[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.218 Awake: Ascend to Mastery Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts
Closed

Is this who you want representing Nexon?

MaryseMaryse
Reactions: 6,540
Posts: 529
Member
edited May 2017 in General Chat
Since @Arwoo has been avoiding Reddit like the plague, he's sent over @NeoSpector to do his dirty work, like post the results of the survey.
As expected, people are, for a lack of a better way to say this, ripping him a new one.

However... that's not the worst of it, but the way @NeoSpector decides to write his posts.
Is this who you want representing Nexon? @OneLetter @Arwoo @SavageAce
It is of my understanding that, you may face consequences on this forums for things you say on another platform.

-Removed-
Link to post.

-Removed-
Link to post.

-Removed-
Link to post.

Just a few examples.
I sure hope you won't be turning a blind eye to this.

Now please, do lock my thread.

EDIT:
3dRfzjC.jpg
As expected. Talk about hypocrisy.

Comments

  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,935
    Posts: 2,669
    Member
    edited May 2017
    Maryse wrote: »
    Since @Arwoo has been avoiding Reddit like the plague, he's sent over @NeoSpector to do his dirty work, like post the results of the survey.
    As expected, people are, for a lack of a better way to say this, ripping him a new one.

    However... that's not the worst of it, but the way @NeoSpector decides to write his posts.
    Is this who you want representing Nexon? @OneLetter @Arwoo @SavageAce
    It is of my understanding that, you may face consequences on this forums for things you say on another platform.

    -Removed-
    Link to post.

    -Removed-
    Link to post.

    -Removed-
    Link to post.

    Just a few examples.
    I sure hope you won't be turning a blind eye to this.

    Now please, do lock my thread.

    EDIT:
    3dRfzjC.jpg
    As expected.

    The admins themselves are bound by nexon policy. they either face consequences themselves for not upholding the rules or they get mass negative feedback for doing so. Id say it's a strategic move if he is avoiding reddit, so nothing gets out of hand for what happened the other day.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 39,055
    Posts: 5,908
    Volunteer Forum Moderator, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    I don't think Arwoo sent Neospector to post the survey results, or to defend him in general.
    Neospector has always been a Nexon white knight of his own free will.
    As for the language he uses - well, it's reddit, he doesn't have to abide by our rules there. Or does he?

    Anyway, this is part of why I said, in the survey results thread, that posting it at end-of-day Friday was not a good idea. Whatever happens on the weekend, either here or on the subreddit, will only be seen by staff on Monday.
  • MaryseMaryse
    Reactions: 6,540
    Posts: 529
    Member
    edited May 2017
    The admins themselves are bound by nexon policy. they either face consequences themselves for not upholding the rules or they get mass negative feedback for doing so. Id say it's a strategic move if he is avoiding reddit, so nothing gets out of hand for what happened the other day.
    Completely avoiding the issue and avoiding a WHOLE community won't make things better either.
    AKradian wrote: »
    As for the language he uses - well, it's reddit, he doesn't have to abide by our rules there. Or does he?
    I don't see why not?
    Aggraphine had to pay on here for something he said on Reddit, why shouldn't it be the same with Neospector?
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,235
    Posts: 2,018
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited May 2017
    No, I will not lock your thread, and I've always found it somewhat insulting when others attempt to goad myself into locking threads for the sake of controversy. If I have overstepped my bounds, I will be warned.
    I have specifically stated that I personally believe that social platforms are separate, but specifically noted that I was not going to get involved in the discussion. So calling me a "hypocrite", as you did in the Discord if we want to bring other platforms into this discussion, is not only rude but blatantly false. Please be more civil.

    I'm going to continue enforcing the rules as I've always done and make sure everyone treats everyone else with respect. When your thread violates the rules, it will be locked. This thread does not violate any rules that I can see, and if you want to have a civil discussion regarding this behavior then I have no objections.
  • MaryseMaryse
    Reactions: 6,540
    Posts: 529
    Member
    edited May 2017
    Neospector wrote: »
    No, I will not lock your thread, and I've always found it somewhat insulting when others attempt to goad myself into locking threads for the sake of controversy. If I have overstepped my bounds, I will be warned.
    I have specifically stated that I personally believe that social platforms are separate, but specifically noted that I was not going to get involved in the discussion. So calling me a "hypocrite", as you did in the Discord if we want to bring other platforms into this discussion, is not only rude but blatantly false. Please be more civil.

    I'm going to continue enforcing the rules as I've always done and make sure everyone treats everyone else with respect. When your thread violates the rules, it will be locked. This thread does not violate any rules that I can see, and if you want to have a civil discussion regarding this behavior then I have no objections.
    Only warned? You're representing Nexon and by doing that on Reddit, that's not a good representation, if you ask me.
    Aggraphine did much less than you're doing right now, and he got banned. I don't think a simple warning is warranted here.

    It is not blatantly false, you're removing swears on this website while swearing up a storm on another platform.
    If that's not the definition of hypocrisy, I don't know what is. Here's the definition, for reference:
    EGfR9dI.jpg
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,235
    Posts: 2,018
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited May 2017
    Maryse wrote: »
    Only warned? You're representing Nexon and by doing that on Reddit, that's not a good representation, if you ask me.
    Aggraphine did much less than you're doing right now, and he got banned. I don't think a simple warning is warranted here.

    It is not blatantly false, you're removing swears on this website while swearing up a storm on another platform.
    If that's not the definition of hypocrisy, I don't know what is. Here's the definition, for reference:
    EGfR9dI.jpg

    As far as I know, I'm being extremely civil compared to you right now.

    Warned, fired, whatever punishment is justified if justified.

    I believe personally that social platforms are separate and that the rules should be enforced individually. This forum has rules about swearing. Reddit does not.

    I don't want to fight you. I don't want to fight anyone. We're mature adults and we can handle ourselves with dignity and treat each other with respect. Please do not drag personal feuds into threads, we can have a rational discussion about this, and name-calling is unnecessary.
  • MaryseMaryse
    Reactions: 6,540
    Posts: 529
    Member
    edited May 2017
    I'm not sure what kind of personal feud and/or name-calling you're talking about, I never had a problem with you.
    If you're counting "hypocrite" as name calling then I don't know what to tell you.
    Niightseeker
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,235
    Posts: 2,018
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited May 2017
    Maryse wrote: »
    I'm not sure what kind of personal feud and/or name-calling you're talking about, I never had a problem with you.
    If you're counting "hypocrite" as name calling then I don't know what to tell you.

    It's rather personal to attack individual users for expressing their opinion, yes.
    I do find it rather insulting to be called a hypocrite, despite the fact that I have explicitly stated that I agree with you. And I do find it rather personal to be used as cannon fodder for an argument I have explicitly stated I want no part in.

    You can discuss, civilly, rules and how rule enforcement is handled. But I don't wish to have to defend myself against accusations of being a hypocrite, nor should anyone else have to. The forums shouldn't be a place to start arguments.
    I can do what I can to send feedback and moderate the community, all I ask is that people treat others nicely. Or at least, with some respect. even if you must argue.
  • OneLetterOneLetter
    Reactions: 6,370
    Posts: 129
    Member
    edited May 2017
    I will lock this thread however. If you have an issue with a moderator, please file a report to myself or Arwoo, or via a Customer Support ticket >> https://support-maplestory.nexon.net/hc/en-us

    Direct call outs are not permitted per the rules of the forums, for any user, whether admin, mod, or player.
This discussion has been closed.