[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Does the town artifact REALLY drop the chair?

TheHoATheHoA
Reactions: 2,210
edited March 2017 in General Chat
Cause the notes don't mention it, nor does it say anything on orangemushroom about it.

Comments

• PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited March 2017
    Never seen it drop. Never seen one on Reboot yet.
  • MrHellbannMrHellbann
    Reactions: 780
    edited March 2017
    You don’t always have to go far afield to find artifacts! Large Unearthed Artifacts are appearing in major towns (Henesys, Leafre, Haven, and Craw Village). Defeat one to receive Unidentified Artifacts and get more Artifact Points. These artifacts also have the potential to drop the Ancient Guardian Chair.
  • LinksMissingLinksMissing
    Reactions: 735
    edited March 2017
    No. The Ancient Guardian Chair only drops from Rhinojinn who spawns in monster maps and not in town[img][/img] as per the patch notes if you actually read them.
  • JulyJuly
    Reactions: 2,720
    edited March 2017
    No. The Ancient Guardian Chair only drops from Rhinojinn who spawns in monster maps and not in town[img][/img] as per the patch notes if you actually read them.

And Rhinojinn spawn about 2 times only until maxed 10k points and can't be spawn again after right? ">_<
  • RoseDropRoseDrop
    Reactions: 875
    edited March 2017
    July wrote: »

And Rhinojinn spawn about 2 times only until maxed 10k points and can't be spawn again after right? ">_<

As far as I know, this is correct. I could only get him to appear 2 times yesterday and 2 times this morning. No luck getting a chair from Rhinojinn yet. :(
  • BarfonwhalesBarfonwhales
    Reactions: 1,375
    edited March 2017
    yes. i just read the notes yesterday on this website it states they drop the chair as well
    LinksMissing
  • LinksMissingLinksMissing
    Reactions: 735
    edited March 2017
    My bad I reread the notes and both Rhinojinn and the town artifact can drop the chair. I believe drop rate increases do help.
  • PharrettPharrett
    Reactions: 940
    edited March 2017
    but has anyone actually gotten the chair?
  • CrystalOraCrystalOra
    Reactions: 3,135
    edited March 2017
    do the artifacts in town give anything at all?
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    CrystalOra wrote: »
    do the artifacts in town give anything at all?

They give the same artifact pieces that drop from monsters in the field.
    If you're already capped on points, you won't see them drop.
  • DiamondSkyyDiamondSkyy
    Reactions: 1,375
    edited March 2017
    Where is Craw Village though? I've never heard of it until this event.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited March 2017
    Where is Craw Village though? I've never heard of it until this event.

Its Chu Chu Village basically :P
    Nyara
  • ArgentArgent
    Reactions: 3,090
    edited March 2017
    I've only seen one person with the chair so far. Haven't even seen players in Hene with one... The drop rate on this thing is way too low imo.
  • xMuramasaxMuramasa
    Reactions: 650
    edited March 2017
    IF you want to farm it, turn your pet loot off and go absolutely nuts? i dont think rhinojinn spawns bsaed on artifacts picked up so just kill and kill and kill.
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited March 2017
    so far no luck on the chair, though I've spent more time in the field than killing the town artifact.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    bumbertyr wrote: »
    so far no luck on the chair, though I've spent more time in the field than killing the town artifact.

@bumbertyr
    Whoa! Congratulations on your new job! What do you do at Nexon?
  • ArgentArgent
    edited March 2017
    xMuramasa wrote: »
    IF you want to farm it, turn your pet loot off and go absolutely nuts? i dont think rhinojinn spawns bsaed on artifacts picked up so just kill and kill and kill.

I thought that the text when a rhino spawns said something along the lines that it came from an artifact? Anyways, still no luck for me after many hours grinding and I've only seen two people on Reboot with the chair so far. I think it would have been a better idea to have the coin rhino drops be like other event coins that could have been spent in a shop for the chair.
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited March 2017
    Argent wrote: »
    I thought that the text when a rhino spawns said something along the lines that it came from an artifact? Anyways, still no luck for me after many hours grinding and I've only seen two people on Reboot with the chair so far. I think it would have been a better idea to have the coin rhino drops be like other event coins that could have been spent in a shop for the chair.

When you collect artifacts that drop from mobs, there's a chance that a rhino spawns from the artifact you picked up. And yeah, there's a message when it does.
  • ArgentArgent
    edited March 2017
    Neospector wrote: »
    Argent wrote: »

When you collect artifacts that drop from mobs, there's a chance that a rhino spawns from the artifact you picked up. And yeah, there's a message when it does.

That is what I thought, thanks for the confirmation. Sadly, this does mean players have a limited amount of times a rhino can be spawned each day (and the 2x artifact points buff doesn't help!). I had hoped we would see something in the patch notes today about an increase in drop rate, but that doesn't seem to be the case, unfortunately.
  • DaisukeHarutoDaisukeHaruto
    Reactions: 1,935
    edited March 2017
    what I want to know is, is there something I'm missing? I'm blowing up town artifacts and getting nothing. at first thought "Okay it adds points when it blows up" Nope. "maybe I'm not waiting long enough for the artifacts to drop" Here comes the next one. "Okay maybe I don't ahve the event going" nope I have 1000 starter points. I've started ignoring the town artifacts.