[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

MapleStory X Re:ZERO Cash Shop Update Changes

Comments

• BunnySakiBunnySaki
    Reactions: 1,185
    edited May 2017
    Still havent removed soul enchanters I see. The best feeling is spending money or mesos to get something you can farm for, thanks Nexon.
  • n0Reasonn0Reason
    Reactions: 920
    edited May 2017
    SadVirgin wrote: »
    This is actually hilarious.
    u6sipVS.jpg

You know Nexon, if you want to so blatantly not care about your community, just put the medals back in, you'll make more money that way
    Zambookii
  • IHadToIHadTo
    Reactions: 955
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    n0Reason wrote: »
    u6sipVS.jpg

You know Nexon, if you want to so blatantly not care about your community, just put the medals back in, you'll make more money that way

That would be a step in the wrong direction. I'd rather not have the medal back.
    Just remove the frags from the NX only box. It's not licensed content, Nexon.
    Rissaness
  • RainingRaining
    Reactions: 375
    edited May 2017
    u6sipVS.jpg
    Okay Nexon...

So let me summarize what happened:

1. You tried to earn money from your Reboot player base by placing medals in your crossover box (10 more attack). Understandable. You're a business.
    2. Community made a "backlash," and you "listened to your community" by twisting their words. You somewhat did your job, but definitely wrongly.
    3. You found a "loophole" in your community's words and decided to add unique pot scrolls and apples because we didn't explicitly say you couldn't. Either one of these... is so so much more than 10 more attack. My rich cousin can now skip weeks of farming in a blink of an eye! Let's hear it for the pay2win-able unique pots!
    4. Event is now, and people will have gained access to pay2win for unique pot scrolls and apples, so it's "too late" to revert. Onyx apple training ohmygod!!! #2008

From what I can tell, it seems like you're skimming your community's words from pure obligation. Then you're "fixing" the community problem before trying to find a new way to earn the lost profit. Not sure how obvious it is that trying to pull a fast one on us is not going to end well.

Can we just get the medals? We understand that you don't mind blowing up your Reboot philosophy, so why are you hindering us now? Do you hate us?
    ZambookiiReoshikaiWillowRosenberg
  • XeratetsuXeratetsu
    Reactions: 1,050
    edited May 2017
    Raining wrote: »
    Do you hate us?

Yes, they hate us. Reboot doesnt make them nearly as much money as the normal servers so they're gonna nuke us until we give in. Because why should we be able to enjoy the game how we like is when nexon can just [Removed] it up and run everyone out so they can delete the server and never have to worry about it again.
  • TsukiBakaTsukiBaka
    Reactions: 1,410
    edited May 2017
    Raining wrote: »
    u6sipVS.jpg
    Okay Nexon...

So let me summarize what happened:

1. You tried to earn money from your Reboot player base by placing medals in your crossover box (10 more attack). Understandable. You're a business.
    2. Community made a "backlash," and you "listened to your community" by twisting their words. You somewhat did your job, but definitely wrongly.
    3. You found a "loophole" in your community's words and decided to add unique pot scrolls and apples because we didn't explicitly say you couldn't. Either one of these... is so so much more than 10 more attack. My rich cousin can now skip weeks of farming in a blink of an eye! Let's hear it for the pay2win-able unique pots!
    4. Event is now, and people will have gained access to pay2win for unique pot scrolls and apples, so it's "too late" to revert. Onyx apple training ohmygod!!! #2008

From what I can tell, it seems like you're skimming your community's words from pure obligation. Then you're "fixing" the community problem before trying to find a new way to earn the lost profit. Not sure how obvious it is that trying to pull a fast one on us is not going to end well.

Can we just get the medals? We understand that you don't mind blowing up your Reboot philosophy, so why are you hindering us now? Do you hate us?

I wouldn't even say they "found a loophole". They know exactly what the community is talking about. They simply spat in our face yet again. I'm pretty damn sure their thought process was "Even though we are still going against their wishes, this won't hurt as much. They will move on, we get monies, yay." It is clear Nexon has no ability to think up better ideas that would benefit ALL of their players AND help build their business.

It's not like they hate their players. It's just that they give no [Removed] about them. The survey and everything else literally was all a waste of time and an act. They've done literally nothing we've suggested, no real answers whatsoever, no replies in the slightest. They've lied about countless things, all the time. They know nothing about their game!
    TubaQuilavaZambookiiReoshikaiWillowRosenberg
  • XeratetsuXeratetsu
    Reactions: 1,050
    edited May 2017
    No this is a blatant attack on reboot players because we said we didnt want our server to be full of p2w bs like the normal servers. it was a simple request to remove the nx box in reboot while keeping the nx cosmetic box and they couldnt even do that. they dont want reboot to exist because they cant make money off of it like the normal servers so they're gonna nuke it into oblivion. simple as that.
  • GargulaGargula
    Reactions: 855
    edited May 2017
    Nexon has realeased a new Game:

VCp5pCd.jpg

ReoshikaiQuilavaNewtGallanextmon
  • YungAoYungAo
    Reactions: 100
    edited May 2017
    I had no idea that the event boxes had the medals removed in reboot until today. I chatted with a GM and they said to post a complaint here. I spent a lot of money trying to get a medal but it wasn't even possible. There was no announcement saying it was removed, neither was there like a scrolling banner at the top of the game screen in reboot.

You shouldn't have to go "Hey I wonder if they removed this thing from the event in ONLY REBOOT! Let's check the forums!"
    I've never gone on the forums before so how would I know that this even happened? There was no big announcement or anything. All i knew was the information from the event weeks ago on the crossover event details. I charged NX and opened boxes when the update was live and got nothing but trash, not knowing they removed the only thing in there that made them worth buying. It felt like a purposely-done thing meant to waste peoples' money by not making a large announcement. It feels as if not just I, but the part of the community that doesn't go to the forums were betrayed and led to waste money on this where there was no chance of getting the medal.

So basically there's no medal, there never was a medal, and there will not be a medal in reboot and nobody outside of the forums would have ever known because they don't go on the forums. That's awful.
  • GargulaGargula
    Reactions: 855
    edited May 2017
    YungAo wrote: »
    I had no idea that the event boxes had the medals removed in reboot until today. I chatted with a GM and they said to post a complaint here. I spent a lot of money trying to get a medal but it wasn't even possible. There was no announcement saying it was removed, neither was there like a scrolling banner at the top of the game screen in reboot.

You shouldn't have to go "Hey I wonder if they removed this thing from the event in ONLY REBOOT! Let's check the forums!"
    I've never gone on the forums before so how would I know that this even happened? There was no big announcement or anything. All i knew was the information from the event weeks ago on the crossover event details. I charged NX and opened boxes when the update was live and got nothing but trash, not knowing they removed the only thing in there that made them worth buying. It felt like a purposely-done thing meant to waste peoples' money by not making a large announcement. It feels as if not just I, but the part of the community that doesn't go to the forums were betrayed and led to waste money on this where there was no chance of getting the medal.

So basically there's no medal, there never was a medal, and there will not be a medal in reboot and nobody outside of the forums would have ever known because they don't go on the forums. That's awful.

Welcome to Nexon.
    YungAoWillowRosenberg
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017

That is inaccurate. They announced it both on the forums and on reddit, and they did update the Cash Shop Update for May 11, which is where the boxes and medals were announced in the first place, and changed its title to "[UPDATED]Cash Shop Update for May 11".
    Granted, one has to pay close attention to the "News & Events" part on the Launcher or the website to notice that there's that "[UPDATED]" in there and check what's up.
    It definitely would have been better if they'd posted a whole new notice on the website (and I hope that piece of feedback gets back to them, @VFM's).
    But many people don't even look there regularly.

A couple questions for you, kind of following up on Nexon's communication survey, since they're aware most maplers don't use the forums and are looking for ways to get in touch with them all:
    - Where do you usually get your MapleStory news from?
    - If there had been an official MapleStory Discord, would you follow it?
  • YungAoYungAo
    Reactions: 100
    edited May 2017
    AKradian wrote: »

That is inaccurate. They announced it both on the forums and on reddit, and they did update the Cash Shop Update for May 11, which is where the boxes and medals were announced in the first place, and changed its title to "[UPDATED]Cash Shop Update for May 11".
    Granted, one has to pay close attention to the "News & Events" part on the Launcher or the website to notice that there's that "[UPDATED]" in there and check what's up.
    It definitely would have been better if they'd posted a whole new notice on the website (and I hope that piece of feedback gets back to them, @VFM's).
    But many people don't even look there regularly.

A couple questions for you, kind of following up on Nexon's communication survey, since they're aware most maplers don't use the forums and are looking for ways to get in touch with them all:
    - Where do you usually get your MapleStory news from?
    - If there had been an official MapleStory Discord, would you follow it?

So usually I just ask my guild members in discord if anything new happened. I check the site sometimes but I rarely revisit the same post.
    Yeah i'd follow it. I don't use reddit or these forums (though I was told by a GM to use the forums here.)
  • Xenon92Xenon92
    Reactions: 2,125
    edited May 2017
    sigh, i guess nothing will be changing about these boxes.
  • SorrowSorrow
    Reactions: 2,780
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    Clearly a case of selective hearing when they say they listened to the community.
    They might as well rename Re:Zero random box to Overpriced Philosopher Book feat. 5 Re:Zero items.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    ... and it's still pay2win in Reboot, with those Unique Scrolls and Onyx Apples.