[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.248 - Strawberry Farm Festival Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Of Wondroids and Jump Quests

PetalmagicPetalmagic
Reactions: 7,660
edited May 2017 in Rants and Raves
I hate Jump quests. Hate them. This new event finally gives me an opportunity to get an android heart for my Android. Oh but guess what, its a giant Jump quest. -insert angry profanity here- WHY DO YOU DO THIS TO ME T^T I just want a perm heart for my android...but I don't want to cry myself to sleep just to get it.
WatcherCCG

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    Same here.
    I can't JQ to save my life.
    So this event, which is blocked by this giant jump quest, is completely inaccessible to me.

I mean, I could get the coins from the daily "hold this" quests and buy some 2x coupons or something, but that's hardly what I was hoping for.

I'm sure we're not the only ones.
    WatcherCCG
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited May 2017
    AKradian wrote: »
    Same here.
    I can't JQ to save my life.
    So this event, which is blocked by this giant jump quest, is completely inaccessible to me.

I mean, I could get the coins from the daily "hold this" quests and buy some 2x coupons or something, but that's hardly what I was hoping for.

I'm sure we're not the only ones.

The last two attempts, I have literally thrown my Wondroid out of pure seething rage.
  • XeratetsuXeratetsu
    Reactions: 1,050
    edited May 2017
    Its all about timing and memorization. Considering i did this jq style event for 5 hours before i was able to complete it, It just takes time and patients. getting irritated and tilted wont help you. No im not saying its easy, nor am i saying that this event is fair to those who arent good at jq's, Im just saying that its entirely possible as long as you remember where the android can and cannot stand, and the timing of the steam and lasers
  • QuickDrawerQuickDrawer
    Reactions: 1,750
    edited May 2017
    we ned guide
  • RollsRolls
    Reactions: 3,220
    edited May 2017
    The whole thing's possible, but it's disgustingly hard. BiS or not, the heart shouldn't be this hard to get. Everyone should have some opportunity to get it in a way not dependent on the abomination that is jump quests.
    WatcherCCG
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited May 2017
    Rolls wrote: »
    The whole thing's possible, but it's disgustingly hard. BiS or not, the heart shouldn't be this hard to get. Everyone should have some opportunity to get it in a way not dependent on the abomination that is jump quests.

Yeah, so much agreement here.
    WatcherCCG
  • RikoLattéRikoLatté
    Reactions: 520
    edited May 2017
    It would be nice if they adjusted it in some way. I can't be spending hours doing this, life gets busy.
  • RollsRolls
    Reactions: 3,220
    edited May 2017
    Well, I did end up clearing it, and I have my heart and android now, but I'm not going to be all "that was easy, just get good" just because of that.
    It still took hours and it was still damn hard. A jump quest shouldn't take this long.
    TriforceWatcherCCGIts2Sharp4U
  • RikoLattéRikoLatté
    Reactions: 520
    edited May 2017
    Well, I did end up clearing it, and I have my heart and android now, but I'm not going to be all "that was easy, just get good" just because of that.
    It still took hours and it was still damn hard. A jump quest shouldn't take this long.

Just to clarify, did you get your heart and droid from clearing the jump quest or did you buy it?
  • thatplantthatplant
    Reactions: 765
    edited May 2017
    RikoLatté wrote: »

Just to clarify, did you get your heart and droid from clearing the jump quest or did you buy it?

Clearing the stages gives you access to buy the android. Even if you have enough coins for it, you cannot buy it without finishing. After finishing you get access to investigation map (which is bugged at the moment). This map had mobs in it which also drops coins for the event. Buying the heart is no problem but you cannot use the android until you clear B4 through B1.
    -
    I'd also like to add : this event sucks and what sucks even more is that I don't think they're gonna do anything to make this event easier. The Emilia's quests were too boring, and now this event is too hard. Two super bad events in a row that I absolutely dislike.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited May 2017
    thatplant wrote: »
    RikoLatté wrote: »

Clearing the stages gives you access to buy the android. Even if you have enough coins for it, you cannot buy it without finishing. After finishing you get access to investigation map (which is bugged at the moment). This map had mobs in it which also drops coins for the event. Buying the heart is no problem but you cannot use the android until you clear B4 through B1.
    -
    I'd also like to add : this event sucks and what sucks even more is that I don't think they're gonna do anything to make this event easier. The Emilia's quests were too boring, and now this event is too hard. Two super bad events in a row that I absolutely dislike.

I honestly want to give up on the event because It took me all day to get to B1 and one DC brought me back to B4. So many things in this event need changing.
  • PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
    Reactions: 5,265
    edited May 2017
    I was so excited for this event, but upon finding out it had a jump quest, I was instantly turned off from trying to get androids. When will Nexon (any region) realize that nobody likes jump quests? It took me like 4 hours to complete, and I refuse to do it a 2nd time.
  • QuickDrawerQuickDrawer
    Reactions: 1,750
    edited May 2017
    you guys can get a perm heart with no stats.
    you have to level a beast tamer from lv 60-100 I think and then collect the rewards and hope you get the heart btw its a silver heart it only gives +60 defence
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited May 2017
    you guys can get a perm heart with no stats.
    you have to level a beast tamer from lv 60-100 I think and then collect the rewards and hope you get the heart btw its a silver heart it only gives +60 defence

Im kinda...in Reboot...no trading :T
  • DiscordOfColorsDiscordOfColors
    Reactions: 965
    edited May 2017
    this isn't really a hard level of jump quest however you lose over stupid things, and yes you get some exp and 30 coins for those but its really frustrating. its also really hard and bugged on me already 3 times. (when pressed a button nothing happened resulting in having to relog and start over from b4. and 2 disconnects.) if it wasn't for my pride as a jump quester i wouldn't even bother with it after b4.

and what sucks the most is that unless you're umeployed you probably won't rescue all androids, i only got free time on weekends why can't do this ***t jq enough time to make up for the lost weekdays. its always like that with daily events.. really hating nexon lately.
  • DiscordOfColorsDiscordOfColors
    Reactions: 965
    edited May 2017
    thatplant wrote: »
    After finishing you get access to investigation map (which is bugged at the moment)

whats the bug? i'm having no problems accessing those maps
  • BruiseBruise
    Reactions: 1,375
    edited June 2017
    It's a fun event, though.

What would have rather had instead?

What is fun to you?
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited June 2017
    Bruise wrote: »

What is fun to you?

Fun to me...would be doing stuff with my friends, like playing these mini games. Fun is where I can use my characters skills and capabilities to train or hunt bosses. Fun is not doing a repetitive, and insanely cruel jump quest, its only frustrating to me.
  • BruiseBruise
    Reactions: 1,375
    edited June 2017
    Petalmagic wrote: »
    Bruise wrote: »

What is fun to you?

Fun to me...would be doing stuff with my friends, like playing these mini games. Fun is where I can use my characters skills and capabilities to train or hunt bosses. Fun is not doing a repetitive, and insanely cruel jump quest, its only frustrating to me.

Good luck completing the jq then. :)
  • WatcherCCGWatcherCCG
    Reactions: 1,570
    edited June 2017
    With Burning up, I have much better things to do than punch this brick wall with a trollface on it. Send nasty feedback about this event and get to power leveling.