[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

What is everyone's Monster Collection at?

Comments

• JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    Currently 351, I stopped intentionally collecting after 300 because I have 4 daily 24 hour boxes going. Maybe I should go for the last one?
  • swtcakeswtcake
    Reactions: 800
    edited March 2017
    How exactly do you collect the monster for the collection? I mean I played for hours yesterday and only just collected one monster for the collection. It was ridiculous. I mean is there a certain number i have to kill or what?!
  • HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    @swtcake it's all RNG.

2Z7phW7.jpg
    I just need Hawkeye for the chair now. Didn't register during sengoku, and I've been running full Empress 3 times a week for months now.
  • GeminiaGeminia
    Reactions: 2,370
    edited March 2017
    swtcake wrote: »
    How exactly do you collect the monster for the collection? I mean I played for hours yesterday and only just collected one monster for the collection. It was ridiculous. I mean is there a certain number i have to kill or what?!

Lower leveled monsters, such as those on Victoria Island and "Near" Victoria Island, have a high chance of being added. Pre-V Luminous was great for collecting monsters in 4th job with Reflection, since you hit so many monsters from a stationary spot, although I'm sure now it's okay for collecting. High leveled monsters are harder to collect, so if you're just starting your collection, go around Victoria Island.
  • ShippouShippou
    Reactions: 1,570
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    6dzmgm.png

Still working towards 600.
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited March 2017
    I'm still only at about 80, i just don't feel motivated to intentionally go after the collection monsters.
  • GeminiaGeminia
    Reactions: 2,370
    edited March 2017
    It's hilariously absurd that the most time consuming and absolute hardest page to complete only gets you 5 meso sacks.

bic3oDT.png
  • ShippouShippou
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    Geminia wrote: »
    It's hilariously absurd that the most time consuming and absolute hardest page to complete only gets you 5 meso sacks.

bic3oDT.png

In my experience, the Arcane River mobs seem to have a higher than normal add-rate compared to other monsters.
    But yeah, considering Lucid and her summons are on that page, meso sacks is a terrible reward.
  • IvangoldIvangold
    Reactions: 2,985
    edited March 2017
    I managed to collect the Lion in Tower of Oz, i still need to use time to collect more monsters, but i like that oz have a set.
    UYjbJNP.jpg
    Shippou
  • ShippouShippou
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    R59Ffk2.jpg

Added normal vellum yesterday. That pushed me to 100 monsters on vic island, so I got the medal now. :)

EDIT:
    I cried, because I spawned this, but it didn't add to collection:
    GcO6DZx.jpg
  • LennoxrenolLennoxrenol
    Reactions: 300
    edited April 2017
    KerBansot wrote: »
    It seems they finally added some Monster Blooms with this update. My friend got a Horntail Monster Bloom during 2x last night, but didn't think to screen shot it.

I did :D

Don't think it's just from this patch though since I got mine the last week of October, during the Secret Stories patch.

Edit: Oh wait, mine is CHT. Don't have HT. :(

May I ask how you were able to get this monsterbloom :O also with new updates to the game has nexon given us any tips or insight of getting Elite monsterblooms and such? Filling up those ones are the biggest pain and struggle D:
  • KerBansotKerBansot
    Reactions: 1,635
    edited April 2017
    KerBansot wrote: »
    It seems they finally added some Monster Blooms with this update. My friend got a Horntail Monster Bloom during 2x last night, but didn't think to screen shot it.

I did :D

Don't think it's just from this patch though since I got mine the last week of October, during the Secret Stories patch.

Edit: Oh wait, mine is CHT. Don't have HT. :(

May I ask how you were able to get this monsterbloom :O also with new updates to the game has nexon given us any tips or insight of getting Elite monsterblooms and such? Filling up those ones are the biggest pain and struggle D:

I kill HT and CHT almost everyday for RP. They just dropped. Other monsterblooms are from completing sets. I got the ice golem monster bloom from finishing a set in El Nath.

Hope that helps.
  • LennoxrenolLennoxrenol
    edited April 2017
    Dang it must have a seriously low drop rate because I've also been doing HT and CHT almost everyday for RP as well and it never dropped a bloom for me :( I wonder if % item drop rate would increase the chance of getting a bloom hmmm
  • KerBansotKerBansot
    Reactions: 1,635
    edited April 2017
    Dang it must have a seriously low drop rate because I've also been doing HT and CHT almost everyday for RP as well and it never dropped a bloom for me :( I wonder if % item drop rate would increase the chance of getting a bloom hmmm

All RNG, my friend. I got CPB after killing the first body, PB took me months. I was so happy when I got it that I took a screenshot of the notice. CHT and HT blooms were also months apart.

As for drop rate, I'm not sure as I have no droprate gear.
  • LennoxrenolLennoxrenol
    edited April 2017
    aww oh well! Best of luck to those crazy enough to get 600 monsters added to their monster collection :D
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited April 2017
    aww oh well! Best of luck to those crazy enough to get 600 monsters added to their monster collection :D

FallaciousMe of Reddit hit that milestone yesterday, if you want to congratulate them:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Maplestory/comments/671yi7/told_you_i_could_get_to_600_monsters_collected/
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited April 2017
    Finally got oz, now i just need cygnus for the set.
  • LennoxrenolLennoxrenol
    edited April 2017
    DANG Super gratz to him for hitting 600! For RP I just collect the Ephenia and Xerxex set in every world alliance (Currently have 3 Substantial boxes in Scania, 2 in Bera, and 1 in Windia, Reboot, Broa/Khaini, MYBCKN, and GRAZED). This gives me a lot more RP without the extra work of collecting monsters to expand the number of sets you can explore :D
  • DangsterDangster
    Reactions: 1,350
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    SadVirgin wrote: »
    @swtcake it's all RNG.

2Z7phW7.jpg
    I just need Hawkeye for the chair now. Didn't register during sengoku, and I've been running full Empress 3 times a week for months now.

Are the official knights from the starforce maps? Or doesn't it matter if they are starforce monsters or not?
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited April 2017
    Dangster wrote: »
    Are the official knights from the starforce maps? Or doesn't it matter if they are starforce monsters or not?

The official monster name is something like "[*]Official Knight A" or whatever, so technically I believe it does matter. This is more obvious when you look at the Kentaurus monsters, some of which are Star Struck, others are not.