[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Omg!! 12 hours maintenance and no more USERNAME

ArwenArwen
Reactions: 2,030
edited April 2017 in General Chat
On 19th April 2017,. there will be a long loooooong maintenance (as always :D ) Well, thing that annoys me is, they will force all players to use email as Log In ID. And I love still using my Username instead of Email. Because ppl won't know my email, since i sometimes change it for security..

Comments

• NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited April 2017
    Your display name on the forums will still be visible, your email is just used for logging in rather than the username. Minecraft did something similar in order to implement their name change system more effectively; your account still possesses the username, you just don't use it for login.
  • ArwenArwen
    Reactions: 2,030
    edited April 2017
    Neospector wrote: »
    Your display name on the forums will still be visible, your email is just used for logging in rather than the username. Minecraft did something similar in order to implement their name change system more effectively; your account still possesses the username, you just don't use it for login.

Display name on the forum =/= Username. I still like logging in using Username. It's unique and shorter than u have to put your email address.
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited April 2017
    Arwen wrote: »
    Display name on the forum =/= Username. I still like logging in using Username. It's unique and shorter than u have to put your email address.

I just use the form fill feature in Chrome. I type one letter and it pops up.
  • GirthquakeGirthquake
    Reactions: 350
    edited April 2017
    you know browsers can remember login information right? that's been a thing for a long time.
  • JulyJuly
    Reactions: 2,720
    edited April 2017
    since they removed the direct launcher, you don't really need to type the login every time you want to play, the nexon launcher save it so its really not much of a effort.

but 12 hours maintenance? o_o
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    July wrote: »
    since they removed the direct launcher, you don't really need to type the login every time you want to play, the nexon launcher save it so its really not much of a effort.

Unless you have more than one account.
    chaoscauser
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    Logging in is already a pain as it is with the forced using of the Nexon Launcher making us use our emails over just makes it even longer...
  • DaxiDaxi
    Reactions: 1,800
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    Logging in is already a pain as it is with the forced using of the Nexon Launcher making us use our emails over just makes it even longer...

The Nexon launcher keeps you logged in and the steam launcher wont let you log out even if you wanted to. :)
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    Daxi wrote: »

The Nexon launcher keeps you logged in.

Unless you have more than one account.
  • KerBansotKerBansot
    Reactions: 1,635
    edited April 2017
    My question is this, the notice doesn't mention game servers as inaccessible -- only game access. Does this mean if you're already logged in, you just pray you don't crash?
  • DaisukeHarutoDaisukeHaruto
    Reactions: 1,935
    edited April 2017
    Ah ha... ha ha no.. Access means everything. Log in servers mean "Oh Deity of Choice don't let me crash now" but that wasn't a stupid question by the way.
  • AlbinorockAlbinorock
    Reactions: 2,205
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    12h? Yeah right lol.
  • DemonluckDemonluck
    Reactions: 615
    edited April 2017
    time to watch youtube or go outside or something this gone to be a long 12hr wait or longer we know how nexon update is about soon it update it take a few hr to something go bad and they how to re do the hold thing like each update
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    Daxi wrote: »

The Nexon launcher keeps you logged in and the steam launcher wont let you log out even if you wanted to. :)

I have two accounts one my EMS account and one my GMS one which I play both daily.. Hopefully one day we can just merge two accounts together in to one so I have all my stuff on one account. As well as being able to go back to region select like we could on game launcher, and maybe it will be like how europe was where we could go back to character select screen instead of log in every time we swapped character... maybe just maybe.

Or maybe they could let us remember multiple accounts on the Nexon Launcher.

Oh and I can't use Steam launcher anyway.