[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Marvel Machine: Umbra Weapons and such.

KushyDragonKushyDragon
Reactions: 1,715
edited June 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Title states it all, people going to rage, be upset, snap, etc.

Just give thoughts, comments, etc.

No Flex Zone, also No Flame Zone.

Simple Suggestion. And more or less it may happen in the future regardless.
  1. Umbra Weapons and such in the Marvel Machine?24 votes
    1. Yay, keep it going as so much is in there already.
       17% (4 votes)
    2. Nay, boss is annoying as hell but I like suffering through it.
       0% (0 votes)
    3. Yes Please, gotta get them mesos and other ways for end game!
       17% (4 votes)
    4. Nah bruh, just don't do it man.
       67% (16 votes)

Comments

• RollsRolls
    Reactions: 3,220
    edited June 2017
    Until people can reliably clear Lucid and get Arcane weapons at a reasonable rate, I don't think they should just insert them into the game with Marvel
    Its2Sharp4UCatoooloooJettLuvsUStargeth
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited June 2017
    There's a reason why Arcane Shade isn't in Marvel Machine yet. If anyone remembers Tyrant Gloves there that is one of the many other reasons why Kritias Invasion is dead.

It's not just:
    Nay, boss is annoying as hell but I like suffering through it.

Adding Arcane Shade this early into Marvel only promotes more spending of real dollars instead of players actively clearing Lucid for weeks.

Until this happens:
    Rolls wrote: »
    Until people can reliably clear Lucid and get Arcane weapons at a reasonable rate, I don't think they should just insert them into the game with Marvel

Along with the exchange rate being lowered and easier to obtain, we shouldn't just slap it into Marvel. Sure it will happen in the future, but it doesn't have to be near or right now.
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited June 2017
    dude, Arcane shade isnt even legally obtainable yet for anyone, once we get to mid month a small amount will probably enter the market, adding them now would just kill motivation for people that have been doing lucid every week to get some kind of return (be it for personal increase or for profit) I would hope they don't add them in until at least December ( we know they will eventually add them) so the loyal players that have been doing lucid can at least get a return on their efforts before the market is flooded, I mean not even all of the arcane shade set is released (not to mention Nexon never even bother to add absolab gears into marvel, not even as filler equips to dilute the stuff people want.)
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited June 2017
    Catooolooo wrote: »
    dude, Arcane shade isnt even legally obtainable yet for anyone, once we get to mid month a small amount will probably enter the market, adding them now would just kill motivation for people that have been doing lucid every week to get some kind of return (be it for personal increase or for profit) I would hope they don't add them in until at least December ( we know they will eventually add them) so the loyal players that have been doing lucid can at least get a return on their efforts before the market is flooded, I mean not even all of the arcane shade set is released (not to mention Nexon never even bother to add absolab gears into marvel, not even as filler equips to dilute the stuff people want.)

That also reminds me. Some Arcane Shade items are completely unobtainable such as Hat, Overalls, and Shoulder Decoration.
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited June 2017

That also reminds me. Some Arcane Shade items are completely unobtainable such as Hat, Overalls, and Shoulder Decoration.

Hopefully, they will be released in the 5th or 6th area of the Arcane River.
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited June 2017

that's exactly what I meant when I said "not even all of the arcane shade set is released", It would be terrible to kill the in game method of obtaining these with a premature release of Arcane shade gears into marvel or other cash for RNG methods, just like what happened in GMS with the Tyrant gloves.

probably wont get a method until the 6th area of Arcane river.
  • RollsRolls
    edited June 2017
    A bit more on what I said about people being able to get the equips "at a reasonable rate"
    24 coins for weapon is really bad. Absolab is just 5. I get that It's supposed to be harder cause the weapons are that much stronger, but 24 is just atrocious. That and a lack of a way to get butterfly droplet stones (Don't think Beyond adds a daily for them). It'll be a pretty long time before a decent amount can enter the market, and then you have to consider that people running Lucid will probably get equips for themselves before they start selling.
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017

It might be ok if they're very very rare. They need to tread carefully though as no one will be happy no matter what they do.
  • RollsRolls
    edited June 2017
    JushiroNet wrote: »

It might be ok if they're very very rare. They need to tread carefully though as no one will be happy no matter what they do.

In that case some whales will keep spinning until they get them. Then their price would get screwy with how disgustingly rare it'd probably be. If they put them in at all, no matter how rare, someone is going to get it and affect the market with it.
  • JulyJuly
    Reactions: 2,720
    edited June 2017
    yes they should add it to marvel, and im sure they will eventually.

not everyone can or want to kill lucid for 25 weeks to get it.. so it's fair to have it in marvel, exactly like tyrant gloves.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    July wrote: »
    yes they should add it to marvel, and im sure they will eventually.

not everyone can or want to kill lucid for 25 weeks to get it.. so it's fair to have it in marvel, exactly like tyrant gloves.

Let's just put the whole game into marvel.
    Not everyone can or want to do anything.

No.
    "Fair" doesn't mean "give me a paid shortcut to everything I'm too lazy to work for."

Of course, as we know Nexon, everything eventually ends up in $$ random reward $$ land.
    But first, let the people who worked hard and probably also paid a lot (you don't get the range needed to beat Lucid for free) have their day in the sun.
  • PeepPeep
    Reactions: 3,950
    edited June 2017
    I hope they learn from past mistakes and NEVER put endgame boss gear into marvel again. Not only is it p2w but it makes killing the actual boss not worth it other than for the boss soul. It's really sad that the values on these items dip because of the cash shop. They already ruined OZ by making all the items from there pretty much available by cash shop means. Don't do it with the Arcane set.

After the Override update it will still take 12 weeks to get the weapon which everyone will want. Adding it to marvel and allowing people to get it in a day is just stupid and a real spit in the face to any loyal players you have left.
  • ShiroiSenkouShiroiSenkou
    Reactions: 580
    edited June 2017
    I say do it.

You have to pay to kill Lucid, you also have to pay to play marvel. The amount you have to pay to kill Lucid is probably going to be much more than the amount you have to spend on marvel.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    Peep wrote: »
    Not only is it p2w but it makes killing the actual boss not worth it other than for the boss soul.
    Boss souls appear in Marvel/Philo/Gach too...
  • PeepPeep
    Reactions: 3,950
    edited June 2017
    I say do it.

You have to pay to kill Lucid, you also have to pay to play marvel. The amount you have to pay to kill Lucid is probably going to be much more than the amount you have to spend on marvel.

Not true at all. You only kill faster with higher damage. There's a handful of people I know that play 100% free and would be able to tackle Lucid in around 20-25mins with their damage. Finding a group is the only issue you'd have.
    AKradian wrote: »
    Peep wrote: »
    Not only is it p2w but it makes killing the actual boss not worth it other than for the boss soul.
    Boss souls appear in Marvel/Philo/Gach too...

Magnificent only but yeah.
  • WearzWearz
    Reactions: 300
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    The game is made to be played. This addition would kill the playing aspect of the game for so many people. Why work and progress towards something when you don't have to work at all? It is supposed to be an achievement. Just my opinion but even the idea of adding the gear to marvel disgusts me. Luckily it is more logical for nexon to keep them out from marvel for quite a while since this encourages more people to aim for the gear in game which generates more revenue in long run untill they become more common from the boss.

This being said wouldn't it be more reasonable for them to release absolab gear in marvel first?