[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Unscheduled Maintenance compensation?

DankNugsDankNugs
Reactions: 770
edited June 2017 in General Chat
There has now been 2 unscheduled maintenance's since the event dropped, I was not able to get my 4th box because of this one, and we lost nearly 8 hours of event time in the 24 hours it even been up? People are losing boxes, we can't use skills correctly, constant channel crashes, among other issues. Shouldn't we receive some sort of compensation for this?
HakufuLatinwxZeroBluxCaptainStrikerfoussiremix
  1. Do you think there should be compensation?50 votes
    1. Yes
       88% (44 votes)
    2. No
       12% (6 votes)

Comments

• ManiOhManiOh
    Reactions: 2,155
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    yea and its long one and set as minor patch
    http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/23601/unscheduled-minor-patch-june-22-2017 i think we sould get some fair compesatiion some legion coins/ box-stamp auto clear/ overide coins.... and such
    its spec for luna (eu) players that this mainteance/patchs last few days allways hit most popular timeings (where most are able to play)
  • HakufuHakufu
    Reactions: 1,155
    edited June 2017
    Items/events I think would be good/fair for compensation.
    • Three 1 hour 2x exp cupons
    • Three 1 hour 2x drop cupons
    • 60 Override coins
    • or Possibly 2x for 48 hours next weekend from friday reset to sunday reset.
    • Or Double miracle time and half off cubes
  • choozchooz
    Reactions: 1,815
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    Hakufu wrote: »
    • Seven 1 hour 2x exp cupons
    • Seven 1 hour 2x drop cupons
    • 60 Override coins
    • and Possibly 2x until Friday Reset. ~PDT

Now who's dreaming?
    DarkPassengerVampirelilyDankNugsPreet
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited June 2017
    maybe 4 30 minute 2x exp is more plausible and perhaps 50 coins.
    DankNugsHakufu
  • HakufuHakufu
    edited June 2017
    chooz wrote: »
    • 60 Override coins

Now who's dreaming?

At least its more reasonable than wanting to farm coins on 40 characters in a few hours, Triggered much?
    Unforgivennn
  • HakufuHakufu
    edited June 2017
    maybe 4 30 minute 2x exp is more plausible and perhaps 50 coins.

I only said 7 for all the hours we lost to unscheduled maintenance's and server instability.
  • 0ppai0ppai
    Reactions: 410
    edited June 2017
    i just wanna DMT this Friday or Saturday. so that i will have my drop gears for farming nodes and mesos in following 2x activities.
    Hakufu
  • 0ppai0ppai
    edited June 2017
    U guys think about what time of DMT is decent?
  • HakufuHakufu
    edited June 2017
    0ppai wrote: »
    U guys think about what time of DMT is decent?

Probably close to the usual 2x exp event times.- Meaning 3 DMT
  • HeinekenHeroHeinekenHero
    Reactions: 2,060
    edited June 2017
    wow we already have 2x every weekend plus we probably won't be getting DMT because of that. The problem is the events like the boxes
  • HakufuHakufu
    edited June 2017
    wow we already have 2x every weekend plus we probably won't be getting DMT because of that. The problem is the events like the boxes

Well Nexon gave us 34 days worth of time to get 96 boxes (136) total. They're letting us miss about 10 days safely if servers don't keep going down via crashing or unscheduled maintenance's most people should be able to get their abso.

Also, the 2x was planned long before all the unscheduled maintenance's, not as compensation.
  • 0ppai0ppai
    edited June 2017
    i think we just lose 2 days for ab weapon. and it's time for DMT cuz override is a huge upgrade and there is about 3.5 months after last DMT. everyone expects DMT, isn't it?
  • MageOfBattlesMageOfBattles
    Reactions: 4,280
    edited June 2017
    Frankly, I'd be happy with like, 10~20 coins, and a few 15 minute 2x's exp coupons. Or just one or the other.
  • HakufuHakufu
    edited June 2017
    i think we just lose 2 days for ab weapon. and it's time for DMT cuz override is a huge upgrade and there is about 3.5 months after last DMT. everyone expects DMT, isn't it?

Nothing wrong with a DMT event, helps all the newer players that were smart enough to save their mesos/nx up for cubing.
    I only missed 1 day for abso so far because of server instability and didn't care to do it in a couple hours after update.

• InfinitFonduInfinitFondu
    Reactions: 530
    edited June 2017
    You can't even imagine how obnoxious this is when I'm 249 w/ less than 500b exp to 250 to go on my zero in khroa. EVERY time the game goes down for maint, all the burning fields go away, and my exp rates are trash for about 12 hours after the game finally comes back up. Rage
    HakufuTropismPirateIzzy
  • DankNugsDankNugs
    Reactions: 770
    edited June 2017
    I feel like a fair compensation would be an extension of the x2 events this weekend. Make them all last 4-5 hours instead of 3, seeing that we lost more time than that due to unscheduled maintenance's.
    Hakufu
  • 0ppai0ppai
    edited June 2017
    I lose at least 1b for 5hr maintenance
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited June 2017
    I lose at least 1b for 5hr maintenance

I lost my last box from Takeover for the day...
  • choozchooz
    Reactions: 1,815
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    chooz wrote: »
    • 60 Override coins

Now who's dreaming?

At least its more reasonable than wanting to farm coins on 40 characters in a few hours, Triggered much?

Oh no, I wanted the box event for the time when having 40 characters meant something to be similar to all the other box events before they mattered. That's totally unreasonable! God, you're pathetic.
  • MidnightLouieMidnightLouie
    Reactions: 550
    edited June 2017
    This is the last straw. I am going to switch to Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn for the PS4 because I made a promise to a lot of people that I would get the platinum trophy for it and Square-Enix learned their lessons - don't give us shoddy products and patch it to oblivion, just kill your game and reincarnate it in a new game format. We need Maplestory: A Realm Reborn. :p

Not only FFXIV, but I am going to be busy earning platinum trophies in a lot of games over the next 12 months and I cannot spend time with an MMO that constantly has to be shut down for hours and hours just because the programs can't handle the awesome power of the USA computers. Now racist joking aside(I don't care much if I get banned since I am leaving Maplestory soon anyways), Nexon needs to understand that if do not find a way for GMS to stop crashing every time we try to log on, then they need to discontinue GMS and put all of their money on the original KMS because all the hardcore Youtubers and Korean fanboys are the ones paying the NX to keep them from going bankrupt.

I know I am being a Gloomy Gus, but I have no time for foolishness. Actually, it's best I uninstall and quit Maplestory because then I can spend my nights earning trophies in Persona 5 and whatnot which is more time-consuming. My time with Maplestory officially ends once I get the money to buy FFXIV on the PSN store, so they'd better give me heavy compensation. Heck, they ruined my Mega Burning characters and I lost them because those guys didn't get the Frozen Gear, which is vital to surviving Levels 101+!!!