[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Disabling censorship and a 1920x1080 resolution

lampsundaelampsundae
Reactions: 1,060
edited October 2016 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
I've played this game since pre big bang, and Its incredible to me that after all these years, long die hard fans of the game still see words like "Can also" as "C** **so". A lot of the people who play this game aren't children, and should be given the option to actually have a conversation without half of their speech being censored. Also, 1920x1080 resolutions have become exponentially more common than they were in 2006. Considering that the max resolution of the game is nowhere near this, it seems odd that something like this wouldn't have happened way earlier.
DedicatedBMKitties

Comments

• FawkoFawko
    Reactions: 2,360
    edited October 2016
    I support both of these
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited October 2016
    1080p was brought up on the old forums, and for various reasons brought up therein, it's likely that they are not going to implement it.
  • YuniorYunior
    Reactions: 1,575
    edited October 2016
    For real please the censorship is ridiculous. Even if we have to raise the rating at this point, please.
  • gamechangergamechanger
    Reactions: 3,460
    edited October 2016
    Michael (@KthxBaiNao) has said that he is working with NexonNA on relaxing the chat filter and that we should expect to see at least partial results of this relatively soon. Hopefully with the EMS merge we will see significant relaxation of the filter
  • KittiesKitties
    Reactions: 1,245
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    The resolution would depend on Korean decisions likely. Maps would need revamps to fit a larger resolution. I not think GMS can independently change it.
  • KlaraKlara
    Reactions: 3,385
    edited October 2016
    A lot of players do act like children though and continue to use vulgar and offensive language, even if asked not to. The filter is constantly being bypassed by adding [, ], as well as other letters and symbols, particularly with swearing. So Nexon, please don't uncensor profanity; it's vital to filter out such words because it's unpleasant to read such hateful language from immature maplers.
  • BIackbeanBIackbean
    Reactions: 3,450
    edited October 2016
    yes the censors are really **** (dumb) and also I still do not know why cc8 is censored
    lampsundae