[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Biggest MapleStory Fail

Comments

• SealSeal
    Reactions: 1,310
    edited May 2017
    • When I first joined Maple as a kid (like under 13) I invested my SP into HP for my Warrior.
    • Wasted 10,000 NX buying a name change and then accidentally cancelled/undid the request.
    • Attempted gifting a friend a pet, but the request kept failing causing me to try multiple times before accidentally purchasing it for myself.

Edit: Oh god, just remembered a very cringy fail, hopefully I don't get in trouble for admitting to my past crimes. I remember trading NX for mesos, didn't know it was against the rules since I was a kid and stuff (probably lied about my birth year too when I created that account), and I got scammed out of 1,000 NX for a gachapon ticket. Somehow knew this guy was sketchy, refused to sell him anymore until he sent payment, tried convincing me by threatening me that he wouldn't pay until I sent everything at once, yada yada, refused, he left, etc. Proceeded to waste 20k NX on Smegas calling him and his accomplice, the one gifted who was tried acting like he was unaware, out. It's more cringy that I even remember this. :|

Edit 2: Remembered another Maplestory fail. I bought the pet area pick up extension or whatever it's called after seeing a user have a pet that automatically looted on separate platforms, but little did I know that they were botters and botting at the time. Looked pretty legitimate back then compared to the pets now that teleport everywhere really fast, where it would just teleport to the platform above and below the player and let it do it's running/collecting animation. Needless to say, was greatly disappointed after I bought it. And that is how a botter inadvertently benefited Nexon one day.
    Mewelup
  • MewelupMewelup
    Reactions: 825
    edited May 2017
    i used the wrong cube on my weapon, thinking i would be able to preview the new stats, and wiped out my str %s
    :/
  • MewelupMewelup
    edited May 2017
    i used the wrong cube on my weapon, thinking i would be able to preview the new stats, and wiped out my str %s
    :/
  • MewelupMewelup
    edited May 2017
    @Seal I feel your pain with the investing SP into HP on the Warriors... i finally used a SP reset 2 years ago to fix it :/
    Seal wrote: »
    • When I first joined Maple as a kid (like under 13) I invested my SP into HP for my Warrior.
    • Wasted 10,000 NX buying a name change and then accidentally cancelled/undid the request.
    • Attempted gifting a friend a pet, but the request kept failing causing me to try multiple times before accidentally purchasing it for myself.

Edit: Oh god, just remembered a very cringy fail, hopefully I don't get in trouble for admitting to my past crimes. I remember trading NX for mesos, didn't know it was against the rules since I was a kid and stuff (probably lied about my birth year too when I created that account), and I got scammed out of 1,000 NX for a gachapon ticket. Somehow knew this guy was sketchy, refused to sell him anymore until he sent payment, tried convincing me by threatening me that he wouldn't pay until I sent everything at once, yada yada, refused, he left, etc. Proceeded to waste 20k NX on Smegas calling him and his accomplice, the one gifted who was tried acting like he was unaware, out. It's more cringy that I even remember this. :|

Edit 2: Remembered another Maplestory fail. I bought the pet area pick up extension or whatever it's called after seeing a user have a pet that automatically looted on separate platforms, but little did I know that they were botters and botting at the time. Looked pretty legitimate back then compared to the pets now that teleport everywhere really fast, where it would just teleport to the platform above and below the player and let it do it's running/collecting animation. Needless to say, was greatly disappointed after I bought it. And that is how a botter inadvertently benefited Nexon one day.

• SealSeal
    Reactions: 1,310
    edited May 2017
    Mewelup wrote: »
    @Seal I feel your pain with the investing SP into HP on the Warriors... i finally used a SP reset 2 years ago to fix it :/

SP invested HP can now be reset with a SP reset? :o I forgot the login credentials to the account anyways, but the character was only around level 50 plus it has a scrambled name now haha.
  • CrivenseCrivense
    Reactions: 800
    edited May 2017
    Mine as to be rerolling a 30% att legendary pot on my sw bow.
  • QuickDrawerQuickDrawer
    Reactions: 1,750
    edited May 2017
    mine would be buying 25k nx on my bday and blowing all on 90 day items without knowing but at least I got a perm pet but I don't play in that server anymore so I'm rip
  • GargulaGargula
    Reactions: 855
    edited May 2017
    My biggest fail was when I gave my account/email to some random guy, cuz he said he needed it to get me a Zakum Helm (it was in 2007-2008).
  • camra94camra94
    Reactions: 760
    edited May 2017
    Boomed my Ghost Ship Exorcist badge with a 90% pot scroll years ago.
  • HakufuHakufu
    Reactions: 1,155
    edited May 2017
    Bragging about leveling fast (Pre-big bang) and then promptly getting banned because of many false reports of hacking.
  • RikNLRikNL
    Reactions: 2,605
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    camra94 wrote: »
    Boomed my Ghost Ship Exorcist badge with a 90% pot scroll years ago.

Replace it with a Sengoku Hakase Badge when Sengoku Leaf High returns
  • MewBlueberryMewBlueberry
    Reactions: 1,530
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    Another fail I got... Up until now, I didn't use link skills cause I thought "link" meant, ya know, webpage link. And you know how Angelic Buster's link skill is called "Terms and Conditions"? I thought if I used AB's link skill, it would open up a link to Maplestory's TOS
    JettLuvsUShinewinddeadend5193
  • BlazeAxenBlazeAxen
    Reactions: 500
    edited June 2017
    Biggest Maple Fail

When Nexon redid the entire Buccaneer tree for Pirates. FLASH FIST WAS A GOOD THING DANGIT!!! *
  • ZqribbleZqribble
    Reactions: 515
    edited June 2017
    So this fail was preceded by a stroke of good fortune when someone quitting gave me 1m mesos almost a decade ago when 1m meant something(maybe not; it was a lot to me). Shortly thereafter I had been grinding or something and someone offered to help level me and since I didn't know any better, I handed over my acc. and was overjoyed. Couldn't log in for a few days or so and after I could all my mesos were gone and I'm pretty sure my char was naked. Changed my password immediately and I never trusted anyone ever again. RIP me.
  • AznboiEAznboiE
    Reactions: 3,445
    edited June 2017
    I thought INT would make my Paladin's elemental charges stronger back before Big Bang (Yes I bought AP resets from the cash shop to get those points back)

Also bought 5% css by accident a few times instead of 10% (dude put them between 2 stacks of 10%s in his hired merch to trick people)

• KerBansotKerBansot
    Reactions: 1,635
    edited June 2017
    Glirotus wrote: »
    :o

Another would be towering the ludi lower under-leveled ending up in omega sector with no tower scrolls.

:o

Me on my first char. Level 30 thunder breaker. Stuck there for 3 months. No joke.
  • MewBlueberryMewBlueberry
    Reactions: 1,530
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    AznboiE wrote: »
    I thought INT would make my Paladin's elemental charges stronger back before Big Bang

At least your Paladin will be smart!

• LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    edited June 2017
    Biggest maplestory fail is when nexon messed up the classes.
    DeeMon
  • TamireliaTamirelia
    Reactions: 1,335
    edited June 2017
    Gonna have to go with when I was making a sair, got her good Royal hair and eyes, then accidentally made her into a bucc.
    I ended up deleting the character because she was fully invested in dex.
  • YuuikoYuuiko
    Reactions: 1,130
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    I tried to complete the afterlands quest on 3 different characters just to have it break every time, big mistake.