[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Can we get transparency or best steps for reports

JushiroNetJushiroNet
Reactions: 6,160
Member, Private Tester
edited May 2017 in General Chat
I understand you can't give details on evidence used against hackers and all that which is 100% fine with me.

What we really need to know though is the best way to report hackers and what evidence is needed [from players, if any] to ensure people hacking/botting to 250 actually get dealt with.

Current efforts are not working so feel free to tell us how we can help you, nexon.

Some relevant/related threads with no responses from nexon:

http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/11488/can-we-talk-about-live-chat-and-reporting-hackers#latest
http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/11874/some-questions-about-hackers#latest
http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/11877/bring-back-lie-detectors-or-something-similar#latest
JettLuvsU

Comments

• DaisukeHarutoDaisukeHaruto
    Reactions: 1,935
    edited May 2017
    best I've found was the website - Support - Report.
    But I love telling people to get one used Karma Koin card, tears of the butthurt, three hairs from Patrick Stewart's head and find the incantation to summon the Godly GMCares4Players that escaped downsizing by hiding as one of the Billing people coming up with pay2win items. it's not true but the absurdity makes it funny
    forumsareannoying
  • PeepPeep
    Reactions: 3,950
    edited May 2017
    I'd be willing to live stream the hackers/botters if it meant they were dealt with for sure. I already think I provide more than enough evidence and really it's up to the GMs to follow up on it but lately there hasn't been much action. At least not in the right places. When you have people that are able to hack their way to 250 you know someone is doing something wrong.
    edited May 2017
    well picture this... long ago there was five GMs per world at any given time... now there seems to be one GM per 3 worlds unless there is an event and then they bring everyone that's not busy with the money side of things to host the games. though it's still one per world.
    Not sure how true it is... but it seems the most logical thing to how long it takes them to investigate.
  • TanyaTanya
    Reactions: 1,230
    edited May 2017
    I also have some hacker reporting questions as well. I usually do not take screenshots of hackers and use the in game reporting function instead. Does in-game report actually work or will reporting via ticket yield better results?

When reporting via ticket on the website, is a list of hacker IGNs with the time, channel, map & type of hacking sufficient enough for a report- or would screenshots of each hacker be better proof? What type of proof is so incriminating to Nexon that it would result in an instant ban?

Which type of report gets investigated faster, in game report or ticket report?

I'm curious :P
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    This is important, I hope we can get more than.

"We're totally investigating all the reports"

Players in game are watching people get away with it for months and months something is broken in the process somewhere.
    edited May 2017
    Tanya wrote: »
    I also have some hacker reporting questions as well. I usually do not take screenshots of hackers and use the in game reporting function instead. Does in-game report actually work or will reporting via ticket yield better results?

When reporting via ticket on the website, is a list of hacker IGNs with the time, channel, map & type of hacking sufficient enough for a report- or would screenshots of each hacker be better proof? What type of proof is so incriminating to Nexon that it would result in an instant ban?

Which type of report gets investigated faster, in game report or ticket report?

I'm curious :P

personally I think the ingame reporting was disabled but kept as a meso sink. Go with the website reporting with pictures and information.
    TanyaJettLuvsU
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    One of the CMs posted that the in game reporting was broken at one point. I can't recall if it was artasi or kthnxbaimeow but if it was ever fixed I missed the memo.
    Tanya
  • TanyaTanya
    Reactions: 1,230
    edited May 2017
    Thanks guys, I had no idea that in game reporting was broken at some point, I'd be curious to find out what happened with that too.
    I'll stick to the ticket system then ;)
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    Why should I play an mmo which is all about working toward improvement when countless around me just hack/bot and get away with it? GM reports do nothing. Meso value plummeting.

Cool game tbh.
    JettLuvsU
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    In-game reporting was broken at one point, but we were told it was fixed.

Also, no evidence you submit is "so incriminating that it would result in an instant ban." Evidence can be, and has been, faked. Even videos. So no matter what you submit, a GM has to go observe the cheater in-game, for them to get banned.
    Your screenshots and videos can help by pointing out what the GM should be looking for, but that's it.
    JettLuvsU
    edited May 2017
    AKradian wrote: »

Also, no evidence you submit is "so incriminating that it would result in an instant ban." Evidence can be, and has been, faked. Even videos. So no matter what you submit, a GM has to go observe the cheater in-game, for them to get banned.
    Your screenshots and videos can help by pointing out what the GM should be looking for, but that's it.

I see anything to be more helpful than nothing. Even if it's just a picture (I had a picture of a vac-hacker sucking up items into a spiral which got attention quick, unpleasant attention but quick attention) even that will give a better idea of what to look for and more information on Where to look if you have your map up.
  • PeepPeep
    Reactions: 3,950
    edited May 2017
    AKradian wrote: »

Already do vids but live streaming is different. Even if it's faked Nexon can easily check if it's real or not based on the information that is available to them.