[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Let us keep the minigame area

PerceptivityPerceptivity
Reactions: 2,820
edited June 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Hello my suggestion is to let us keep the current minigame area that we currently have as an event limited area.
Ever since star planet was removed due to various reasons, i have been missing the joy of playing games together with other people, i do believe not only me who would like a return of a minigame area. The current event area is big enough to hangout in and has all the minigames we like and love so why not let us keep it not as an event only area but as a proper place to hangout and play games together.
Another idea would maybe to revamp the current game corner we have in henesys park, cant really say its a game area when there is no games there nor has any other real reason to be there except for maybe a potential hangout spot.

So i suggest to either add the current event minigames to the game corner or let us keep the event minigame map so that we players can keep playing the minigames that we like.
InvulgoJettLuvsUscholar624AlexFWatcherCCGShadEightkrsk

Comments

• TwizzzlersTwizzzlers
    Reactions: 2,235
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    Good idea.. Also have like a reward system for like maple point coupons, chairs, or even useful items that is in the coin shop.

Also Revamp Monopoly.. Too glitch and keeps messing up the game

Add games like

The Keyboard Game kinda like dance dance revolution they had in star planet
    1vs 100 trivia game
    Elevators - A game based off of items that 3 players must pick up items dropped by the UI. The UI picks random 1 item each time and if you get that item right you move up. Reach the top to win Victory.
    PerceptivityJettLuvsUInvulgodeadend5193
  • InvulgoInvulgo
    Reactions: 4,620
    edited June 2017
    Awesome supported!

I would totally play minigames on a daily basis. Rewards could be a type of minigame currency and a shop that includes permanent vanity items and spell traces. What else? I wouldn't want it to include RP due to how robotic it made people play in StarPlanet, beside it also took the fun out of the games.

PerceptivityJettLuvsUAlexFWatcherCCG
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    I agree the mini-games should remain available, and also that the rewards, if any, should not be something that motivates people to bot.
    PerceptivityInvulgoKylehell007scholar624ShadEight
  • Kylehell007Kylehell007
    Reactions: 1,295
    edited June 2017
    I've encountered mainly more bots using the system then actual people if at all. As much as I enjoy the experience of mini-games it should either be patrolled or be able to snipe robotic functions on the abusing ends because that's what is causing all the game issues.
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    I'm in full agreement that there's a botting problem and steps should be taken to remove them....

However I find it strange to desire to make content unappealing to prevent botting. Unless your goal is to prevent anyone from finding it appealing....

For example we could also nerf elites by making them drop nothing. Botters will no longer care about them but neither will real players.

That's a difficult one.
    JettLuvsU
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    JushiroNet wrote: »
    I'm in full agreement that there's a botting problem and steps should be taken to remove them....

However I find it strange to desire to make content unappealing to prevent botting. Unless your goal is to prevent anyone from finding it appealing....

For example we could also nerf elites by making them drop nothing. Botters will no longer care about them but neither will real players.

That's a difficult one.

In this specific case, people just want the mini-games because they're fun. They don't need extra rewards. Just as Omok and Memory have been in the game forever, they give nothing, but some people still play them for fun.

On the other hand, Elite Bosses were added to the game for the express purpose of giving players rewards for grinding that "can't be botted" (because back then, bots just killed everything and looted everything). Unfortunately, the hackers have since developed methods for opening their Elite reward chests within the 10-minute limit, so the purpose is being defeated.
    Invulgo
  • DoKingDoKing
    Reactions: 1,455
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    Wonderful idea, maybe the rewards can be cosmetic covers, or coins like those avatar stamps in FM? not necessarily the same rates of course.
    ShadEightInvulgo
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    Sounds like they should just add more mini game etc items like the ones we have. Yut, one card, monsteropoly and don't forget star step!

• ShadEightShadEight
    Reactions: 3,110
    edited June 2017
    Keep the minigames but have only cosmetic/chair/damage skin rewards.
  • xOtakuxOtaku
    Reactions: 1,355
    edited June 2017
    ShadEight wrote: »
    Keep the minigames but have only cosmetic/chair/damage skin rewards.
    This, but make the items from it tradeable only within account.