[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Wonderoid Jump Quest Difficulty

Comments

• foussiremixfoussiremix
    Reactions: 2,335
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    To all who say its easy to do and we always want something want made easy because we want .mimimimimimi.

You know its difficult to do a JQ if you get random lags that ruin jumps, a DC, plattforms that are smaller than they look, getting killed, falling through the floor, android breaks before reaching goal,
    and lets not forget that peoole exist with body disabilities .

Also jump quests do NOT fit into a event with coins or atleast make them easier and not difficult as flip.
  • GargulaGargula
    Reactions: 855
    edited May 2017
    This JQ was one of the easiest that I've ever completed. I could literally do it with my eyes closed.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited May 2017
    Gargula wrote: »
    This JQ was one of the easiest that I've ever completed. I could literally do it with my eyes closed.

and most of us are not as skilled, It's not really fair if only 1% of the players can do an event while the rest of us are sitting and cringing because we can't. :T Seriously, not all of us are good at JQ.
  • GargulaGargula
    edited May 2017
    Petalmagic wrote: »
    Gargula wrote: »

and most of us are not as skilled, It's not really fair if only 1% of the players can do an event while the rest of us are sitting and cringing because we can't. :T Seriously, not all of us are good at JQ.

I was jk. It took me 7h to complete for the first time.
  • RollsRolls
    Reactions: 3,220
    edited May 2017
    Ramenoodle wrote: »
    To those who've already beat it and are telling others to "get good and practice more", good for you, but you have to admit this whole thing was way too excessive and annoying. B1 itself could be the entire jump quest and it would still be over the top.

tfw people are going all "I only took 9 hours, jq is too easy just get good and stop complaining"
    WatcherCCGPetalmagicthatplantVimi
  • WatcherCCGWatcherCCG
    Reactions: 1,570
    edited May 2017
    The amount of elitism and gatekeeping I've seen from those few who've managed to brute force through the JQ is outright disgusting. This is not a competitive PVP game where the numbers matter in any meaningful way. We ought to be helping each other up, not kicking everyone beneath us down.
    RollsEsoumVimiDividedFlowTomerTop
  • CrystalOraCrystalOra
    Reactions: 3,135
    edited May 2017
    After hours of trying and rage quitting, I finally finished the JQ. Then not having experienced enough insanity, I went on another character and finished it again. We have until the 20th. Looks like I will be running this on as many characters as I can for the lvl 120 heart and first droid. I really don't care about the other droids or gaining a medal. My husband will not be seeing me for a while.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited May 2017
    CrystalOra wrote: »
    After hours of trying and rage quitting, I finally finished the JQ. Then not having experienced enough insanity, I went on another character and finished it again. We have until the 20th. Looks like I will be running this on as many characters as I can for the lvl 120 heart and first droid. I really don't care about the other droids or gaining a medal. My husband will not be seeing me for a while.
    I am sorry...
  • GargulaGargula
    edited May 2017
    I got the medal yesterday. It sucks, HOWEVER, it's so pretty. me liek it
  • foussiremixfoussiremix
    Reactions: 2,335
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    First of all they need to fix the 3D plattforms that are actually 2D.

Than make the duration of the laser being off a bit longer it change tge animation.
    And atleast give us a checkpoint between each section.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited May 2017
    First of all they need to fix the 3D plattforms that are actually 2D.

Than make the duration of the laser being off a bit longer it change tge animation.
    And atleast give us a checkpoint between each section.

Something with the steam please...That's waht gets me. and we seriously need to have a checkpoint that works if we DC...(DCs are the reason I cannot get past B1 it seems)
  • HakufuHakufu
    Reactions: 1,155
    edited June 2017
    You know whats funny? They made changes to b1 that actually made it noticeably harder. I'm done, not getting hearts for my other main or alts.
    I don't feel like spending 12+ hours trying to figure the room out with videos and etc. They can take that heart and use it as a suppository for all I care.
    Vimi
  • CrystalOraCrystalOra
    edited June 2017
    I fell you pain. Just when i was starting to get the hang of it they change the steam jets so that there are like 6 in a row that are very hard to avoid. Who ever changed it has a sick sense of humor. So now we have about 1/3 of the people who could complete it before still able to do it. Way to make your event unpopular.
    Vimi
  • VimiVimi
    Reactions: 1,760
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    This event was the final nail on the coffin. I've pretty much quit, haven't logged on in at least 2 weeks. I'll come back when they decide to add some actual good/fun content.
  • CrystalOraCrystalOra
    edited June 2017
    I'm now having small lags that keep getting me killed and I still can't do B1 after they changed it.
  • SanaenSanaen
    Reactions: 475
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    This is some new level on absurdity. No content should require banging your head against the same thing over and over again for zero progress. The fact that B1 is clearly more difficult than the previous floors and is essentially two levels in one with no checkpoints is absolutely ridiculous.

Besides, once we get to the end and we get the "oh it's blocked, let's just use the stairs we used to get here in the first place", what's the point of making us go all the way to the end just to see the message again? Why can't we just use the loading dock to escape? It's right by the door and it's very clearly open with daylight streaming in.
  • PhoenixKumoPhoenixKumo
    Reactions: 2,730
    edited June 2017
    I would suggest either putting checkpoints between floors and after you reach the end of B1 so you could leave and come back whenever you want. It has the advantage of allowing players to tackle the JQ at their own pace even if they're not skilled.

Or nerfing the difficulty if they're not going to put checkpoints.
    Vimi
  • MewBlueberryMewBlueberry
    Reactions: 1,530
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    Can we like, get a pity pass or something if we fail saving Aster too many times? I'm so tired of dying on B1 over and over and over and over... I just wanted a heart...
    Vimi
  • ShulbarsShulbars
    Reactions: 610
    edited June 2017
    well, its like every maplestory event, ridiculous, hard and time consuming, they just like to **** us with these events
    Vimi
  • NingoNingo
    Reactions: 200
    edited June 2017
    If you are involved in developing this content, you better watch your back and do your best to hide your identity.