[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Did Wonderoid Jump quests actually get HARDER?

DienstagDienstag
Reactions: 820
edited June 2017 in General Chat
As titled,

A friend of mine and I have been doing the jump quests on our alts and mains.

Somehow B1 feels harder than it did before with the changes to the steam vents.

Of course I thought this was in my head, because the recent scheduled maintenance seemed to improve the quality play for B4, until my friend, Star, said that it felt harder. This sort of defeats the purpose of nerfing b4 IMO.

Thoughts? Feelings?

Note: He's done the jump quest 7 times on hard mode (2nd play) and on easy mode (1st play) on 10 alts.
  1. Do you find the Wonderoid Jump Quest harder after the 'fixes'?20 votes
    1. Yes. It's much harder.
       45% (9 votes)
    2. No. It's easier.
       10% (2 votes)
    3. B4 is easier, but B1 is harder
       45% (9 votes)

Comments

• TsukiBakaTsukiBaka
    Reactions: 1,410
    edited June 2017
    If I recall correctly, they did nothing to B1. After saving Aster, there are 2 instances for B4-B1 the next time you go through rescue mode. There's 2 different B1s that you can come across as well, one of them being harder than the other. B1 hasn't changed for me, so none of your answers fit my opinion, which is, feels the same.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited June 2017
    It's always felt harder each time I do it...
    Lair
  • MiwaMiwa
    Reactions: 620
    edited June 2017
    Sometimes (for me) the steam vents usually get misplaced, the floor now just spewing out steam instead of it on the texture where the steam vent is suppose to belong on.
    DienstagIts2Sharp4U
  • SanjaySanjay
    Reactions: 1,616
    edited June 2017
    There are different placements of steam you can get. There are easy and hard ones. But yeah it depends if you luck out and get the easy steam placement one.
  • ZeroShadowZeroShadow
    Reactions: 510
    edited June 2017
    Your poll need a forth option:
    -It's no different

It's still the same unforgiving glitchy nonsense as it was before.
    Its2Sharp4U
  • CrystalOraCrystalOra
    Reactions: 3,135
    edited June 2017
    I was able to complete B1 and obtain the first wonderoid on three characters before they changed it. Now I have spent DAYS trying on a different character with no hope of finishing. In my map where there used to be two sets of jets close to each other up, down, space, up, down. Now in that same area there are SIX up and down, little space up, little space, down, little space down, up! It is so hard to get past and it does not help that I keep having little lag spikes that send me flying into them. I also keep falling into the floor on the elevators. I jump and don't land on anything. One of the elevators did not go up enough and when I walked to the end of it I fell through the floor. Sometimes the steam jet ends and I still die from touching it when there was nothing there. So many problems that I wish they could fix. Give the jets a little more time before they go off again and the lazers too. Very hard to get past this stuff with the lag spikes.
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited June 2017
    I think the difficulty stayed the same.
  • DividedFlowDividedFlow
    Reactions: 1,135
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    Feels harder definitely. I've been trying to pass B1 since the event started and I keep getting the map where the vents are different/harder to move pass than before maintainence. I think I'm gonna give up on this nonsense event and stick with my fairy roid.
  • CrystalOraCrystalOra
    Reactions: 3,135
    edited June 2017
    I finally got past B1. If you can make it all the way to the right don't take the steam back until you get to the ladder! Take the upper path until the ladder then tele your android down below the belt. It will walk back and the vents that are left are further apart. I will be trying this method on other characters after I earn my 4th android and heart! =]
  • GoldAdventurerGoldAdventurer
    Reactions: 2,645
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    Here is how to play that event (it was in TMS and its original name is Beautyroid):