[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Did they change B1?

CherryBlossom35CherryBlossom35
Reactions: 500
edited June 2017 in General Chat
So I went into the Aspire jump quest today in hopes of finishing it, but I guess that's never going to happen. I'm thankful that they took out some steam vents in B1, but they added steam vents in new places. (Probably to discourage us from backtracking through the steam vents) Anyone have a guide to finish the NEW B1?

Comments

• ZqribbleZqribble
    Reactions: 515
    edited June 2017
    Everyone is saying that the steam vents were altered but I noticed no differences in B1 now than how it was before.
  • ZeroShadowZeroShadow
    Reactions: 510
    edited June 2017
    Zqribble wrote: »
    Everyone is saying that the steam vents were altered but I noticed no differences in B1 now than how it was before.

As he said, there's a certain pattern of hot steam that appears more often than the other pattern. Which slightly annoys me as it's what I consider the more annoying combination of the two different versions.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited June 2017
    I haven't seen any differences... :T I wish they would remove a few steam vents though.
  • WatcherCCGWatcherCCG
    Reactions: 1,570
    edited June 2017
    If they made the hazards not oneshot you that would honestly be enough.
    JettLuvsU
  • PhoenixKumoPhoenixKumo
    Reactions: 2,730
    edited June 2017
    They did change it, at least, for Aster. Previously, there was a steam vent towards the beginning, which used to cover the ladder. That's gone now. There were also three consecutive steam vents towards the second half of the conveyer, irc, which is also gone now. So, they took out some steam vents in an attempt to make it easier. I just wish they'd add checkpoints.
  • RexaarRexaar
    Reactions: 3,645
    edited June 2017
    There are couple of different version of B1, so it might have been your first time seeing the other version with the steam vent changes.
    You usually enter the different version of the map if someone is also doing the same floor on the same ch or you didn't wait long enough for the map to reset after you died.
    (another example is B4, after you rescued the first android, the first pit of doom is either a few steps in front of you when you start or behind the first door)
  • PhoenixKumoPhoenixKumo
    Reactions: 2,730
    edited June 2017
    Rexaar wrote: »
    There are couple of different version of B1, so it might have been your first time seeing the other version with the steam vent changes.
    You usually enter the different version of the map if someone is also doing the same floor on the same ch or you didn't wait long enough for the map to reset after you died.
    (another example is B4, after you rescued the first android, the first pit of doom is either a few steps in front of you when you start or behind the first door)

Huh, well, I didn't know about that. But I've died several times and the room stayed the same for all those times. It seems kind of crock to have different setups for the same room though I mean, if you've been steadily getting better at one version of the room, quit, then came back only to have a different setup, then what was all that effort to learn the first room for?
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited June 2017
    Huh, well, I didn't know about that. But I've died several times and the room stayed the same for all those times. It seems kind of crock to have different setups for the same room though I mean, if you've been steadily getting better at one version of the room, quit, then came back only to have a different setup, then what was all that effort to learn the first room for?

The room doesn't have that much of a drastic change aside from additional traps or making them closer. The method to avoid them wouldn't change.

Now what would be evil is to completely swap the trap time activation. If the trap pattern activation were to change... maybe then I would have thrown the towel.
  • mushrocksmushrocks
    Reactions: 300
    edited June 2017
    I believe they did change b1 to make it easier. My main, a lvl17x paladin took 12hours+ to complete.

I logged in last night on my buccaneer and finished the whole thing in 30-40 mins.

B4: 2 tries
    B3: 1 try
    B2: 1 try
    B1: 3 tries

B1 is exceptionally easier. Around the halfway point. Theres a ladder on the left and 5-6 steam pipes on the right you have to pass. Instead of trying to go thru that. You can jump attack the vent and take the portal to bypass some of the steam.