[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Take out Egg Chicks and Easter Eggs!

CrystalOraCrystalOra
Reactions: 3,135
edited April 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
The three different Egg Chicks that go in the USE and the Easter Eggs that go into ETC drop far to much! The chicks are not even useful as pots to higher lvl characters and should not drop from any monster that is over 150! The Easter Eggs should only drop if the quest is active and you should only be able to obtain the number required for the quest. Players are forced to pick up these items or lag out from there being so many drops on the floor. They are in the way and serve no purpose, please take them out!!!!
justsomeoneGlaceDfeu
  1. Do you use the Egg Chicks as pots?37 votes
    1. Yes
       8% (3 votes)
    2. No
       92% (34 votes)

Comments

• JulyJuly
    Reactions: 2,720
    edited April 2017
    Mod gonna move this to suggestions forum, and no one in nexon checking suggestions forum so..

They maybe.. maybe... lower the drop rate in 4 days maintenance.. but this lame a$ event still gonna prevent us from training..

At least it's 2 weeks that we not playing maple.. The Beauty coupons event was 3 weeks without maple.
    justsomeone
  • GlirotusGlirotus
    Reactions: 1,520
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    >:)

Usually NPC fodder unless I am training with my 1-30 then buy actual potions lol . These were quest eggs, still might be, but don't know if it is repeatable though.

>:)
  • CrystalOraCrystalOra
    edited April 2017
    I know that last year people complained about the drops and they did something about it. I was hoping that if we bring it up again that they would again fix it.
  • GeminiaGeminia
    Reactions: 2,370
    edited April 2017
    CrystalOra wrote: »
    I know that last year people complained about the drops and they did something about it. I was hoping that if we bring it up again that they would again fix it.

Yeah, it's a shame we can't actually give any proof of it happening though, thanks to the old forums being deleted.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    Geminia wrote: »

Yeah, it's a shame we can't actually give any proof of it happening though, thanks to the old forums being deleted.

It's a good thing the Nexon forums are not the only resource we have.
    http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/7867/complete-scheduled-maintenance-march-31-2016
    July
  • justsomeonejustsomeone
    Reactions: 515
    edited April 2017
    DeeMon wrote: »
    nexon likes rotten eggs, that's why they stink so much. Hell, they probably have chicken crap for brains too, that's why they're so clueless all the damn time.
    So damn lazy to make the game better, dood.
    It's probably useless to complain about this because the same thing is just going happen again next easter.

exactly !

• CrystalOraCrystalOra
    edited April 2017
    Thanks for finding that old maintenance to show that we had the same issue before!
  • MonsterLifeMonsterLife
    Reactions: 570
    edited April 2017
    Thanks for finding that old maintenance to show that we had the same issue before!

too bad reducing the drop rate by such a small amount wont help us players that have drop rate gear x.x,
  • BellamazedBellamazed
    Reactions: 1,235
    edited April 2017
    Shouldn't drop from monsters over 150? They shouldn't drop from monsters over 30! They are honestly only helpful for brand new characters between 1-30 lol.
  • CrystalOraCrystalOra
    edited April 2017
    I was being generous to the few players that do use them by saying 150.
    Bellamazed
  • CrystalOraCrystalOra
    edited April 2017
    Also I see that my post was moved...I hope this means that someone read it?
  • InvulgoInvulgo
    Reactions: 4,620
    edited April 2017
    I am very optimistic something will be done about this.

• IvangoldIvangold
    Reactions: 2,985
    edited April 2017
    It's really annoying when i wanna get the Ovo event drops to get the exp buff, i lag so much getting the eggs aside from the rest that i can't train efficiently, end up beying better not loot anything, would be better to not drop in high monsters or just be able to drop them with a quest(that you need accept).
  • BellamazedBellamazed
    edited April 2017
    I was being generous to the few players that do use them by saying 150.
    Yeah, I was just reiterating the utter uselessness of the eggs for majority of the player base.

Hopefully something is done about it - I did evo lab yesterday and the eggs along with the fireworks made it very laggy :(
  • ArwooArwoo
    Reactions: 17,755
    edited April 2017
    We'll be reducing the drop rate significantly for the eggs in this week's patch.
    We've also received confirmation that we'll be increasing the stack limit of each type of egg for next year.

Apologies that this has been a reoccurring issue every year.

May the World Tree Alicia remember these words that were written in this post for next year:
    "We've also received confirmation that we'll be increasing the stack limit of each type of egg for next year."
    FennekinBellamazedJettLuvsUNyaraTanyaMegaScienceInvulgo
  • BellamazedBellamazed
    edited April 2017
    Arwoo wrote: »
    We'll be reducing the drop rate significantly for the eggs in this week's patch.
    We've also received confirmation that we'll be increasing the stack limit of each type of egg for next year.

Apologies that this has been a reoccurring issue every year.

May the World Tree Alicia remember these words that were written in this post for next year:
    "We've also received confirmation that we'll be increasing the stack limit of each type of egg for next year."

Brilliant!! So glad to see action has been taken, and (hopefully) preventative future planning for next years event :) Thanks guys!
  • CrystalOraCrystalOra
    edited April 2017
    Whoot! Progress!
  • TanyaTanya
    Reactions: 1,230
    edited April 2017
    YESSSS so excited that the drop rate of these will be reduced THANK YOU <3
  • ArwooArwoo
    Reactions: 17,755
    edited April 2017
    Greetings everyone! We have some great news to share in regards to the Easter Egg event that was mentioned in my earlier post.
    While promised that we'd see the carry limit per egg type increased next year, it will be applied in this week's patch.

Maplers will be able to hold a maximum of 9,999 per each egg stack after this week's update.

Thank you,

Arwoooo~
    FennekinJettLuvsUBellamazedAlexFSesomSlayerInvulgoJulyemperor52MegaScience
  • PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
    Reactions: 5,265
    edited April 2017
    Arwoo wrote: »
    Greetings everyone! We have some great news to share in regards to the Easter Egg event that was mentioned in my earlier post.
    While promised that we'd see the carry limit per egg type increased next year, it will be applied in this week's patch.

Maplers will be able to hold a maximum of 9,999 per each egg stack after this week's update.

Thank you,

Arwoooo~

I'd rather they didn't drop at all, since 90% of players don't have any use for them (and because of the tons of lag produced), but I guess beggars can't be choosers.