 2 or 3 MT per YEAR and it's been 3 months since the last MT. And while I'm not complaining about the frequency in which it occurs, you cannot say that these NX-only events are a coincidence. Especially since the release of the MVP system. I would not be surprised, not a single grain of sand, if Marvel comes next week or sometime this month.

It's like AKRadian said "They're just giving you a chance to earn Diamond rank quickly." But you're right Mega, participation is optional.
    Just because of this happening in no way indicates internal activity toward the players, improving and adding upon the game has stopped..
    What does that mean? And also what do you mean by "improving and adding upon the game has stopped"?
  • MegaScienceMegaScience
    Reactions: 3,795
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited March 2017
    If I recall correctly, while there was a relatively long period without a Double Miracle Time last year, otherwise the spacing between them has been around 3 months. And that statement was noting that there is more going on with the game than Philosopher's Books and Double Miracle Times, as the use of "only" in the topic post felt to be influenced by a relatively narrow view of the game activities.
  • TamireliaTamirelia
    Reactions: 1,335
    edited March 2017
    It's also still too early to get the Unique scrolls from attendance, which is just an odd decision to me. Surely more people would be willing to cube stuff that's already Unique right? Why not wait til after, when people have more stuff that they're tempted to cube?
  • DennDenn
    Reactions: 620
    edited March 2017
    I couldn't even login till this morning duo to the problems we had with Nexon Launcher. Couldn't even participate in the double miracle time event while i was planning to finally cube my additional potentials.

Thanks a lot Nexon.