[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

These override box drop rates are MISERABLE.

Comments

• HakufuHakufu
    Reactions: 1,155
    edited June 2017
    Petalmagic wrote: »
    Hakufu wrote: »
    Petalmagic wrote: »
    ...Are you kidding me? With just a spider...I can get 60 boxes in one DI run...multiply that by five...You get PLENTY. =3=

The guy wants to do it on 40 characters, hes delusional.

Hell...if all 40 of my characters had spiders...I might consider it =3= but what do ya know...I only put spiders on my main/farming characters.

Honestly though, expecting them to change the drop rates so that they can farm 60 boxes on 40 characters before each reset w/o any funding of any kind is unreasonable. Not to mention the big items in the coin shop like the ring aren't all that expensive this time around. Heck on july 22nd all items will be 30% off in coinshop.

• HeinekenHeroHeinekenHero
    Reactions: 2,060
    edited June 2017
    lol who can even farm boxes anywayXD i crash evvery time i log on
    HakufuLilyflower
  • HakufuHakufu
    edited June 2017
    lol who can even farm boxes anywayXD i crash evvery time i log on

Yep the real issue is the channels staying up long enough to do ANYTHING.
  • UnforgivennnUnforgivennn
    Reactions: 1,555
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    chooz wrote: »
    It was never possible, except for all the other box events where it was possible. So it was always possible. Moron. Are you sockpuppeting? That's what it looks like.

Ahh I see, there's no winning against your stubborn delusional self... got it
    Hakufu
  • XenomataXenomata
    Reactions: 2,595
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    I got at least 300 boxes just leveling up my character from 10 to 95, which took about 6 hours maybe? I dunno I took a few breaks in that time frame. I wasn't even trying to, my pets just did their own thing most of the time. Keep in mind, for almost all of that time I didn't have any drop rate modifiers.
    Besides, there isn't really a reason to do it on more than 5 characters you actually like using. The most expensive item, the Synergy Ring, can only be bought 5 times on your entire world, the rest of the items there isn't a good reason to worry about unless you are trying to gather supplies for one character. I'd understand it in any other world, but I'm a Reboot player so I don't give a crap. I don't even know if the ring is worth it, it's stats are locked behind buying it 5 times on separate characters when past rings cost like 300 coins more but gave you all the stats at once with no gimmick. Can it even be potted?
  • HakufuHakufu
    edited June 2017
    Xenomata wrote: »
    I got at least 300 boxes just leveling up my character from 10 to 95, which took about 6 hours maybe? I dunno I took a few breaks in that time frame. I wasn't even trying to, my pets just did their own thing most of the time. Keep in mind, for almost all of that time I didn't have any drop rate modifiers.
    Besides, there isn't really a reason to do it on more than 5 characters you actually like using. The most expensive item, the Synergy Ring, can only be bought 5 times on your entire world, the rest of the items there isn't a good reason to worry about unless you are trying to gather supplies for one character. I'd understand it in any other world, but I'm a Reboot player so I don't give a crap. I don't even know if the ring is worth it, it's stats are locked behind buying it 5 times on separate characters when past rings cost like 300 coins more but gave you all the stats at once with no gimmick. Can it even be potted?

It says it comes with a rare pot.
  • XenomataXenomata
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017

Hm, that's a bit better than I was expecting, but still you are doing 5x the work that most people would do for only one of these rings.
  • HakufuHakufu
    edited June 2017

Hm, that's a bit better than I was expecting, but still you are doing 5x the work that most people would do for only one of these rings.

Think of it this way, you're making more than your main stronger.
  • XenomataXenomata
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    think of it this way, you're making more than your main stronger.

Hm that is true...
    ....yeah it's true.

By the way, I'd like to quickly ask, is the Override Armor/weapon worth it? It just looks like the typical useful in the moment event armor that doesn't even use a unique look, since it rips off the White anniversary armor.
  • MageOfBattlesMageOfBattles
    Reactions: 4,280
    edited June 2017
    So I know that the ring improves when you have 5 characters total equipping it, but what are said bonuses? And are they better than gollux gear?
  • PhoenixKumoPhoenixKumo
    Reactions: 2,730
    edited June 2017
    So I know that the ring improves when you have 5 characters total equipping it, but what are said bonuses? And are they better than gollux gear?

For each character that equips the ring, they gain +5 all stats, +500 max hp/mp, and +2 w/matt so at most, you'd get +25 all stats, +2500 max hp/mp, and +10 w/matt. Altogether, including the ring's original base stats, you get +30 all stats, +3000 max hp/mp, and +12 w/matt.

http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/23433/v-186-override-evolve-patch-notes

I'm not sure about Gollux gear, though. I think even the Cracked set is better than this single ring.
  • IKizaruIIKizaruI
    Reactions: 530
    edited June 2017
    I like how we've gotten to the point where we're being begged to create 40 characters but everyone wants to be fine with not having the time for 40 characters

Gahahaha what are you smoking?? Its never possible to have enough time for 40 characters idiot

The extra characters are for link skills and whatnot but not taking advantage of an event

At the most you can use 4 maybe 5 characters to take advantage of events

Where players seem to have multiple characters on 1 account I did the opposite thanks to the burning event. At least they are all effortlessly geared well. Hehe.
  • NishijimaNishijima
    Reactions: 1,010
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    Uhh yeh I'm getting about 300 boxes in 30 minutes, but I have 200% drop from gear + spider and the new decent holy symbol, not sure if spider and holy symbol even stack or if holy symbol stacks multiplicatively or additively. I don't have kishin though.
  • choozchooz
    Reactions: 1,815
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    I just like how i'm the dreaming idiot fool for wanting the event to be brought up to consistency with all the other exactly interchangeable events before it.
  • UkrMaplerUkrMapler
    Reactions: 510
    edited June 2017
    UkrMapler wrote: »
    I'm getting a ton of these boxes, to be honest too many.

Now that's just an outright lie.

How so? I stream a lot when I play and it's all recorded. The faster you kill mobs the more drops you're going to accumulate. I'm still enjoying my high drop rate! :)

Also, insulting everyone in your thread isn't a good way to gain a positive following. When people disagree with you, or they're not experiencing your issue, it should never become personal.
  • choozchooz
    Reactions: 1,815
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    Because nobody's been insulting me or attacking me in any way with how they spoke, no sir.
  • XenomataXenomata
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    I just like how i'm the dreaming idiot fool for wanting the event to be brought up to consistency with all the other exactly interchangeable events before it.

Where in the world have you been the past year or two. Box drop rates haven't been generous without drop modifiers for a good few events.
    Speaking of which, not once have you mentioned your own drop rate modifiers. Something tells me you don't even have any mods...
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited June 2017
    Drop rate isnt too bad, on my no spider characters I get roughly 60-75 boxes in two dimension invasion runs
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited June 2017
    Nishijima wrote: »
    Uhh yeh I'm getting about 300 boxes in 30 minutes, but I have 200% drop from gear + spider and the new decent holy symbol, not sure if spider and holy symbol even stack or if holy symbol stacks multiplicatively or additively. I don't have kishin though.

holy symbol is additive and it does stack with spider.
  • XenomataXenomata
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    Hi, I'm Xenomata, I can pull **** out of my ass because i'm not observant enough to notice the huge difference between every other 60 coin limit box we've had!

And you think you know any better, if far less? Because you show that you don't, among other things.