[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.220 Moonlight Magic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

MapleStory X Re:ZERO Cash Shop Update Changes

ArwooArwoo
Reactions: 17,725
Posts: 498
Member
edited May 2017 in Vault
Greetings Maplers,

Our community has expressed a great deal of feedback regarding our recent decision to include all the items from our Re:ZERO collaboration to Reboot and Non-Reboot worlds. More specifically, the community has voiced their concern with the introduction of the Re:ZERO medals as part of the available list of items on Reboot.

For the fans of Re:ZERO, we didn’t want to exclude any server from the exclusive items that could be acquired from this collaboration event. However, this decision came with our vocal Maplers stating that the medal is an advantage favoring those who purchase NX. We want to inform our Maplers that after much internal discussions, we’ve decided to remove the medals from our list of available items which could be obtained from the Re:ZERO Random Box on Reboot.

In addition to removing the medals from the Re:ZERO Random Box on Reboot, we’ve also made adjustments to the price of the Re:ZERO Random Box for both Reboot and Non-Reboot worlds.

Changes made:
  • Life in Another World Medal removed from the Re:ZERO Random Box on Reboot
  • Re:ZERO Medal removed from the Re:ZERO Random Box on Reboot
  • Permanent Pendant Slot removed from the Re:ZERO Random Box on Reboot
  • Re:ZERO Random Box NX Cost reduced from 4,000 NX to 3,200 NX on Non-Reboot Worlds
  • Re:ZERO Random Box NX Cost reduced from 4,000 NX to 2,200 NX on Reboot
  • Re:ZERO Random Box Meso reduced from 500,000,000 Mesos to 100,000,000 Mesos on Reboot

Thank you for the feedback and we hope you enjoy the MapleStory X Re:ZERO crossover event.

- MapleStory Team
RollsRonRonHiroki05ahgaseNeospectorPengyxOtakuCuzMeAlexFMicrosoftand 13 others.

Comments

  • HeinekenHeroHeinekenHero
    Reactions: 1,460
    Posts: 135
    Member
    edited May 2017
    I think you took the complaints the wrong way. Especially since the boxes are still for nx and no longer contain the cross over items people wanted.
    Syllvirperemeclink37890n0ReasonZambookiiforumsareannoyingRissanessWillowRosenberg
  • MicrosoftMicrosoft
    Reactions: 755
    Posts: 18
    Member
    edited May 2017
    Is Nexon going to introduce an alternative non-NX way to get the medals in Reboot? Maybe a long questline?
    Rissaness
  • iRiveniRiven
    Reactions: 510
    Post: 1
    Member
    edited May 2017
    Wow, did not expect this. Thanks a lot for listening to the community!
    JettLuvsU
  • HeinekenHeroHeinekenHero
    Reactions: 1,460
    Posts: 135
    Member
    edited May 2017
    Microsoft wrote: »
    Is Nexon going to introduce an alternative non-NX way to get the medals in Reboot? Maybe a long questline?

    Doesn't seem like it
  • HeinekenHeroHeinekenHero
    Reactions: 1,460
    Posts: 135
    Member
    edited May 2017
    Because non reboot players complained about reboot getting medals for mesos they must be removed. Instead of just making the boxes for mesos only which would removed the pay2win aspect they keep them for nx and remove items so only reg can obtain.
  • SyllvirSyllvir
    Reactions: 685
    Posts: 7
    Member
    edited May 2017
    Good job trolls, now not only do we no longer have the items we wanted, the boxes still cost NX. This is why we can't have nice things. People getting triggered because they can't get an extra 10 ATT on their medal guaranteed. Sad.
    Rissaness
  • HeinekenHeroHeinekenHero
    Reactions: 1,460
    Posts: 135
    Member
    edited May 2017
    Syllvir wrote: »
    Good job trolls, now not only do we no longer have the items we wanted, the boxes still cost NX. This is why we can't have nice things. People getting triggered because they can't get an extra 10 ATT on their medal guaranteed. Sad.

    exactly XD nexon literally still makes item boxes on reboot for nx. All they did was remove crossover content for reboot.
  • HeinekenHeroHeinekenHero
    Reactions: 1,460
    Posts: 135
    Member
    edited May 2017
    @AlexF The point was to remove the p2w aspec which they could have done by removing the nx option or another way to get medal. Instead they keep the boxes for nx and remove items that every other server will benefit from. Lots of people were lookign forward to them. They merely said since we complained we dont get it anymore meaning that in the future people will not complain as they do not wish to lose BIS items.
    Rissaness
  • SyllvirSyllvir
    Reactions: 685
    Posts: 7
    Member
    edited May 2017
    @AlexF we lost the best items in the box + the best looking medals in my opinion.
  • ZambookiiZambookii
    Reactions: 815
    Posts: 40
    Member
    edited May 2017
    Can you guys add the medals in another way?
  • HeinekenHeroHeinekenHero
    Reactions: 1,460
    Posts: 135
    Member
    edited May 2017
    Zambookii wrote: »
    Can you guys add the medals in another way?

    No because that would benefit people. If nexon isn't making money off it then why would htey? Also we complained so this is our punishment.
  • VaralityVarality
    Reactions: 530
    Post: 1
    Member
    edited May 2017
    I think you missed the points of the criticisms being made for this event. It was not the medals being available in Reboot that was the issue, it was an issue because these medals (which are BiS and coveted by many players) are able to acquired through NX payments. As argued exhaustively by many players, the acquisition through NX was the issue. Since you have not stated that the medals can be attained elsewhere, I feel it unfair to remove the medals for Reboot players. Why does it HAVE to be attained through NX purchases? I was personally looking forward to and it's all I really cared for in this Re:Zero event. I don't see why Reboot players need to lose out on such a good medal.

    Ultimately, I think the compromise should have been to remove the NX cost from the boxes. In light of promised transparency, can you provide proper justification for the current decision to remove it from the boxes and not the one advocated by other Maplers (remove NX cost)?
    RollsZambookiiHASUEHASSealShadEightlink37890IvangoldforumsareannoyingHiroki05Roseoleand 3 others.
  • HeinekenHeroHeinekenHero
    Reactions: 1,460
    Posts: 135
    Member
    edited May 2017
    They didn't miss the point. They just don't care about the benefit of the community. There was was no way they would make the obvious decision when there is still money to be made.
    WillowRosenberg
  • ZambookiiZambookii
    Reactions: 815
    Posts: 40
    Member
    edited May 2017
    Varality wrote: »
    I think you missed the points of the criticisms being made for this event. It was not the medals being available in Reboot that was the issue, it was an issue because these medals (which are BiS and coveted by many players) are able to acquired through NX payments. As argued exhaustively by many players, the acquisition through NX was the issue. Since you have not stated that the medals can be attained elsewhere, I feel it unfair to remove the medals for Reboot players. Why does it HAVE to be attained through NX purchases? I was personally looking forward to and it's all I really cared for in this Re:Zero event. I don't see why Reboot players need to lose out on such a good medal.

    Ultimately, I think the compromise should have been to remove the NX cost from the boxes. In light of promised transparency, can you provide proper justification for the current decision to remove it from the boxes and not the one advocated by other Maplers (remove NX cost)?

    Exactly I don't think people were complaining about the medal just how the price was 500mill..now that's it's 100 mill I dont think that is too bad. Did you guys even read what people were arguing about?
  • xOtakuxOtaku
    Reactions: 1,355
    Posts: 108
    Member
    edited May 2017
    Varality wrote: »
    In light of promised transparency, can you provide proper justification for the current decision to remove it from the boxes and not the one advocated by other Maplers (remove NX cost)?

    Because they won't make any money from those boxes and removing the medal from just the nx boxes would be too hard of a task for a company like nexon
  • RollsRolls
    Reactions: 3,220
    Posts: 177
    Member
    edited May 2017
    Arwoo wrote: »
    Our community has expressed a great deal of feedback regarding our recent decision to include all the items from our Re:ZERO collaboration to Reboot and Non-Reboot worlds. More specifically, the community has voiced their concern with the introduction of the Re:ZERO medals as part of the available list of items on Reboot.

    I'd also like to address the issue of suspicions that Nexon was basically testing the waters with these boxes. The idea that if the community let this slip, Nexon would continue adding P2W aspects to Reboot knowing that they could get away with it.

    To say it as it is, I'll ask the question: Was this an intention with these boxes?

    If you would be so kind to respond, the community would certainly highly appreciate it.
  • SyllvirSyllvir
    Reactions: 685
    Posts: 7
    Member
    edited May 2017
    Rolls wrote: »
    Arwoo wrote: »
    Our community has expressed a great deal of feedback regarding our recent decision to include all the items from our Re:ZERO collaboration to Reboot and Non-Reboot worlds. More specifically, the community has voiced their concern with the introduction of the Re:ZERO medals as part of the available list of items on Reboot.

    I'd also like to address the issue of suspicions that Nexon was basically testing the waters with these boxes. The idea that if the community let this slip, Nexon would continue adding P2W aspects to Reboot knowing that they could get away with it.

    To say it as it is, I'll ask the question: Was this an intention with these boxes?

    If you would be so kind to respond, the community would certainly highly appreciate it.


    You're reading too much into it, they aren't testing waters, it's just a mistake. P2W should be kept out of Reboot, but thanks to people being triggered by 10 ATT, now we just straight up get less content.
  • HeinekenHeroHeinekenHero
    Reactions: 1,460
    Posts: 135
    Member
    edited May 2017
    Rolls wrote: »
    Arwoo wrote: »
    Our community has expressed a great deal of feedback regarding our recent decision to include all the items from our Re:ZERO collaboration to Reboot and Non-Reboot worlds. More specifically, the community has voiced their concern with the introduction of the Re:ZERO medals as part of the available list of items on Reboot.

    I'd also like to address the issue of suspicions that Nexon was basically testing the waters with these boxes. The idea that if the community let this slip, Nexon would continue adding P2W aspects to Reboot knowing that they could get away with it.

    To say it as it is, I'll ask the question: Was this an intention with these boxes?

    If you would be so kind to respond, the community would certainly highly appreciate it.

    They'll never admit it, but it's so obvious. Nexon knows we will let them do anything that is why this game is still around and they do the same thing with every event just worse and worse.
  • icreationicreation
    Reactions: 100
    Post: 1
    Member
    edited May 2017
    I just wanted the medal... T.T
    You guys took the complaints in a wrong way.
    Now there is no way to get the medals in reboot
  • HASUEHASHASUEHAS
    Reactions: 740
    Posts: 18
    Member
    edited May 2017
    Nice on the price reduction but too bad you removed the only thing worth buying the box for. What people wanted was the option of purchasing them with NX in reboot removed and a price reduction from the ridiculous 500m price, but I guess it's too much to ask Nexon to care about things that don't make them money. You say you don't want to exclude any server from event exclusives but this is doing exactly that, the best item from the event we are no longer able to get in reboot.
    SealMINSMSperemeclink37890n0ReasonShadEightforumsareannoying