[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Newbie coming though~

ChibifulsChibifuls
Reactions: 200
edited October 2016 in General Chat
I'm super new to Maplestory ~ Currently downloading. Any tips for a new player?

Comments

• ThrillersVNThrillersVN
    Reactions: 955
    edited October 2016
    Join an active Guild in any servers and you will get all the Guides and Tips.
  • ChibifulsChibifuls
    Reactions: 200
    edited October 2016
    ThrillersVN

Awesome great tip! ^-^ Thank you.
  • XeraphimXeraphim
    Reactions: 1,480
    edited October 2016
    ThrillersVN

I managed to do this after getting 16 characters to lvl 120+ and my main to lvl 179... XD

Advice for Newbiekins: Get on Reboot. The other servers are flooded with extremely excessive demand for financial funding (you'll drop a couple thousand $$$ easy just to get up to speed). Just get on Reboot. Then make a Mercedes for her 10% XP link skill at lvl 120. Then plot out your next Link Skills and make each character as necessary. It's usually best to start your MapplStirry Ad Ventures during a "Knew PlayEr E-Vent!" so you can get some neat and extremely overpowered rewards (like I did during the Burning and Frozen events in June-August)
  • XeraphimXeraphim
    Reactions: 1,480
    edited October 2016
    This game plays a lot like the old side scrollers I used to love on Atari, NES, SNES and Game Boy back in the day. It's pretty addictive.

I will admit that the Jump Quests are absurdly evil though. Whoever coded those is probably an arch-villain in some alternate universe. You move way too slow and jump way too low. Some of them... they are nitpicky to the very pixel so if you jump even 1 millisecond late you fail and have to do another 5 minutes or so of getting back to that spot.
  • ThrillersVNThrillersVN
    edited October 2016
    ^
    I think that MS will be funnier when we play with new friends/new guilds/new alliances.
    Btw my Alliance is dead tho (sad)

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited October 2016
    Xeraphim
    Xeraphim said:

ThrillersVN

I managed to do this after getting 16 characters to lvl 120+ and my main to lvl 179... XD

Advice for Newbiekins: Get on Reboot. The other servers are flooded with extremely excessive demand for financial funding (you'll drop a couple thousand $$$ easy just to get up to speed). Just get on Reboot. Then make a Mercedes for her 10% XP link skill at lvl 120. Then plot out your next Link Skills and make each character as necessary. It's usually best to start your MapplStirry Ad Ventures during a "Knew PlayEr E-Vent!" so you can get some neat and extremely overpowered rewards (like I did during the Burning and Frozen events in June-August)
    If you're going to tell someone to play on Reboot who's just downloading the game for the first time, then you ought to tell them as well that if they choose to do that then 95% of their time on the server will be spent farming mesos or trying to find a map in which to do so.
  • ThrillersVNThrillersVN
    edited October 2016
    Aggraphine

Xeraphim
    Xeraphim said:

ThrillersVN

If you're going to tell someone to play on Reboot who's just downloading the game for the first time, then you ought to tell them as well that if they choose to do that then 95% of their time on the server will be spent farming mesos or trying to find a map in which to do so.
    Let the newbie choose his/her playstyle.
    If you are here for grinding,just go on Reboot.
    Otherwise,Scania for the most active community.
  • PhoenixKumoPhoenixKumo
    Reactions: 2,730
    edited October 2016
    Xeraphim
    Xeraphim said:

Why're we talking about link skills and level 120 and Burning events to a complete newbie? Why should this person wait several months for a new player event when they want to play now? Let's not make this more complicated than needed.

Anyway, when you start the game, you'll have several worlds, or servers, to choose from. Currently the most populous (non-Reboot, which is special) is Scania so if you like playing with other people and don't mind crowds, then those are the servers for you. The other worlds aren't as populous so if you like mostly solo play, then you can choose those. Reboot is a world where monsters are much tougher and you can't trade with other players or drop items. If you want to upgrade your equipment or buy anything from shops, you'll have to earn the mesos (in-game money) or anything else you want/need yourself through monster drops and selling junk. It's just as tedious as it sounds, especially since upgrade items cost a lot, but people like it because it gives an even playing field for all players.

There are also a ton of characters you can choose to play and depending on what you like, we can recommend a whole list of things for you if you want or if you pick a character but are unsure if it's right for you, you can come back to the forums and we could tell you a little more about it!

Welcome to Maplestory and happy Mapling!
    Bahamut_X
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited October 2016
    ThrillersVN

Aggraphine

Xeraphim
    Xeraphim said:

ThrillersVN

Let the newbie choose his/her playstyle.
    If you are here for grinding,just go on Reboot.
    Otherwise,Scania for the most active community.
    Just saying, if you're gonna suggest Reboot, lay everything out for the dude before he gets into it and realizes he doesn't want to spend all of his time farming mesos or something. If he wants to do that, it's his choice, but it's best to let him know what he's going to be getting into beforehand, right?
    CatoooloooBahamut_X
  • rizariza
    Reactions: 3,025
    edited October 2016
    HEY NEWBIE JOIN THE ONE EYE DRAGON AND WE CAN MAKE MAPLE GREAT AGAIN

[flash=]