[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

EU Reboot server

EmilEmil
Reactions: 1,200
Member, Private Tester
edited April 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
There has been people talking about a possibility for a reboot server for the EU community, OneLetter and SavageAce has mentioned that it's something they have been discussing. The thing about this though, there hasn't ever really been an expected date for it, a time frame, etc.

Personally, I feel like this would be very nice, as the North American reboot server is currently the most popular server (Apparently it was also completely full at one point earlier this year). I don't think it would hurt reboot in any way if the Europeans got their own server, as reboot isn't a server where currency matters. Also, the lag seems to be gone (from what I can tell, I can't speak for all servers), which seems to be the main thing that made them want to wait, as far as I can tell.

If it is already being worked on, that'd be lovely, and I'll leave you guys to do your thing then.

OneLetter's comment on this from November: http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/comment/10627/#Comment_10627

SavageAce's comment from a livestream in december: https://clips.twitch.tv/AlluringBraveHawkPanicBasket

Now would also be a nice time to start this, as we're getting close to the summer break in most (all?) of Europe. :)
DemiheartDaisukeHarutoRetr0_DafeyFrixxienassikkaAlkobyAlmightymagikarpDiscordOfColorsLairand 7 others.

Comments

• DemiheartDemiheart
    Reactions: 1,360
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    I'd like EU Reboot as well.
    I would love to get an update on the matter.
  • YonaxYonax
    Reactions: 3,016
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    Would be nice!
  • mrwildermrwilder
    Reactions: 220
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    I've been saying that since January. Not gonna coming back 'till then. I've had my fair share of P2W madness in the old days.
  • FlouFlou
    Reactions: 620
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    +1 bring on the EU reboot
    DaisukeHaruto
  • FrixxieFrixxie
    Reactions: 520
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    I'd also like reboot in the european server!
  • Retr0_Retr0_
    Reactions: 2,065
    edited April 2017
    #makeEMSgreatagain
    Been wanting a reboot on ems since i set foot on the GMS one.
  • DafeyDafey
    Reactions: 680
    edited April 2017
    EU Reboot would be great, it should be named Reuboot!
    RikNLBellamazedDemiheartSealStarshadowDiscordOfColorsLair
  • RikNLRikNL
    Reactions: 2,605
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    Dafey wrote: »
    EU Reboot would be great, it should be named Reuboot!

not rEUboot ?
  • MrRaxusMrRaxus
    Reactions: 200
    edited April 2017
    Yea I'd like to have Reboot for Europe as well would be a nice change +1.
  • DamiianDamiian
    Reactions: 630
    edited April 2017
    I wish Nexon gave us an update about Europe Reboot. I'm waiting for it aswell.
    Demiheart
  • PizzapizzaPizzapizza
    Reactions: 200
    edited April 2017
    +1 on the European Reboot!
  • MajmanMajman
    Reactions: 660
    edited April 2017
    Same here, took a break from Maple until they give us one. Feels rather useless tryharding on NA reboot and a month after EU reboot appears.
    BellamazedDemiheart
  • DemiheartDemiheart
    Reactions: 1,360
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    I feel like the biggest issue is that we don't know whether or not we'll get it.
    If we don't get it, tell us, if we do get it, but you don't know when, tell us.
    Talk to your community Nexon!
    DamiianAlmightymagikarpDiscordOfColorsdariksawi032
  • PerceptivityPerceptivity
    Reactions: 2,820
    edited April 2017
    Agreed with what the previous person said, I would also like to get a reply from arwoo, OneLetter or Savageace preferably from savageace on this matter since he is the product manager of maplestory (if im not mistaken o.o)
  • TimesRefluxTimesReflux
    Reactions: 555
    edited April 2017
    +1
  • SealSeal
    Reactions: 1,310
    edited April 2017
    Yea assuming they we have separate server hosts and therefore cause EU players lag playing on the NA server, it's unfair that they wouldn't get their own Reuboot (I like this).
  • DaxiDaxi
    Reactions: 1,800
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    I don't think the market is there for a EU Reboot and I doubt it will happen. Many of us would stay in GMS Reboot, at this point I think the majority of people interested in Reboot are already playing GMS Reboot from the EU and would have no reason to start again.

Would like Nexon to tell people either way though. :)
    Demiheart
  • ArzachelArzachel
    Reactions: 320
    edited April 2017
    Daxi wrote: »
    I don't think the market is there for a EU Reboot and I doubt it will happen. Many of us would stay in GMS Reboot, at this point I think the majority of people interested in Reboot are already playing GMS Reboot from the EU and would have no reason to start again.

There definitely is a market for a EU Reboot server. The idea of Reboot was cool enough to pull me back into the game, but dealing with ~350+ ping just feels bad.
    DiscordOfColors
  • DaxiDaxi
    Reactions: 1,800
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    Arzachel wrote: »

There definitely is a market for a EU Reboot server. The idea of Reboot was cool enough to pull me back into the game, but dealing with ~350+ ping just feels bad.

You do not have the data to support that claim. I gave an opinion, you made a statement of fact.
    TimxGame
  • ArzachelArzachel
    Reactions: 320
    edited April 2017
    You do not have the data to support that claim. I gave an opinion, you made a statement of fact.

Oh, I most definitely do have data to support me being able and willing to use a EU Reboot server and a single person is enough to prove that a market exists.

Since you used a literal reading of my post, surely you didn't use the idiom "No market for n" yourself, that would be hypocritical :)
    DiscordOfColors