[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Suggestion for Shadower's meso explotion

FrixxieFrixxie
Reactions: 520
Member, Private Tester
edited June 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Currently Shadower's meso explotion skill cancels the attack flow while using other skills. Is it possible to make meso explotion simular to Mechanic's Homing beacon skill where you can use other skills while spamming homing beacon?
MisterKrekelDarkPassenger

Comments

• scholar624scholar624
    Reactions: 3,315
    edited June 2017
    Perhaps it's just my gear (or rather the lack thereof) but meso explosion is very underwhleming compared to all other offensive skills if the coins hit a target only once or twice even when pickpocket drops the max amount of meso allowed.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited June 2017
    scholar624 wrote: »
    Perhaps it's just my gear (or rather the lack thereof) but meso explosion is very underwhleming compared to all other offensive skills if the coins hit a target only once or twice even when pickpocket drops the max amount of meso allowed.

thats why meso explosion is mainly used for bossing. there have been tests done whether meso explosion and midnight carnival are better than assassinate and dark flare post v update and assassinate+dark flare are still better, but before people would do midnight and meso explosion.

if meso explosion is used to mob, each mob will get attacked by 1 coin dropped but if it's one boss and 15 coins fly towards it, the boss will get hit 15 times. and the reason it's midnight and meso explosion is because pick pocket used to work based on how many hits you land on the target before they changed it. since midnight hits 15+ times with shadow partner (15 cap) 15 coins dropped every cast. There will be changes to midnight (maybe) like in kms they were doing a test server with a buff to midnight carnival.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited June 2017
    Frixxie wrote: »
    Currently Shadower's meso explotion skill cancels the attack flow while using other skills. Is it possible to make meso explotion simular to Mechanic's Homing beacon skill where you can use other skills while spamming homing beacon?

that was their intentions with the no cast delay they implemented on meso explosion. might have to do with gms ping because kms shadowers dont get that delay.
  • DoKingDoKing
    Reactions: 1,455
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    I agree that Meso Explosion is poorly implemented in GMS due to the vast variation of ping between players. Playing from Australia, while I can sometimes cast with almost no delay, majority of the time there is a noticeable stutter between one attack and another when casting meso explosion. I think converting meso explosion to a toggle homing missile type skill would make more sense.

In terms of overall damage, if I am highly attentive and cast when the coin count reaches 20, it adds around 5% overall damage to bossing as of current. This is less than casting sudden raid whenever it is off cooldown. Keep in mind I have assigned lvl 50 node boosts to both sudden raid and meso explosion. And feels quite peculiar for a skill with such required attention and number of hyper upgrades to fare so poorly.