[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Migration Delayed

Comments

• CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited October 2016
    Lelouchy
    Lelouchy said:

I hope its before Christmas at least.
    eh, I have a feeling that it may happen when we get our halloween patch which may be coming after next week.

• YuniorYunior
    Reactions: 1,575
    edited October 2016
    Does anyone know if the European players will join our servers or it will be separate like we can't interact with them?
  • ClawStaffClawStaff
    Reactions: 2,950
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    Basically all the servers from gms and ems will just appear on one launcher, the servers themselves wont be merged. So people would be allowed to create a character in either region, but existing characters in ems and gms will not see each-other.
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    edited October 2016
    Yunior
    Yunior said:

Does anyone know if the European players will join our servers or it will be separate like we can't interact with them?
    will be separated by a login portal where we choose what server selection we want to connect to (you can select either even if you are in NA or covered by the NA service you can log into the EU service but will likely suffer delay/lag)

image image

after choosing which region you want to play in, then you get a selection of servers for that reigon.
    in NA we have our Reboot, MYBCKN,BROKAI, GRAZED , Scania.. etc and in EU the server selection will be Luna and Elysium.

we will not be able to interact with them if we don't play on their servers and vice versa

they also likely (this is just an educated assumption) won't be able to transfer characters from the EU servers to the NA servers or vice versa
  • YuniorYunior
    Reactions: 1,575
    edited October 2016
    Catooolooo

Yunior
    Yunior said:

will be separated by a login portal where we choose what server selection we want to connect to (you can select either even if you are in NA or covered by the NA
    service you can log into the EU service but will likely suffer delay/lag)

image image

after choosing which region you want to play in, then you get a selection of servers for that reigon.
    in NA we have our Reboot, MYBCKN,BROKAI, GRAZED , Scania.. etc and in EU the server selection will be Luna and Elysium.

we will not be able to interact with them if we don't play on their servers and vice versa

they also likely (this is just an educated assumption) won't be able to transfer characters from the EU servers to the NA servers or vice versa
    Aww well atleast we get a new start screen xD
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    edited October 2016
    Yunior
    Yunior said:

Aww well atleast we get a new start screen xD
    we wont have a new start screen actually, that screen I posted comes up after you log in at the start screen
  • RoosSkywalkerEURoosSkywalkerEU
    Reactions: 400
    edited October 2016
    I live in Europe and my boyfriend in the USA. Does this mean that we can not play together?

Yes one of us could start over but we both have many maxed out characters with good gear from 6 years of playing...
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    RoosSkywalkerEU

I live in Europe and my boyfriend in the USA. Does this mean that we can not play together?

Yes one of us could start over but we both have many maxed out characters with good gear from 6 years of playing...
    One or both of you will have to start over.
    All existing characters stay in their servers. And I seriously doubt we'll ever get a server transfer event where one could go from Europe to Global or vice versa.
  • RoosSkywalkerEURoosSkywalkerEU
    Reactions: 400
    edited October 2016
    Okay thanks for the reply. Makes the whole concept of merging pretty pointless then, got hyped up for nothing.

Maybe one day ever, this launcher/support merge could be the prelude of a true server merge.
    But reality will slap me in the face that it won't happen.
    Soon™
  • ClawStaffClawStaff
    Reactions: 2,950
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    Well some people wanted to play with their friends from the other region, but couldn't. This is more towards EMS players (as a community) benefit, because their support team is worse than ours, I'm sure they have some good staff there, but not enough to help all their players.
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    edited October 2016
    RoosSkywalkerEU

Okay thanks for the reply. Makes the whole concept of merging pretty pointless then, got hyped up for nothing.

Maybe one day ever, this launcher/support merge could be the prelude of a true server merge.
    But reality will slap me in the face that it won't happen.
    Soon™
    the thing is, the EU servers are still going to be in the EU so that you EU players still have a fast connection to your servers, which makes any true Server merge impossible between EU and NA servers and it would also be hard (or impossible) to do character transfers for multiple reasons due to the servers being separated like that.

the point of this merge was to bring EMS and GMS together (again), sure you have to restart if you want to play on the NA servers or vise versa for your bf but at the very least that's an option without having to go though a vpn.
  • IvangoldIvangold
    Reactions: 2,985
    edited October 2016
    I just hope the merge comes before 5job launchs in GMS ;\.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    So someone posted this image on the subreddit:

• WiceakWiceak
    Reactions: 1,210
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

lol april fool i hope? xD
    let's hope not that long without any events/updates like they doing now. :(

• LelouchyLelouchy
    Reactions: 305
    edited October 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

God I hope this isn't true, I can't wait that long.

• ElFrozerElFrozer
    Reactions: 910
    edited October 2016
    Lelouchy
    Lelouchy said:

AKradian
    AKradian said:

God I hope this isn't true, I can't wait that long.

Well.....

• RailBirdRailBird
    Reactions: 2,450
    edited October 2016
    - Comment no longer relevant :) -

Here's a wild idea. If this merge really is going to be postponed by another whopping 6 months, wouldn't it be a kind gesture towards the European players to remove the IP-block on their GMS accounts so they can finally join their friends while Nexon is doing the behind-the-scenes work on merging both services. That way everyone is happy.
    Lelouchy
  • WildFreekWildFreek
    Reactions: 1,445
    edited October 2016
    RailBird
    RailBird said:

Here's a wild idea. If this merge really is going to be postponed by another whopping 6 months, wouldn't it be a kind gesture towards the European players to remove the IP-block on their GMS accounts so they can finally join their friends while Nexon is doing the behind-the-scenes work on merging both services. That way everyone is happy.
    That solves nothing for the people who want to play GMS on their EMS accounts, as you can't merge accounts when te migration happens. You'd have to make new accounts and lose you progress on Kradia/Elysium or Demethos/Luna if you really want to play GMS. Playing with 2 accounts just seems unnecessary. Just my opinion though, as people who have (almost) nothing to lose EMS might find that helpful but I wouldn't consider that an viable option
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    WildFreek
    WildFreek said:

RailBird
    RailBird said:

That solves nothing for the people who want to play GMS on their EMS accounts, as you can't merge accounts when te migration happens. You'd have to make new accounts and lose you progress on Kradia/Elysium or Demethos/Luna if you really want to play GMS. Playing with 2 accounts just seems unnecessary. Just my opinion though, as people who have (almost) nothing to lose EMS might find that helpful but I wouldn't consider that an viable option
    Either way you lose your progress in EMS if you want to play on a GMS server, so it doesn't really matter which account you do it on.

If you intend to continue playing on the EMS servers, you can. Hopefully Nexon won't leave them without any updates for six months... although I believe that has happened before. Right before the last catch-up patch, in fact.

Anyway, I'm hoping for @KThxBaiNao to confirm or deny that screenshot. Reddit is too full of trolls for me to just take it at face value.
  • RailBirdRailBird
    Reactions: 2,450
    edited October 2016
    WildFreek
    WildFreek said:

RailBird
    RailBird said:

This wouldn't make any difference. Even if you'd use your EMS account to play on a GMS server you'd still have to create a new character and start from scratch. None of the progress you made on an EMS server will carry over to a GMS server if you'd wish to play on one.
    Removing the block would however make it possible for those who already made a GMS account, but found themselves locked out because of the region-block, to play on a GMS server.