[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Missing daily Excavation Tool Pouch

AKradianAKradian
Reactions: 40,310
Member, Private Tester
edited March 2017 in Bug Reporting
EDIT March 28: To those affected: please try to be logged in at server reset time (midnight UTC / 5PM PDT), and see whether that gives you the quest. It works for me.

Bug type: Event

Brief bug summary: Some accounts do not receive the daily Excavation Tool Pouch quest.

More details:
The description of the Artifact Hunt event says
Every good explorer needs a tool bag! Each day when you log in, you can speak to NPC Manuel Johnson to receive an Excavation Tool Pouch. Open the pouch to receive 1,000 Artifact Points! Log in and collect your tool pouch every day for 5 days, and you’ll receive a Big Expedition Hat Coupon. The coupon is tradeable within your account, and when you use it you’ll receive a permanent Big Expedition Hat. Now you look like a true explorer!

On two of my accounts, this is working correctly. However, the third was only able to claim the tool pouch on the first day of the event (March 22nd). On the next two days, the quest was not available in the Star notifier, nor from the NPC itself in Henesys.

Other people have reported the same issue:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Maplestory/comments/615jco/excavation_bags/
http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/11163/expedetion-pouch-for-event/p1
http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/11144/anyone-else-not-getting-the-daily-excav-pouch/p1

Steps to reproduce:
EDITED March 28:
1. Be offline at midnight UTC
2. Log in later
3. Check star notifier and NPC Manuel Johnson for the daily quest.

Character name: MySonTDoctor
Character level: 205
Character job: Bishop
World name: Kradia
Date and time of the incident: March 23 and March 24 (so far)

Comments

• MegaScienceMegaScience
    Reactions: 3,795
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited March 2017
    Thank you for the summary, AKradian. I have forwarded this.
  • KailinElaiyuKailinElaiyu
    Reactions: 500
    edited March 2017
    Can confirm this bug - my character was only able to claim the free 1k the first day of the event.

Character name: howdoi
    Character level: 222
    Character job: Evan
    World name: Reboot
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    Oddly enough, on this, the 4th day of the event, my character did get the free tool quest again. (And the NPC correctly said that this is the 2nd day, for that char)
    MegaScience
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    Update: I received the pouch on the 26th, but today (27th) it is missing again.
    The difference, as far as I can tell, is that on the days I received the pouch I was logged in at server reset time, and the other days I wasn't.
  • jofnoaisfgagjofnoaisfgag
    Reactions: 610
    edited March 2017
    Same thing here. I've only gotten it twice so far. The quest won't show up.

Character name: asdgasga
    Character level: 207
    Character job: aran
    World name: Reboot
  • ArwooArwoo
    Reactions: 17,755
    edited March 2017
    Howdy guys!

I got an update on this issue. It doesn't appear that too many players are experiencing it and we haven't been able to reproduce it on our end. If you're experiencing this issue, please send me a private message so we can forward known accounts affected by this bug.

Please include your Nexon login name and character name in the private message.

Thank you,

Arwoooo~
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    @Arwoo , it's definitely an issue of being logged in at reset (midnight UTC), or possibly a few hours around there. (Midnight UTC happens at 3AM for me, so I'm asleep at that time, and either AFK in-game or not. On the days I'm not, I log in around 5AM UTC, and by then it's too late to get the quest).
    Today I was logged in at that time - and got the quest again.
    Nyara
  • FennekinFennekin
    Reactions: 2,941
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    AKradian wrote: »
    @Arwoo , it's definitely an issue of being logged in at reset (midnight UTC), or possibly a few hours around there. (Midnight UTC happens at 3AM for me, so I'm asleep at that time, and either AFK in-game or not. On the days I'm not, I log in around 5AM UTC, and by then it's too late to get the quest).
    Today I was logged in at that time - and got the quest again.
    Ayyy whaddya know, that worked for me too. Usually I'm at work at reset, but today I had my shop open while I was gone. And now I got my free 1k points again. And yeah, he's also saying it's day 2 for me lmao.
  • KThxBaiNaoKThxBaiNao
    Reactions: 11,690
    edited March 2017
    One more confirming that it's probably related to reset.
  • SesomSlayerSesomSlayer
    Reactions: 1,185
    edited March 2017
    I'm having the same problem, no tools for me today. :(
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017

Were you online at midnight UTC?
  • MekMek
    Reactions: 1,170
    edited March 2017

Same here
  • lMagellMagel
    Reactions: 900
    edited March 2017
    World name: Galicia
    Me too :(
  • SesomSlayerSesomSlayer
    Reactions: 1,185
    edited March 2017
    AKradian wrote: »

Were you online at midnight UTC?

I think so, not 100% sure :p
  • AnythingAnything
    Reactions: 1,385
    edited March 2017
    Arwoo wrote: »
    Howdy guys!

I got an update on this issue. It doesn't appear that too many players are experiencing it and we haven't been able to reproduce it on our end. If you're experiencing this issue, please send me a private message so we can forward known accounts affected by this bug.

Please include your Nexon login name and character name in the private message.

Thank you,

Arwoooo~

I am affected by this bug too. I googled and I found this thread. I was already wondering what's going on.
    This should be affected to the players who sleeps (or other stuff) when reset happens and did not leave their MapleStory on. I guess it should be caused by the reset because I did get the 1k artifact pouch before, which was before my country Summer time started. I was still up and reset happened. But now after the summer time went in I didn't stay up till reset happened. That's when I also didn't get the quest anymore to collect the points.

Do we still have to PM you with the Nexon Name and Character Name?

• MegaScienceMegaScience
    Reactions: 3,795
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited March 2017
    I've also been able to get the bag by being logged it at reset time. It seems if you aren't logged in, the bag isn't distributed. I've forwarded this for confirmation. (Have to be sure this is the cause and not one of the causes or only partially replicate-able.)
  • lMagellMagel
    Reactions: 900
    edited March 2017
    it seem like i got fix thank you admin :3
  • GoldAdventurerGoldAdventurer
    Reactions: 2,645
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    Update! I found the quest is shown in the completed tab automatically upon logging into the game! This happens without clearing it!
    However, I didn't clear the quest by myself.
    This is ONLY a guess, but the quest was available for me to clear for one of my accounts when I logged in using my Kaiser character to channel 3 (Luna world). It's important to note the quest was either available or not for clear randomally ONLY for that specific account.

However, this issue should be investigated carefully by the game team.
    It's dissapointing there is a weekly maintenance today and there is no mention about being aware of this issue and this to be fixed:
    maplestory.nexon.net/news/21503/scheduled-maintenance-march-30-2017

Thank you for listening!!
  • Deadly_ArrowsDeadly_Arrows
    Reactions: 1,400
    edited March 2017
    Same problem here... I had the pouch only once (maybe because i was online at reset).
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    Update! I found the quest is shown in the completed tab automatically upon logging into the game! This happens without clearing it!
    However, I didn't clear the quest by myself.
    This is ONLY a guess, but the quest was available for me to clear for one of my accounts when I logged in using my Kaiser character to channel 3 (Luna world). It's important to note the quest was either available or not for clear randomally ONLY for that specific account.

However, this issue should be investigated carefully by the game team.
    It's dissapointing there is a weekly maintenance today and there is no mention about being aware of this issue and this to be fixed:
    maplestory.nexon.net/news/21503/scheduled-maintenance-march-30-2017

Thank you for listening!!

I suspect that it's shown in the Completed tab because you did it the first day. It's the same for every quest that is repeatable.

However, a strange thing happened today.
    Yesterday, to test this, I accepted the artifact hunt event, and the first tool pouch, on a few more accounts.
    None of them were logged in at reset.
    But some of them got the tool pouch again today.
    So, I'm no longer sure what's going on. Seems that being logged in at reset is sufficient to get the quest, but it's not absolutely necessary.