[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

When did you make your first character?

MewelupMewelup
Reactions: 825
edited May 2017 in General Chat
Lets hear when everyone started playing maplestory, doesnt matter if you made it, played for a couple months and then took a year break, and then came back, I want to know the year you made your first character (and maybe even if you still have the character!)
Im just curious about how many ''old timers'' we have here :]
  1. What year did you start playing Maplestory? (when you created your first character)37 votes
    1. 2003
       3% (1 vote)
    2. 2004
       14% (5 votes)
    3. 2005
       19% (7 votes)
    4. 2006
       22% (8 votes)
    5. 2007
       14% (5 votes)
    6. 2008
       8% (3 votes)
    7. 2009
       3% (1 vote)
    8. 2010
       0% (0 votes)
    9. 2011
       3% (1 vote)
    10. 2012
       5% (2 votes)
    11. 2013
       0% (0 votes)
    12. 2014
       3% (1 vote)
    13. 2015
       0% (0 votes)
    14. 2016
       5% (2 votes)
    15. 2017
       3% (1 vote)

Comments

• MewelupMewelup
    Reactions: 825
    edited May 2017
    2005 for me, and I still main the same character.
    I took several breaks here and there, but always came crawling back <3
  • TubaTuba
    Reactions: 3,175
    edited May 2017
    I played on the test server for the beta release, but I forgot what the server was called. Wiki says it was called Tespia, but I'm 95% sure it was called something else. I don't remember the date either lmao.
    Mewelup
  • OkhuraOkhura
    Reactions: 4,185
    edited May 2017
    2009, just before the KoC release in EMS.
    One of my earliest memories is writing down the answers for the quiz book thing.
    Mewelup
  • PerceptivityPerceptivity
    Reactions: 2,820
    edited May 2017
    I started playing back on 2008 before pirate class was released, i was invited to start playing maple with a friend, it took me 2 weeks to reach level 30 those where the days :D Sadly i dont have that character left since it was an ice lightning mage with like 40 str or something haha :')
    Mewelupthatplant
  • YonaxYonax
    Reactions: 3,016
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    I think it was 2005, I remember i have been playing GMS for at least 2-3 years, before EMS got officially released.
    I/L mage in Helios Tower was amazing!
  • scholar624scholar624
    Reactions: 3,315
    edited May 2017
    Started MS in 2006 with my first cleric, shortly after graduating High School and starting my first year of community college. Was rather refreshing way of talking with others; plus flinging fireballs nicely takes the edge off after waiting tables all day.
  • FennekinFennekin
    Reactions: 2,941
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    lol 2005. I still have the character - a lvl 12 warrior named Neopian1 that has like 40 str and 10 dex/int/luk (cuz I thought you were supposed to have well-rounded stats like in RuneScape, and no, not talking about "pures" lol).
  • MysteryMystery
    Reactions: 1,345
    edited May 2017
    Started playing my first char in 2006, an archer called Mara65. Loved sniping in henesys hunting grounds hunting for panlids to get 'rich'
  • thatplantthatplant
    Reactions: 765
    edited May 2017
    I've been playing MapleStory on and off for 10 years already. Been playing since I was 9 years old, can't believe how young I was. I still find a way to come back and each time there would be a drastic change in the game. Crazy how things changed back then vs. now.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited May 2017
    Initial release, I was in 6th grade. Im now working on my Bachelor's Degree. First character is still there in Windia, but now I play Reboot 99% of the time.
  • LadysioLadysio
    Reactions: 1,725
    edited May 2017
    Ahh back when i started i was fresh to pc gaming as a whole and played maple like daily and now 15 yea...holy 15 YEARS OF MAPLE WHAT EVEN IS MY LIFE!

*sigh* and now im sad cause i feels old...
    JettLuvsU
  • RailBirdRailBird
    Reactions: 2,450
    edited May 2017
    2005 for me.
    Someone on another game's forum told me that some game called MapleStory was finally allowing people to create an account (open beta I think it was) so I checked it out, but being from Europe the connection was awful at the time so I think I played for a whole 2 hours :P
    After that I played over at EuropeMS when they got their own server but returned to GMS for the Demon Slayer/Mercedes releases.
  • ChloekinzzChloekinzz
    Reactions: 720
    edited June 2017
    I remember checking out the Beta version back in the day, how limited it was, just trying everything on in cash shop not being able to buy anything, it was mostly aesthetic stuff back then, not being able to travel outside of Victoria Island, when the Balrog was the hard monster everyone feared, everyone low level was desperate to get a glimpse of him haha. I then created a proper account early 2006, been playing on/off ever since, can't believe how much it's changed.
  • PhoenixKumoPhoenixKumo
    Reactions: 2,730
    edited June 2017
    Umm... The year I created my first character is hazy because my cousin introduced me to the game when I was in junior high and that was ages ago. I played for a little while, forgot about it for a time, and then got back into it after a friend showed a video of a Zakum run, which is when I really started playing. That was when I might've still been in my last year of junior high or just beginning high school I don't remember. All I remember was that the time I created my very, very first character was probably also the time before Orbis was released.
  • foussiremixfoussiremix
    Reactions: 2,335
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    I was 6 years old at that time lol, my brother introduced me to the game and explained everything
    My first char was a mage , who I leveled than to 30. took me Months though.
    Than i got such a free hair coupon from a quest and than had to delete my char because of the hair.
    Well i still love the game and changes.
    I had so many adventures with my first char .
    *Nostalgia feels*
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited June 2017
    2005 just before they released 3rd Job, Zakum, and Ludibrium (not sure which order was which). I was originally a Warrior (never made to 2nd job), then made a Fire/Poison Wizard. It was the start of my adventure for my first MMO. You can say Ant Tunnel was the first Dungeon I've been to, and Kerning Party Quest to be my first time I partied with other players. I got to see Orbis, El Nath, Ludibrium, Omega Sector, Aqua Road, Leafre, Korean Folk Town, Mu Lung, New Leaf City and many more as more and more content was being released time and time again. It was just a massive game before I looked back and realized it.

Little did I know this would still be one of the games I'd be playing today. I main a Dual Blade which I made during it's release for Chains of Hell.

It's been a long journey in the online world. I've seen and experience so many firsts.