[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Unclog our inventories

Comments

• JorjaxJorjax
    Reactions: 865
    edited September 2016
    +1 to this and bumping to spread the word.
  • gamechangergamechanger
    Reactions: 3,460
    edited September 2016
    * Implement a title collection where you just pick the title you want to use out of the collection menu.

* Chair collection. Tradeable chairs can be removed from the collection (though I doubt Nexon's ability to actually implement this, not gonna lie) to trade them. Just open the collection, same way as medal/title collection and pick the one you want to use. Make it so that you can still hotkey chairs in your collection.

* Implement a wallet item (or just a wallet tab I guess) that holds all coins/currency items

* Add large (16 slots or more) equipment bags (short term solution to event equips) until we get a better solution for dealing with too many untradable event equips
    Lilyflower
  • RawRaw
    Reactions: 515
    edited September 2016
    THE QUEEN BEE EVENT IN HENE WILL WASTE A SPOT IN YOUR INVENTORY DO NOT KILL MULTIPLE TIMES. I killed queen bee twice on my main thinking I would be able to just recycle the NX useless stuff they give out for killing the bee. Instead, the item does not show up under the recycle bin options when you click, and the NX stuff is 30 day. Basically, it's going to take one of my spots up for 30 days x 2 spots because I killed twice before I checked if I could recycle.

ALSO Night Lords and Night Walkers have to use stars, often many sets (I have 12) in order to not have to spend their entire character's life inside a potion shop recharging stars. WOULD IT BE POSSIBLE to make it fair for once and give those two characters a star bag or something in order to NOT WASTE 12 SLOTS EVERY DAY FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE? It is incredibly frustrating that there are only two classes really that have to deal with this, and it is a common sensical problem that hasn't yet been solved.

LAST, I think the coins from all the events are lame to carry around too, especially with commerci currency, gollux pennies and coins, ra coins both chaos and regular, magnus coins both hard and normal as well. My suggestion is to just have the coins expire if they're event coins so I don't have a coin in my inventory forever, clogging it up. Yes I could drop them but my inventory is fully maxed so sometimes I miss items in there that just waste spots for who knows how long.

I think the things above are common sense and things that Nexon should seriously look into to make this game smoother and make more sense and be more fluid.
  • KThxBaiNaoKThxBaiNao
    Reactions: 11,690
    edited September 2016
    I commented on a similar topic in the old forums.

Just letting you know this has't fallen off my plate. :)
    KerBansotPonPonInvulgoxShiller
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2016
    KThxBaiNao

I commented on a similar topic in the old forums.

Just letting you know this has't fallen off my plate. :)
    I remember you did.
    I just wanted to make sure that Nexon doesn't think the V inventory size increase is a solution to the problem.
    Thanks for responding.
    Lilyflower
  • AK712AK712
    Reactions: 1,840
    edited October 2016
    Look.

There's a difference between what you WANT and what you NEED.

You don't NEED 50 chairs. No one is going to rotate sitting on 50 chairs every day of their life. No one NEEDS 30 damage skins. No one is going to change their damage skin to something different every day of every month. No one NEEDS 5 EQUIPs for every part of their body when they can only hold one. It's just absurd.

I know you like to collect things. But why make the servers laggy by forcing Nexon to increase your inventory by 20x? Do you WANT opening your inventory to cause as much of a lag spike as opening your Quest list, or opening the Smithing tab? If you want to know what you've collected, keep track in a spreadsheet in your own computer. Throw away the things you don't need. Heck, maybe you could even GIVE some of your items to your friends, or even strangers ("WHAT? GIVE THINGS? WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?").

The fact is, no one needs more than 50 chairs, 30 damage skins, 100 equips, etc. Sure, an increase would be nice. But an increase causes more lag when you open your inventory. Is it really worth it?

Don't get me wrong. I like to collect stuff too. I'm all for 20-chair bags and increasing soul shards to 20 per instead of 10 per. But I throw things away when I get a full inventory. That's just part of the game. Keep what you need, throw what you don't.
  • UzumeUzume
    Reactions: 2,525
    edited October 2016
    AK712
    AK712 said:

Heck, maybe you could even GIVE some of your items to your friends, or even strangers ("WHAT? GIVE THINGS? WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?").
    All of their things are untradeable, they literally cannot give any of it away even if they wanted to.
    That was the whole point of making this thread, because there's a lot of things they would like to keep but can't move to a mule or anything because it's untradeable. So yes, I honestly believe they NEED that inventory space. Just because you aren't that big of a collector doesn't mean they aren't. Collecting is pretty common now days, in game and in real life. Are they in the wrong for wanting to collect more, and participate in more events?

There is indeed a clear difference between want and need -- and if you've read this entire thread, and Invulgo's thread, then you'd see how much they need that extra inventory space. They've even given alternatives to increasing the inventory size (such as bags) so it doesn't lag, so I don't understand why you're complaining.

The game has a lot more items than it did when it first came out, and the fact that untradeable chairs, equips, etc are even a thing makes it hard to NOT have a full inventory if you would like to collect things.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    AK712
    AK712 said:

Look.

You don't NEED 50 chairs. No one is going to rotate sitting on 50 chairs every day of their life. No one NEEDS 30 damage skins. No one is going to change their damage skin to something different every day of every month. No one NEEDS 5 EQUIPs for every part of their body when they can only hold one. It's just absurd.

I know you like to collect things. But why make the servers laggy by forcing Nexon to increase your inventory by 20x? Do you WANT opening your inventory to cause as much of a lag spike as opening your Quest list, or opening the Smithing tab? If you want to know what you've collected, keep track in a spreadsheet in your own computer. Throw away the things you don't need. Heck, maybe you could even GIVE some of your items to your friends, or even strangers ("WHAT? GIVE THINGS? WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?").

The fact is, no one needs more than 50 chairs, 30 damage skins, 100 equips, etc. Sure, an increase would be nice. But an increase causes more lag when you open your inventory. Is it really worth it?

Don't get me wrong. I like to collect stuff too. I'm all for 20-chair bags and increasing soul shards to 20 per instead of 10 per. But I throw things away when I get a full inventory. That's just part of the game. Keep what you need, throw what you don't.
    You know what else I don't NEED?
    I don't NEED to play MapleStory.
    I want to.
    It's a game. It's for enjoyment.
    I don't enjoy throwing stuff away.
    I'm far more likely to quit the entire game than to continually face the decision of what to discard to make room for new stuff.
    I've already stopped playing my main because that decision is more painful than whatever pleasure I get from playing it. I made a new secondary main on Reboot, but it's rapidly approaching the same condition. I won't make a third. If Nexon decides to make this game unfit for collectors, so be it.
    Lilyflower
  • SpiritofMirSpiritofMir
    Reactions: 1,580
    edited October 2016
    Whilst the Maple Leaf Council was in session, we had also completed and submitted a resolution on inventory slot expansion late October 2015. We had recognised that this was an important issue and yet it still has not been addressed.

It's frustrating to see that requests on that bill had not been even read through but... I guess we can't do much about it.
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

You know what else I don't NEED?
    I don't NEED to play MapleStory.
    I want to.
    It's a game. It's for enjoyment.
    I don't enjoy throwing stuff away.
    I'm far more likely to quit the entire game than to continually face the decision of what to discard to make room for new stuff.
    I've already stopped playing my main because that decision is more painful than whatever pleasure I get from playing it. I made a new secondary main on Reboot, but it's rapidly approaching the same condition. I won't make a third. If Nexon decides to make this game unfit for collectors, so be it.
    It is super frustrating.... There definitely needs to be more tools to improve storage space as well...
  • StarrySWolfStarrySWolf
    Reactions: 1,155
    edited October 2016
    you mean like a trash bag function like drop and drag like pc trashcans XDDDDDD I would like a pot bag a swell and bigger coin bag to like 16 slots yes on the untradable items make them to be turned into at least trad able within account for so many chairs <3and maybe even titles <3 but maybe restrictions on some cause the stats idk??? anyway I normally put untradable item on top of my equips then separate my item I want ot keep form items i get form drops with 4 medals that way I know anything under the medals is new XDDDDDDDDD idk if that helps but it helps me for organizing on use I put potions and empty space under that them and at bottom stuff I need to keep like souls and stamps and stuffs
  • StarrySWolfStarrySWolf
    Reactions: 1,155
    edited October 2016
    or maybe like highlight and drag and drop ?
  • VinhsanityMSVinhsanityMS
    Reactions: 520
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    Similar to other suggestions. Bigger bags or allow more than 1 bag to be used. Imagine 96-chair bags, instant solution
  • BIackbeanBIackbean
    Reactions: 3,450
    edited October 2016
    yes we have way too much, even the events that need us to hold stuff in set-up for 1 hour and etc. then there are the many titles from events. I think solution should be a totally new storage place JUST FOR EVENTS, like how theres 1 JUST FOR CS. make 1 JUST FOR EVENTS that way we can go back and visit our memories
    Lilyflower
  • JorjaxJorjax
    Reactions: 865
    edited October 2016
    Bump!

I just want to add-on that Nexon should add an Extra NPC that allowed us players to store untradeable items (Similar to normal Storage) but for that specific character only. I feel like our treasure should be keep in private sometimes.. rather than sharing/transfer to multi mules... <_< if you catch my drift.

This way, it will save their times opening up more way to unclogging our inventory and allowed us have our own personal bank! (That isn't shared to other same classes/category).
  • diveKamidiveKami
    Reactions: 405
    edited October 2016
    totally agree, although the inventory expansion should solve that issue
  • KerBansotKerBansot
    Reactions: 1,635
    edited October 2016
    AK712
    AK712 said:

Look.

My set up tab:

Aside from the JM's DJ booth chair, all of those are untradeable. And I don't want to throw them out. Why? Because I played my *** off getting most of those. I collected feathers and event coins, I finished questlines and achievements.... THAT is literally part of MY maple history.

You know what I do everyday when I get on the game? I find tradeable versions of those chairs that I can afford. Just so I can still keep the memory after I've thrown the untradeable chair out. Everytime I go on my mule and see the planet chairs, I thank the Nexon gods they made those tradeable within account because I spent days mastering that stupid JQ just to get one of the chairs.

This is a decade old game, man. There's lots of history here. We celebrate the anniversary and we look back on the past. Maple bandanas have the sh*ttiest of stats but people still want them. It's because of the memories, the history. I get all this want vs. need stuff, believe me I get it. I'm unfunded as hell because this game falls under the "wants" pile. All we're asking for is a solution to unclog our inventories without sacrificing our history.

You don't want lag? Neither do we. Then we can just cross off lag-inducing solutions off the list. Telling us to just toss our stuff out is just... not helpful. There's clearly better solutions.
    StarrySWolfbeastiestmode
  • SorrowSorrow
    Reactions: 2,780
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    - Introduce a bag to store projectiles (e.g. throwing stars, arrows)
    - In addition to increasing inventory space with the V update, increase the size of bags (e.g. 12 slot herb/mineral bag, pink coin purse, recipe 8-slot bag, 8-slot soul bag, etc.)
    - Add a UI for chairs/titles
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited October 2016
    They'd solve the issue in a heartbeat if they made a medal collection for chairs and titles. It would need to function that any chair you gain into your inventory is registered, unlike the medal collection where earned medals register but purchased(event shops) medals don't.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    Aggraphine

They'd solve the issue in a heartbeat if they made a medal collection for chairs and titles. It would need to function that any chair you gain into your inventory is registered, unlike the medal collection where earned medals register but purchased(event shops) medals don't.
    That would only solve the Setup inventory tab.
  • KerBansotKerBansot
    Reactions: 1,635
    edited October 2016
    Bigger bag sizes, no bag limit, all untradeable items be movable within account w/o a sharing tag, bigger and tabbed storage/bank, the ability to move/store bags with contents << How about all of these combined? :D