[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

What is everyone's Monster Collection at?

Comments

• KerBansotKerBansot
    Reactions: 1,635
    edited October 2016
    Geminia
    Geminia said:

KerBansot
    KerBansot said:

I'm not the one you asked but for me Ephenia took 47 tries (I was counting lol!) and for my buddies 7, 3 and "twenty-ish".

I think it's mostly luck coz Dyle took me a whopping 350.

Ephenia took maybe 30+ for me. Dyle was definitely a pain but I think your luck is a lot worse since it took me about 120+ to add.
    I wanted to get to 300 in the collection and I had 12 to go. I figured I could try the lower bosses since I never attempted them (mushmoms etc). Took me the whole week to get to 300 - the last two days had me stuck at 298. I was close to crying. LOL!

RNG isn't on my side. My friend and I hunted the same mobs and she always had an easier time than I did despite being the same class. Even for the KoC knights. She got Eckhart in one shot while I hunted him for two straight hours.

300 in MC is nothing compared to that guy's 491 but considering my luck, I consider it a pretty big achievement. I'm not gonna aim for more in order to not risk my sanity. :P
  • ElGusanitoElGusanito
    Reactions: 820
    edited October 2016
    can som1 explain to me, when u claim those exploring area boxes nd stuff, after the time is done and u get the box, what do you do? collect the monster's cards from that row again to explore it again? or what
  • thrakkesthrakkes
    Reactions: 2,135
    edited October 2016
    I got 305 monsters this morning :D Now I can get 4 Substantial Exploration Boxes into Exploration!!!

@Everyone I was farming monsters on my Kanna, it's so much faster to do it as Kanna. I got mine from 160 to 165 so far just from getting them, from 82 to 305 monsters, think it has been barely a month i started farm them, but I didn't play on Kanna everyday either. It has 200k range when buffed, so I can kill some mid lv monsters real fast, mainly Lv80-130 ones. I also did bosses on Hero and occasionnally got some from Dojo. I didn't add Mu Gong yet T.T Me as a stupid guy died at Mu Gong this morning lol. Or else I could beat it as usual, i needed 3 more hits or so lol.

The four 24hrs boxes I got are Cygnus, Magnus, Ephenia and Xerxes PQ. I could get PB line, but I didn't add normal PB yet T.T Gladly I got CPB real quick with 16 bodies and got Lyka from Dojo. Statues are easy to get too.
    ElGusanito

can som1 explain to me, when u claim those exploring area boxes nd stuff, after the time is done and u get the box, what do you do? collect the monster's cards from that row again to explore it again? or what
    Once you complete one specific line into Collection tab, you claim that box. When it's done, if you want get that box again, go into Exploration tab and select that line. Depending which type of box you want get, you must wait a certain time after you click on Explore. When you are done waiting, click on Claim and select same box again for another exploration or another type of box. Yo no longer need farming monsters again. You start with 2 lines, then you get 3rd line of exploration once you hit 150 monsters, then a 4th one if you collect 300. Having 600+ will be almost impossible due to elite monsters T.T

Just saying too, I still have a few low level monsters I didnt get when farming on Kanna. I didnt do Rien except 1 mob because i killed one on my way on Hero, thinking I could get the boss one, but nope... And I didn't do Mushking castle either, except the mini boss on Hero, I have done most dungeon quests on Hero. So certain monsters which i had to log on Hero to collect these. You could also make Kaiser and AB for these Monks in Pantheon, you eed to make both. Then if you have a space to make a Shade, do it and farm monsters there while you are still in Shade village at low lv. If no space in world and you are in a world alliance, make it in the other world, it's same collection for the whole world alliance. As example if your main world is Mardia and no more character slot, then make Shade into Kradia or other.

Get most bosses possible, they can be added a lot faster. If you are low level, between Lv65 and 100 do Balrog PQ, you can do it as solo and I recommend to hit hands until they get sealed. Then Lv75-120 for Chryse PQ, can be done solo as well. If you really want get Nett PQ done, do it with 4 people, thats the requirement. Hard mode is Lv90-109. I heard we can do kitchen PQ, but I never tried it. As for Magnus, if you are unable to kill Normal, at least do Easy. If you get carry to Normal Magnus, be sure to hit him before it dies, then the mini bosses in storyline quests, Treglow, Victor and Velderoth are easy to kill. Well, i 1hit them on Hero lol then you must have a bit hard time for Red Staff, took me 30 min to get it on my main. You can also do Silent crusade for certain bosses. But you can enter into Mystic Gate only 20 times per day, I was lucky to get them very fast. There are a LOT of mini bosses in Leafre too like Master Birk, Manon, Griffey and Leviethan. Then Aquaroad for Seruf, Pianus and if you have some patience, let Pianus summoning these spikes monsters. There are more to defeat and there are some bosses I dont get yet.

Also don't forget to do RA on multiple character if you can't afford getting Substantial Exploration Boxes, it gives Decent box. The highest lv monsters I farmed were in Dead Mine and these yetis. I farmed a total of an hour and half getting Flyeye, the very long vertical map T.T It's a lot easier as Kanna because you can use teleport instead of climbing and you have many good AoE skills. My Kanna is Lv 165, so I use Lv150 hyper skill, it's a on/off and very usefull skill. I also did Gobi in Aqua and finally got to get Gobi House. A buddy who mains a Shade luckily got Gobi House by accidentally kill it with Spirit Fox, the form of final attack, by killing a Shark on his way for Pianus, after CC a few times, he was too lucky lol.
  • ElGusanitoElGusanito
    edited October 2016
    thrakkes
    thrakkes said:

I got 305 monsters this morning :D Now I can get 4 Substantial Exploration Boxes into Exploration!!!

@Everyone I was farming monsters on my Kanna, it's so much faster to do it as Kanna. I got mine from 160 to 165 so far just from getting them, from 82 to 305 monsters, think it has been barely a month i started farm them, but I didn't play on Kanna everyday either. I also did bosses on Hero and occasionnally got some from Dojo. I didn't add Mu Gong yet T.T Me as a stupid guy died at Mu Gong this morning lol. Or else I could beat it as usual, i needed 3 more hits or so lol.

The four 24hrs boxes I got are Cygnus, Magnus, Ephenia and Xerxes PQ. I could get PB line, but I didn't add normal PB yet T.T Gladly I got CPB real quick with 16 bodies and got Lyka from Dojo. Statues are easy to get too.
    ElGusanito

Once you complete one specific line into Collection tab, you claim that box. When it's done, if you want get that box again, go into Exploration tab and select that line. Depending which type of box you want get, you must wait a certain time after you click on Explore. When you are done waiting, click on Claim and select same box again for another exploration or another type of box. Yo no longer need farming monsters again. You start with 2 lines, then you get 3rd line of exploration once you hit 150 monsters, then a 4th one if you collect 300. Having 600+ will be almost impossible due to elite monsters T.T

That's so op, but can u get stuff like inventory expansion more than once then? or rewards from those lines are diferents than the ones u get to see on MC window?
  • thrakkesthrakkes
    Reactions: 2,135
    edited October 2016
    ElGusanito

thrakkes
    thrakkes said:

@Everyone I was farming monsters on my Kanna, it's so much faster to do it as Kanna. I got mine from 160 to 165 so far just from getting them, from 82 to 305 monsters, think it has been barely a month i started farm them, but I didn't play on Kanna everyday either. I also did bosses on Hero and occasionnally got some from Dojo. I didn't add Mu Gong yet T.T Me as a stupid guy died at Mu Gong this morning lol. Or else I could beat it as usual, i needed 3 more hits or so lol.

ElGusanito

That's so op, but can u get stuff like inventory expansion more than once then? or rewards from those lines are diferents than the ones u get to see on MC window?
    You can just get the box from that line over and over. The reward from completing the whole page, you only get it once. The rewards from box when you complete Exploration are the same as box you see into collection tab. Btw, I edited the previous post.
  • YuniorYunior
    Reactions: 1,575
    edited October 2016
    Just got to 77 today, it's real time consuming I feel like.
  • ElGusanitoElGusanito
    edited October 2016
    Yunior
    Yunior said:

Just got to 77 today, it's real time consuming I feel like.
    I mean, I think I have like 70 and I didn't even cared about it :/ like I just got it from doing dailies nd stuff
  • ElGusanitoElGusanito
    edited October 2016
    thrakkes
    thrakkes said:

ElGusanito

thrakkes
    thrakkes said:

ElGusanito

You can just get the box from that line over and over. The reward from completing the whole page, you only get it once. The rewards from box when you complete Exploration are the same as box you see into collection tab. Btw, I edited the previous post.

Another question regarding MC, so for bosses, in order to get them add, do u have to
    thrakkes
    thrakkes said:

ElGusanito

thrakkes
    thrakkes said:

ElGusanito

So another question regarding MC, when it comes to bosses, in order to get them on MC, do u have to :

a) give the last hit
    b) Kill it on ur own as doing 51%+ dmg to it (highest dmg done)
    c) just give a hit to it with out having party from the one killing it
    d) having party from the one who kills it and hitting it
    e) having party from the one who kills it and leechin from it
    f) go to the bathroom and just hope it adds magicaly while u poopin
    g) other option not mentioned
  • fubs100000000fubs100000000
    Reactions: 1,120
    edited October 2016
    So another question regarding MC, when it comes to bosses, in order to get them on MC, do u have to :

a) give the last hit

i think its probably d)
    because i have a high level unfunded kanna mule that i use to bind for my friend and it registered shinsoo which my kanna cant even do a quarter of its hp in 10 min

also I am trying to complete the chryse set and i cant seem to get those mobs to register. I am killing doing the pq using level 97 kinesis
    I noticed there is a big difference between trying to register level 103 monsters vs level98 monsters so I wonder if there is also a gap from level 79 monster to level 81 monsters.

so long story short. Is it faster if i just level a new character to level 75 and do the chryse pq vs doing it every day on my level 97 kinesis
  • KerBansotKerBansot
    edited October 2016
    fubs100000000

I am trying to complete the chryse set and i cant seem to get those mobs to register. I am killing doing the pq using level 97 kinesis
    I noticed there is a big difference between trying to register level 103 monsters vs level98 monsters so I wonder if there is also a gap from level 79 monster to level 81 monsters.

so long story short. Is it faster if i just level a new character to level 75 and do the chryse pq vs doing it every day on my level 97 kinesis
    Your level shouldn't make a difference when it comes to registering monsters. I used three chars to get mine: 2xx bucc for the higher level ones, 120 lumi for everything else, then trained a new shade for the fox village mobs + chryse. Shade went from 75-94 before the mobs and Xerxes registered though.

Off topic: Has anybody gotten anything registered in the Rex line at all? We did Rex 5x today (and got insulted by Shammos all throughout) and no mobs registered.
  • GeminiaGeminia
    Reactions: 2,370
    edited October 2016
    Guess who got their second Elite monster? =D

And just about 5 minutes later I finally got Jr Balrog, completing another line.

• fubs100000000fubs100000000
    Reactions: 1,120
    edited October 2016
    KerBansot
    KerBansot said:

fubs100000000

I am trying to complete the chryse set and i cant seem to get those mobs to register. I am killing doing the pq using level 97 kinesis

Your level shouldn't make a difference when it comes to registering monsters. I used three chars to get mine: 2xx bucc for the higher level ones, 120 lumi for everything else, then trained a new shade for the fox village mobs + chryse. Shade went from 75-94 before the mobs and Xerxes registered though.

Off topic: Has anybody gotten anything registered in the Rex line at all? We did Rex 5x today (and got insulted by Shammos all throughout) and no mobs registered.
    the only issue is that PQ monsters are the SAME LEVEL as your character
    the level of monsters are for sure going to effect the capture rate
  • ThrillersVNThrillersVN
    Reactions: 955
    edited October 2016
    101/606 :(
  • ElGusanitoElGusanito
    edited October 2016
    fubs100000000

a) give the last hit

i think its probably d)
    because i have a high level unfunded kanna mule that i use to bind for my friend and it registered shinsoo which my kanna cant even do a quarter of its hp in 10 min

also I am trying to complete the chryse set and i cant seem to get those mobs to register. I am killing doing the pq using level 97 kinesis

Thanks a lot I was starting to think it could have been f) :( that's pretty helpful ima start hitin on my mule then before killin the bosses
  • ElGusanitoElGusanito
    edited October 2016
    Warminal
    Warminal said:

WildNeko
    WildNeko said:

307 Here. I'm Currently hunting Solemn Viking & White Fang elites and OMG it is hard. Already overleveled 3 chars in each mob and nothing...
    Hey I actually got the Shadowy White fang elite collection and the Ice Golem Monsterbloom it gives you 3 Decent boxes when you claim the gift. However when you let the Golems explore, it only gives 1 Decent box. So yeah.... I don't know if this is a bug or something?
    Super helpful information I was gonna hunt forever for that set thinking I would get 3 each exploration
  • ElGusanitoElGusanito
    edited October 2016
    Another question regarding this powerful post,
    Do drop rate % affects the chance of adding a monster or boss to the MC ?
  • BIackbeanBIackbean
    Reactions: 3,450
    edited October 2016
    stopped at 151. double that for the next box is way too much work
  • HadEDHadED
    Reactions: 500
    edited October 2016
    I 232 what is not to register a viking squad? if someone could tell me I can not find image
  • KerBansotKerBansot
    edited October 2016
    HadED
    HadED said:

I 232 what is not to register a viking squad? if someone could tell me I can not find
    Do the questline. It's from that quest where the vikings spawn "non-stop". Not sure if you can forfeit the quest once you complete it and it doesn't register though.
    Geminia
    Geminia said:

Guess who got their second Elite monster? =D

And just about 5 minutes later I finally got Jr Balrog, completing another line.

Whoah! GRATS!!! Are you just hunting dark runes or are you actually summoning the elite mobs? I still have no elite. :(

I finally got PB after doing it daily since MC was released though. I got Jr. Balrog from dojo yesterday too, did you get yours from there too or just SW?
    fubs100000000

the only issue is that PQ monsters are the SAME LEVEL as your character
    the level of monsters are for sure going to effect the capture rate
    Oh I forgot about that! Oh well, I'll just do it everyday. Only 5x a day anyways, it's gonna pay off eventually. :P
  • HadEDHadED
    Reactions: 500
    edited October 2016
    Thanks finally register it before time runs out I disconnected until you register