[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts
Closed

Suggestions for Royal Hairs/Faces & Perm NX Covers

Comments

• JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    I just wanted to drop a suggestion here that I have heard from other players. Note: I am lucky enough to have a hair/face I am happy to use forever so I'm not really involved in the fight for better vip hairs/faces.

Perhaps it is time to retire some very old royals that keep coming back? By retire I don't mean make them no longer obtainable either. The idea would be to push royals that are long past their day down to VIP status. This might help players feel less frustrated by seeing the same hairs/faces time and time again.

Bolded the point that is the complaint I've heard from several.
    emperor52PeepiHappyFoxTubaIts2Sharp4UJettLuvsUBDO
  • PeepPeep
    Reactions: 3,950
    edited May 2017
    JushiroNet wrote: »
    I just wanted to drop a suggestion here that I have heard from other players. Note: I am lucky enough to have a hair/face I am happy to use forever so I'm not really involved in the fight for better vip hairs/faces.

Perhaps it is time to retire some very old royals that keep coming back? By retire I don't mean make them no longer obtainable either. The idea would be to push royals that are long past their day down to VIP status. This might help players feel less frustrated by seeing the same hairs/faces time and time again.

I think this is the best course of action. There are probably hundreds of royals by now and some old ones we haven't seen for months to maybe even a year. Since the royals rotate every 2 weeks perhaps making them VIP would be better.
  • krskkrsk
    Reactions: 2,980
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    Arwoo wrote: »
    krsk wrote: »
    After re:zero is still after May.. I mean the hope is gone.

Nothing good comes from being pessimistic.
    When the original list of suggestions were sent out the plans for Re:ZERO were still being put together.

As stated multiple times in the past, there was a delay in seeing a number of community suggested styles due to the collaboration event. Expect to see more community suggestions after the Re:ZERO collaboration event has concluded as stated in my recent post. Don't expect to see every single style and NX cover from the rotation to be items from only within this thread either. Our other teams also have an agenda for the release/appearance of certain items and this thread allows Maplers to see a number of their requested items within that line up.

Thank you,

Arwoo

I'll buy that you guys had some plans for this month... but this thread has been opened since February. In that time.. we have seen a total of 12 of the SAME styles over and over and OVER again. Sometimes in multiple coupons co-currently. In over 5 months you couldn't apply any of these player suggestions? Is it really a surprise that so many of the servers are dead when player requests get overlooked for nearly half a year? I'm not being pessimistic, i'm stating facts. Low key, I feel like you guys just randomly toss out whatever and if we are lucky enough to have a hair from our lists magically appear, you will pretend it was because of our suggestions.

Additionally, just as an aside, I would hardly call throwing a few re:zero themed items in overpriced boxes an event.
    Tuba
  • GargulaGargula
    Reactions: 855
    edited May 2017
    In my humble opinion, the male Lucid hair is ugly af. :(
  • TubaTuba
    Reactions: 3,175
    edited May 2017
    After re:zero is still after May.. I mean the hope is gone.

Nothing good comes from being pessimistic.
    When the original list of suggestions were sent out the plans for Re:ZERO were still being put together.

As stated multiple times in the past, there was a delay in seeing a number of community suggested styles due to the collaboration event. Expect to see more community suggestions after the Re:ZERO collaboration event has concluded as stated in my recent post. Don't expect to see every single style and NX cover from the rotation to be items from only within this thread either. Our other teams also have an agenda for the release/appearance of certain items and this thread allows Maplers to see a number of their requested items within that line up.

Thank you,

Arwoo

Regardless of the preparation for the crossover event, you guys should have been on top of this way before the crossover was even being considered. Players were giving out suggestions way before this post was even made, and I could probably count the # of the suggestions you've actually taken from players on my hand, that is if it wasn't just a coincidence you incorporated them. I'm not attacking you Arwoo, but I'm really tired of this and the lack of interaction is such a turn off. Also, the re:zero event was total garbage. To be honest it was probably one of the most disappointing crossover events and not just because of the p2w aspect, but the 1 daily quest was boring and experience itself was boring.

That's an awesome suggestion except it's already been suggested and apparently not taken into consideration. I will tell you that I'm about to retire myself though lmao.
    krsk
  • HoneyWaterHoneyWater
    Reactions: 2,245
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    hi o3o
    Umm of course the last time the Perm Transparent item were released in New Years well the day before New Years and i couldnt get it because i bought the Karma Koin last second and... well lets just say i didnt have a happy new years :'( and since i read something in the maplestory discord about the transparent items. I don't know if it's true but someone said they release it around every 6 months so... like is it going to be released this month :> ? If not... could u make it happen : >, Like i don't need Fancy Effects and stuff to look cute. I want to look Simple and Cute :3.

• SilvaSilva
    Reactions: 1,085
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    What? Lucid Hair and Face for Male? I want it!!

And I also want permanent Wondroid NX Cover (that is currently available in Mechanical Heart Coin Shop for 30 days)
    JettLuvsUemperor52
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited May 2017

That'a actually a pretty smart move. It reduces the strain of Royal rotation as well if some of the bulk gets lowered down to VIP status.
    Silva wrote: »
    What? Lucid Hair and Face for Male? I want it!!

And I also want permanent Wondroid NX Cover (that is currently available in Mechanical Heart Coin Shop for 30 days)

Permanent Wonderoid NX Covers would be nice.
    emperor52Petalmagic
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited May 2017
    Id like the permanent Lucid NX Set/Midnight Set in ya know...a set...not an RNG box that I cannot buy.
    Its2Sharp4Uemperor52
  • StarrySWolfStarrySWolf
    Reactions: 1,155
    edited June 2017
    would to see hillaroid hair for girl this time and mangus hair for guys also faces
    Cx99U1j.png
    JettLuvsUemperor52Its2Sharp4U
  • StarrySWolfStarrySWolf
    Reactions: 1,155
    edited June 2017
    Kellay wrote: »
    @AlexF

That's weird - my links are all working perfectly fine for me.

the one that arent workign seem to be instrgram ones :o
  • emperor52emperor52
    Reactions: 1,940
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    Petalmagic wrote: »
    Id like the permanent Lucid NX Set/Midnight Set in ya know...a set...not an RNG box that I cannot buy.

It would be nice if they offered more perms in complete sets like KMS, in addition to the style boxes. So people can buy the set if they just want specific perms and/or the style boxes if they want a mix of different perms. They did it with the Heroes of Maple cash shop update, the heroes' outfits were sold both in complete sets and the boxes.
    krskPetalmagicJettLuvsU
  • krskkrsk
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    emperor52 wrote: »

It would be nice if they offered more perms in complete sets like KMS, in addition to the style boxes. So people can buy the set if they just want specific perms and/or the style boxes if they want a mix of different perms. They did it with the Heroes of Maple cash shop update, the heroes' outfits were sold both in complete sets and the boxes.

OMG yes i second this. I really would like the option of just buying what i want.

Additionally, I think it would be nice to included explorer and beginning styles (a.k.a. faces and hairs characters start with) in either the VIP or REG coupons as currently, those coupons seem useless and beginner styles really don't warrant the $3.50 price tag of royals.

I'd also like to say that I am legit gonna lose it if we get a rotation of the SAME OLD TIRED STYLES this Tuesday in royals. Please please please listen to us and put something new or at least less rotated in.
    PetalmagicJettLuvsUemperor52
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited June 2017

Yeah! Like...seriously, I would buy a complete set over a box with a 2% chance...of getting one item in teh complete set.
    krskemperor52
  • krskkrsk
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017

Yeah! Like...seriously, I would buy a complete set over a box with a 2% chance...of getting one item in teh complete set.

I wish they would do this, but i feel like its not something we will see being as they make way more off us putting something with a 1% chance in a box. zzz But great suggestion and i hope that they will consider it.
  • UnlimitedPowerUnlimitedPower
    Reactions: 1,185
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    Can we have a Noob Hat and Noob Overall sale? The Noob Overall and Noob Hat is worn by the 3rd character from the right.00ES3-73c3a330-112b-41f1-b545-30f8520640cc.png
    The last time these items was on sale was during the 10th anniversary. http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/2856/cash-shop-specials-5-6-5-12
    JettLuvsUkrskemperor52
  • BluejeansBluejeans
    Reactions: 2,130
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    As the Re:Zero event ends tomorrow, I expect to see suggested styles in the tomorrow's cash shop update. (Pray)
    emperor52krsk
  • ArwooArwoo
    Reactions: 17,755
    edited June 2017
    Bluejeans wrote: »
    As the Re:Zero event ends tomorrow, I expect to see suggested styles in the tomorrow's cash shop update. (Pray)

More likely to be around 6/21 along with an additional surprise to go with it!
    However, we may see a couple of the suggested items in tomorrow's update.
    emperor52JettLuvsUInvulgo
  • krskkrsk
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017

Are you serious? We have been asking for specific styles for more than 5 months and have gotten nothing but the same old garbage on repeat. Literally the same 12 styles, sometimes in two coupons at the SAME TIME. Last time, you told us we could expect to see some of our suggestions mid to end of May, which we did not, and now it's June and you are saying mid to end of June? As if we needed more confirmation that Nexon does not care about what its players want, this is it. Thank you for the heads up on the oncoming disappointment. I almost wasted money on NX.

For the rest of you out there wondering why your servers are looking so dead, don't blame Reboot, blame stuff like this ^.

On an additional aside to Arwoo, remember when you told me not to be pessimistic? Looks like I had a reason to be after all. Guess the new face of Nexon is one of the same 12 they keep shoving down our throats in these garbage updates.
  • forumsareannoyingforumsareannoying
    Reactions: 2,815
    edited June 2017

Are you serious? We have been asking for specific styles for more than 5 months and have gotten nothing but the same old garbage on repeat. Literally the same 12 styles, sometimes in two coupons at the SAME TIME. Last time, you told us we could expect to see some of our suggestions mid to end of May, which we did not, and now it's June and you are saying mid to end of June? As if we needed more confirmation that Nexon does not care about what its players want, this is it. Thank you for the heads up on the oncoming disappointment. I almost wasted money on NX.

For the rest of you out there wondering why your servers are looking so dead, don't blame Reboot, blame stuff like this ^.

On an additional aside to Arwoo, remember when you told me not to be pessimistic? Looks like I had a reason to be after all. Guess the new face of Nexon is one of the same 12 they keep shoving down our throats in these garbage updates.

My favorite was "As stated multiple times in the past, there was a delay in seeing a number of community suggested styles due to the collaboration event.", when i was one of the first people to post on this thread(1st page) and my suggestion never went through. Is it possible to respectfully call BS on someone?
    krsk
This discussion has been closed.