[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Suggesting: 2 levelling up options & benefits

FlowerdewFlowerdew
Reactions: 1,190
edited May 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Hello,

While I like it to have the opportunity to level up fast, I also miss the time when leveling up was slower. I notice that I have actually lost motivation with such a fast leveling up, though I like the fact that we can get to know a character, and choose whether we want to give it more attention and dedication, in like for example what I am suggesting below:

How about giving two simultaneous options, with benefits:

A fast leveling up, with the usual skills, and an option for a simultaneous slow level up, from the start of the character - keeping the same inventory: it's one and the same character at two different levels and building up modes, between which we could switch.

So a slow level up where we could develop additional skills, like stance for all characters, additional attacks (& visual effects for the fun), more HP, status resistance, as well as building up some equipment, like badges, pendants & others, also improve the stats on our existing high lvl / end-game equipment, like attack & others, including potential (more lines? better pot?), which we'll be able to equip at the corresponding lvl ... you get it. And much more could be added, like specific pets, chairs, cover equips & effects linked to a possible story line, and other benefits from a slower level up. All could be teamed with NX - not compulsory, but giving a bit of support or advantages.

And anytime, it could be possible for us to go back to whichever level we have reached with the fast leveling up, but with only the benefits of the fast level up.

I'd love to see such a feature

Wishing everyone a Happy Mapling :)

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    Nobody is stopping you from leveling up as slowly as you would like, doing all the story quests and mini-dungeons and blockbusters and etc.

If you need all those extra skills and damage and equips and other extra benefits for slow leveling, then you don't really want to level slowly.
  • AlanDahManAlanDahMan
    Reactions: 610
    edited May 2017
    First, I don't consider leveling after lv 200 as fast.

I was thinking, what if maplestory is still like the pre-big bang one.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Maplestory/comments/4fbn2y/make_a_legacy_version_of_maplestory/
    I found a lot of good comments/opinions from this thread. Maybe you can read it. At least, I prefer the current maplestory in many ways.